Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/164/140

Height: 5' 6

Default That darn scale!

After being miserable long enough and at my highest weight EVER, I decided to start doing something about it…again. About 4 years ago I lost almost 30 lbs. then hit a long plateau. I gave up and over time I gained ALL the weight back plus a few extra pounds.

I started using Lose It! (an app on my phone) to log all my food and exercises. The app lets me set a goal and tells me how many calories I should have per day to reach the goal. I started last Monday and have been doing really well. I did the elliptical 5 out of the seven days and had a calorie deficit each of those days…this deficit was between 746-1,185. The two days I didn't hit the gym, I did go over my calories by a couple hundred.

When I weighed myself the fist day, the scale said 250. ☹ I weighed myself again on Friday (because I was curious) and it said 248.5! I went to do my elliptical workout at lunch. Since today marks my official first week, I weighed myself again. The scale said 251!!! ☹ I was very upset and just wanted to give up and not even do my workout. But I did it anyway. I weighed myself again after the workout because I was so bummed…the scale said 249.

I do feel better since I have been working out and watching what I eat. I don't feel tired like I use to…but naturally I want to lose weight. Any thoughts on this? I know scale questions are a regular on here. I just don't get it.

Oh, I have upped my water and did drink a liter of water between 9 and 11 a.m., then I weighed myself, around 11:20 worked out for 65 minutes, and weighed myself again. Do you think the water had anything to do with it?

Last edited by silversparkle; 04-20-2010 at 02:52 PM.
silversparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

lmao you sound like me ... i used to weigh evrey time i ate something , excersized even pee'd i think it deff has to do with the water try weighing evrey morning before you eat or drink anything right after you use the bathroom with nothing on this way you can accuratley track your WL without pondering things like what your wearing and if your last meal/drink of water had anything to do with it....
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If weighing that often is discouraging you- try weighing in only once a week, the same time. I weigh in Monday mornings when I get up right after I go to the bathroom. I might check my weight randomly during the week- but the only official number is Monday morning at 6 am
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

i agree! try to weigh on at the same time every day or week! it's natural for your weight to fluctuate throughout the day. I weigh in Sunday mornings after the bathroom!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/164/140

Height: 5' 6

Thanks for all the great advice!

I plan on weighing myself every Monday, since that's when I started working out and watching what I eat. However, my curiosity got the best of me and I went ahead and weighed myself on Friday and saw a loss of 1.5 lbs. Then, I weigh myself on Monday (yesterday) for my "official" weigh in to see that I was up one pound from my original weight! It's like I don't know if I lost weight or gained weight!
silversparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Make sure you aren't being careless on weekends. I used to weigh in on Fridays- then relax on the weekends and then spend the rest of the week getting back down to the same thing on Friday.

Weekends are usually when people eat out- and the salt will ruin any diet plan for sure!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote