Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2010, 02:58 AM   #1  
Stronger then ever

S/C/G: 160/125

Height: 5'4

Default Little things that keep me going,but make a huge diffrence what are your's?

I sometimes get down on my self and feel like all my hard work is not paying off..so on my really down days I feel very depressed and i force my self to get ready i put on some make up do my hair in a nice style wear nice clothes, and then i start to feel a lot better. I feel confident again. I went out and bougth some really nice workout clothes and shoes, when i workout i feel pretty and that keeps me going as funny as that sounds it brings up my confidence that i lack. I also try and write my self notes while i workout that say "you can do it" and " don't give up". Yeah they may be corny but it helps me. I 'am the one puting all this work and i reward me with long relaxing baths, and pamparing my self and just smile because my goal is so close I can feel it, i picture my self skinny everyday. So what little things do you do to help you along the way that mean a lot to you?
MoEstrada23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Moe - I do alot of similar things as you!

I reward myself with something for every five pounds I lose. (I go in five pound mini goals) Lipstick or handlotion or new socks (not food)

Also - I try to keep track of all the things I do right during the day. I keep track in my journal. It's very reinforcing for me

Sometimes I listen to a weight loss cd - it's a combination of relaxation techniques and things like picturing myself thinner, healthy eating and/or moving habits and more.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-18-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I try to do someting active, even if it's just picking up a few stray items around the house, or going for a walk around the block. It helps me to stop obsessing with the scales/food and contributes to my new lifestyle. It also helps me to "step back" so I am not so close to the frustration and perhaps to picture it as though I were asked to give advice to someone else...then I can take my own advice.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote