South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 1 finger food suggestions

Hi all! I just joined the community this morning, but the recipes I found last week have saved my diet! Thank you - the mock french toast and taco bakes are amazing!

Question: I have to bring finger foods to a post concert reception on Saturday. I'd like to make sure it's something I can eat, so no crackers or crostini. It will have to sit for a couple of hours so I can't do something that needs to come right from the oven.

Thanks!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Veggies & hummus or low-fat ranch dip, low fat cheeses, deviled eggs
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, CatMat! Cute username, btw.

Since you are enjoying the taco bake so much, it also makes a great finger food with veggie dippers, served cold for a party.
A few other suggestions are wrapping thin slices of lean deli meat and lowfat cheese around celery sticks, tuna or egg salad stuffed into cherry tomatoes, zucchini puffs, roasted chickpeas, goat cheese melted onto red pepper strips,

Here's the link for the zucchini puffs - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/snac...ini-puffs.html

Check out the Phase 1 Snacks for some other great ideas, too.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-18-2010 at 01:07 PM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #4  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Mmm this is making me hungry! Particularly things made with eggs... I must have some deviled eggs or egg salad tomorrow!

CatMat, I like to make 'cucumber coins' and top them with tuna, chicken, or egg salad for lunches, and it would also make a pretty good finger food. Or cucumber "sandwiches" made with the above salads and 2 cucumber coins, or even 2 cucumber coins with a little flavored cream cheese ( the kind with chives and onions) in between.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Melanie - I was thinking along those lines since it needs to be something people can pick up and move along. I'm also going to experiment with the English cucumbers sliced a little thick, and then scoop out a bit of the center with a melon baller. I can do one of the salads, or hummus. How allowable is goat cheese? I can mix that with some ricotta, and add herbs. hmmm - good thing I have an eggplant casserole in the oven!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote