South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Coffee and Chat

Woke at four for some strange reason and really need the coffee. I'm still very tired as yesterday afternoon did not go as planned. Margo and Glen Pyper of the Hyper Pypers came for the afternoon and stayed for dinner. The other half of the Hyper Pyper tribe was not along so things were half as hectic! I'm pretty sure it'll be an early bed for me tonight.

Faced the scale this morning and am not at all pleased! Too many poor choices lately so I'll have to remedy that starting today. I'm off to the gym for 7:30 after a Beachy breakfast. My ticker is a big fat liar today so I'll ignore it until it smartens up.

Yesterday's weather turned out here so we had big crowds at the Syrup Festival. I ended up cooking pancakes instead of sausage and have a slight burn on my tummy to show for it from leaning forward over the big grill. I think I need an asbestos pad under my apron.

Donna comes this morning to do windows and I have a Mill Meeting this afternoon which will certainly fill up my day. First though, breakfast and then off to the gym. (If I didn't have gym, I'd go back to bed!)

Happy No Moan Monday!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #2  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Ruth, you're up waaaay too early! It's 2:15 am here and I thought I'd check the boards before bed... I was shocked to see a Monday chat! I'm sorry the scale isn't cooperating, story of my life! Glad to hear the weather cleared up for the Syrup Festival! Have a great workout! See you in the morning (or for you the afternoon!)... Happy Monday
Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Since Ruth has declared this a no moan Monday I'll just wave and go back to drinking my coffee

I have to face the scale this morning and I don't think it's going to be a happy meeting here either. The body fat thing was good so that helps a little but there's no excuse for what I'm likely to see on the scale.

Ruth - Early to bed sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe some extra coffee along the way?

Kelly - sweet dreams

It's just a normal back to work Monday for me. I'm in the office three days this week and then off to the folks for a long weekend. That darned newsletter will go out in the mail today. I left it with a coworker for proofing on Friday. A few other loose end projects to work on, nothing exciting

DD was able to send a text yesterday morning and let us know she made it to Haiti with no hassles. She is finishing her first 12 hour shift up. I hope to hear from her but don't expect it.

And now to spend some special one on one time with my coffee.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-19-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!
No Moan Monday? Well, if you insist, Ruth, but the weekend went by way too fast. I'm glad the sun managed to come out and help boost the festival attendance.

Kelly, what are you doing up so late, or early? I hope you get plenty of sleep and have a good week ahead of you!

I was super-tired yesterday and had to drag myself through the day, when all I wanted to do was sleep all day. I did get laundry done and made a nice supper for everybody, though, and even got some gardening done. It would sure be nice to have today off! I have a hairdresser appointment before heading over to the farm, so my day starts early, but we have nothing planned for after school, so I should be getting home at a decent hour.

I need more coffee. Shall I pass the pot around?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Monday, Cyndi! I'm relieved to hear your DD had a safe trip to Haiti. I hope she'll have plenty of happy stories to tell, rather than sad ones. Enjoy your coffee!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

No Moaning Here! I have a fresh cup of coffee sitting here that has yet to be tasted! All I have to do is shut the back door and Bing will be out from under the bed ready to check the morning! I'll retrun....
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I was awol all weekend, and went off plan both days. I'm starting to feel like a broken record about it. I've got to try to get some focus back. Bathing suit season is coming soon and I really want to start losing again. I didn't weigh myself last week, so I don't know if there was any damage or not. I think I'll wait until Friday to weigh. Sigh.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

I'm on my coffee, and waking up nicely. DS's school was cancelled (electrical problem? Hmmm....), so I have him all day (and he's still sleeping, so it's nice and quiet!!). I was planning on a run this afternoon, daddy said I could drop him off there so I can still do it. .

Ruth - My ticker's lying too . I fear menopause, and how much harder it will be to stop the scale from fluctuating. Right now, my running controls it (mostly), but I'm not running 30 miles a week then!!

Kelly - Good night! and good morning again!

Cyndi - Body fat? I'm going to have to go back and reread threads.... You must be so proud of the DD!

Cottage - Are you prepared for a beatiful day? I think it's supposed to be one here. I'll have to have you visit during the arts festival or something. I was tired yesterday too, probably because slept horribly. Hope you're bright eyed and bushy tailed today!

Debbie - Good morning dear! I love having you here...

MMCK - I hear ya. I think I'm coming to grips not being the thinnest I can be, but can have some off plan foods occasionally. It helps my DH told me I had a "hot body" the other day though. .

Have a great day everyone! THe weather looks good this week, so I'm very excited for a lovely spring week!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday! I won't moan till I get to the office. I can't imagine what my desk looks like after being off for a week!

Ruth, I've burned my boobies cooking. They are just in the way!

Kelly, Hi! We haven't met. Wait till you're 40. You won't be nearly as perky at 2:15.

Cyndi, What is DD doing in Haiti?

Cottage, I hope you get some rest tonight. Maybe you can talk the girls into a nap?

Debbie, Good morning! I miss coffee, but not the heartburn. It's a fair trade.

Mmc, Love your new picture! Weekends are the hardest...

Me: We are home from Disney. We had such a good time. Auston said he was staying there and we could come home without him. I didn't realize how elderly my in-laws are until this week. I'm actually pretty sad about that. My MIL is 67 and was pretty pitiful. We ended up renting a power scooter for her every day and having to push her in a wheel chair in and out of the parks. On the positive side, she has inspired me to go back to Jazzercise. My mom is 62 and healthy as a horse because she exercises. I'm going to be like my mom and not my MIL when I'm in my 60s!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - hope your afternoon is a breeze

Debbie - Hope you and Bing are having a lovely walk. Another friend in CO says it's gorgeous there right now.

Mmc - I'm not even thinking about the dreaded bathing suit season

Twynn - I hear you on the menopause thing. Enjoy your run

Chelby - I love your Disney pics, especially the exhausted Auston pic Looks like you had a wonderful time.
I've got the positive and negative examples in my own family. My Dad just gave in as soon as he started getting a little achy but my Mom just keeps plugging away. She has actually lost weight and is more fit than she was 5 years ago. I want to be like her when I grow up

ETA - forgot to answer your question Chel DD is in Haiti for 10 days with a medical team connected to Partners in Health. Their job is to provide overnight coverage so the Haitian medical staff can get some rest.

Time to find some clothes and move on out of here. Have a good day all

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-19-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

I've been sick since 5a but no complaining about all those cookies tossed (literally)!!!

Ruth - I woke up craving a Diet Pepsi!?!? I am also having the same issue with the eating and scale. Grrrr
Cyn - good luck with facing the scale!
Cottage - ohhh, getting it cut or trimmed or ????
Morning Kelly
Debbie- I wanna be under the bed too.
MMc - same here
Morning Twynn - hope your run goes well!
Chelby - What a wake up call huh? When DW and I went to Disney 3 years ago, I was in a power scooter - overweight and lots of foot issues. Last year, I walked my way though miles of parks so I can empathize with both your MIL and you!

I am hoping that this post taking me almost an hour to write was the worst of the bathroom running. I think it was the chicken we grilled last night - we froze some chicken (club pack) with marinade and it was just not too good. I think I will get back into bed for a few hours and then, if I'm able to stop throwing up, go to the gym with DW today. Oh, and clean the guest room since we're having a guest this weekend before I head up to NY/NJ for a party for my friend's 1 yr. old and then to my sister's to see my niece and nephew. Here's to hoping!

Last edited by jenne1017; 04-19-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jenn - are you ca-razy?!?! NO gym on puking days!!! Wow. Of course, I pass out if I get sick more than twice.

Chelby - glad you had so much fun at Disney! I'm hoping to go in the next year, but we'll see what happens. I need to go check out your pictures!!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

LOL - I am already feeling better! I swear Twynn. I can tell it's more food related than sick related. We'll see.

But yes,
I am CRAZY! But that has noting to do with the gym
Old 04-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Ruth - Ouch! Pancakes are more dangerous than just the carbs!

Good night Kelly and good morning everyone else

Mmc - For me it comes early... this week on vacation. Eek.

Twynn - I was just thinking about exercise and my weight and that I am now getting in a decent workout since I have time but what happens when I can't! I don't really want to eat less. Sigh.

Chelby - Welcome back; glad it was such fun. My mom is is a great role model too and my MIL also wayyy to old for her age.

Jenn - Yikes! I hope you feel better soon. Your cruise sounds fun and you CAN be thinner by then.

DH and I leave for our trip in 3 days! So I have started packing and will try to get most of it done today. It always stresses me out and I always need to buy something so I hate to wait until the last minute. DH gets stressed to, and puts it off, so it will be the typical tension before travel here. And I have the funny feeling in my throat and behind my eyes that I am getting a darn cold so am downing Airborn.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Finally made it back! It's pretty windy still so I think I'll pass on the 630 bike to aerobics and instead go at 830 for water yoga. I've got a little more time now.

Ruth, I was glad to hear the weather improved for your event yesterday and hope you get some needed rest.

Kelly, See you later!

Cyndi, glad to hear DD made it into Haiti without hassles. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm tying up loose ends here, too.

Linda, I hope you catch up on your rest, too.

Mmc, I hope you find your focus today and are able to plan for a good food week.

Twynn, I've been thinking of you as I reflect over the last year since we share a SBD birthday. I'm glad you're here, too.

Chelby, glad you had a great trip! Sorry about the probable desk mess but I am ELATED to hear you are going to go back to Jazzercise! I think that is a great decision for you!! Stick to it!

Jenn, sorry to hear you're sick...I hope your day improves.

Karen, WOW 3 days until your trip! I hope you're not getting sick! Focus on wellness and "no stress".

I'm off to do my Beck homework. Part of my new lifestyle is planning my meals a week at a time, but it doesn't work right if I don't print it out and put it on the frig. I did find my scribbled notes which is a good start. I am noticing that planning is helping me to make better choices week by week AND I'm getting a bit more variety.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread