Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 06:55 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Tuesday's thread

morning girls,
jayne - i'm going to remember your wise words while i'm on holiday and do my best to make you all proud of me! i will go easy on the gelati and make sure i do lots of walking. i might even attempt to do some exercise on the beach! how were the cupcakes?
deb - i know what you mean by letting your eating get out of control. but you can stop it. try and do it one day at a time. i remember trish (where are you? how's the wee one?) used to stick stars on her journal for days she was good. i think stacey did similar (where are you!!). write down what you're going to eat for the day and stick to it. be really tough on yourself for a week until you get the hang of it. and think how you feel when you eat too much of the wrong things. my stomach gets all bloated and i'm miserable. think healthy and happy. you can do it! write down the reasons why you want to do it. and pin the list somewhere (fridge door?) you can see it so you keep reminding yourself.
hi tonya - how's the new house going?? will try to find some hunky italian men and take a pic and scan it in for you girls!! not sure what BF will think...
right, gotta go, we're a man down today and the magazine has to go to the printers in a few hours! eek!!!
hi to everyone else!!
kirsty
Old 09-10-2002, 07:45 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Thanks Kirsty! I do keep a calendar on the fridge that I made w/ a before & "goal" photo and put stars on the days I was OP. I also carry around a little notebook w/ the same calendar miniaturized and put little happyface stickers on the "good" days. It is motiviating when I have had a successful day.
Yesterday was a successful day!
I do have to do a lot of self talk. Sometimes it's just pushed to the back of my mind with everything else I've got to do. I'm getting there. It takes 28 days to break a habit. 1 day down, 27 to go - but who's counting?

Good morning everyone!

I hear my son doing anything BUT getting dressed for school. I must go get him into gear!

Talk to you later!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:01 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking Mornin'!

Kirsty, just straight up tell BF that we aren't going to be in Italy getting our hinders pinched, so the best way for us to live through you is if you take lots of pics of tall dark and handsomes for us. He has to understand...I'm glad you are thinking positively about vacation, I find that things go better for me when I'm not dreading all the food issues.

Deb, I know just what you mean about being tired of the constant food struggles. I have many of the same issues. I think the single thing that was the biggest help to me was just finally accepting the fact that I am not like other people. I have a real fixation with food and eating, and I'm never going to be able to eat "normally" without thinking through every step of it. Just like an alcoholic will always have to be careful not to put herself into a situation where she will get caught up drinking, I need to not put myself into situations that are cues for me to overeat, and if I'm in a danger zone, recognizing that and being accordingly careful. Another point is, the reality of people eating is fiction. 60% of Americans are overweight. Commercials are on 24 hours a day for foods that don't much of a place in a healthy diet, but advertisers are really working hard to make sure you'll see them as something you HAVE to incorporate into your daily routine. Produce isn't as high of a seller in supermarkets as chips. I don't think that the American public's norm is one you'd want to adopt. You are taking steps to put yourself into the healthy minority, and you will have to step away from the unhealthy norm in order to do this. But you can, and you will. Just the fact that you are putting this much of your time, effort, and emotional energy into it tells me that you will succeed. It may take awile, but nothing worth having is gotten easily. Just remember, there is no "healthy" normal, you will have to create the only normal that will work for you, and it may well be years before it's second nature. As long as we know and accept that, I think we are more willing to take on the challenges that WW brings to us.

Tonya, good to hear from you. I don't envy you having to hammer out financial aid, etc. I always hated standing in those lines and then finding out as you're at the front that you're usually missing a piece of crucial info or that you've been standing in the wrong line all along. I think that diplomas should be awarded for the knowledge of how to deal with college and university beaurocracies!

I'm into work in a few minutes...should be fun. THis will be the longest that I've ever left Aaron with anyone other than his daddy. He will be in the childcare room next door from 8:30 to 1:30; I know, I really need to get a life. It is high time I did this! I'll check in with y'all later!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:33 AM   #4  

Good morning!

I agree totally and am in the same boat Deb. The last few months have been terrible for me, eating everything, and not really caring. I literally plan in the morning where I am going out to eat today. That is so sad!! I agree that we need to take it one day at a time, and do what we can to motivate ourselves. I am starting today (once again), I think you are right that it does take a month to get into the lifestyle change mode. Let's do this!!!

I am going to buy some stars today at the store, and see if that helps keeping myself OP all day. Let's all take one day at a time, tomorrow morning lets hear from everyone as to how they did today.

Come on girls, I, for one, am tired of feeling bloated and having tight jeans all the time, its time to lose the weight!!

Ok, that was extremely preachy of me!! Not much going on today. Work is not too busy and the house stuff is in order for today so no shopping. DH and I got into an arguement last night when he got home from work (at 10:30) and I couldn't sleep last night. Why is it that everything seems so terrible at night, but when you wake up it isn't so bad? Anyway, I am tired today. I am taking the afternoon off tomorrow to go shopping for a new comforter for my bed when we move into our new house. I am trying to find a nice one with shades of silver in it. I have checked everywhere from JC Penney to Speigel with no luck. So, off to the mall I go.

Well, better get some work done, I am going to take a walk at breaktime and eating a low point lunch today. I AM going to stay OP!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:35 AM   #5  

Oh Jayne, almost forgot, good luck today, and don't worry about Aaron, he will be having lots of fun!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:41 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All.

Welcome back from vacation Lisa.

Good luck with the first day of work Jayne!

Sorry I haven't been able to resond to each of you but I lurk a little and it sounds like you all keep on keeping on.

My company underwent a major re-org last week. I still have a job but it has permutated into something even less desirable than before (didn't think that was possible). I'm going to have to start looking for something else outside my company (boo-hoo) I think and in the meantime I'll need to keep my head down and keep out of the ensuing political warfare (I think this re-org is going to be ongoing and nasty).

Just wanted you all to know what was going on in case I don't check-in very often. Last week was bad food and exercise wise (can't imagine how that happened -haha) but am back on track so far this week. Am hoping that my hardwork will result in a loss at WI this coming Saturday.

Laura
Old 09-10-2002, 11:58 AM   #7  

Good morning all. I just got out of a 3 hour meeting and my tooshy is sore! I have a lot to do, so I better get busy or I will be here all night! I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

There is a HUGE tray of donuts and pastries but the coffee pot at our office today. I have walked by them a million times today. I can not wait till they are all gone and I do not have to look at them anymore!!! OH SO TEMPTING!

Have a great on plan day all!

Last edited by Jibbelle; 09-10-2002 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 03:07 PM   #8  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Day #2 OP (well there are still a few hours left)

So far OP! Whew! It's so much easier staying OP for some reason when you have reached your ropes end! Why is that?

It's a busy day at work for me.

Marcie - you just keep passing up those donuts & pastries. The day will be over before you know it. Some one once suggested (this isn't for the squeamish) thinking about all the people who touch food left out on platters (like @ buffets & in the office coffee room) who are sick and have maybe sneezed on the food, or not washed their hands, etc. Sorry! But it works for me! Grosses me out - totally to the max! Tee-hee!

Jayne - Good luck today! Hope you had fun.
Sounds like you've got your week mapped out for you and you're even planning on keeping w/ Jen's running program too! You go girl!

Hi Laura - sorry to hear about the company re-organization. Stick with it for now and keep looking for other opportunities. When a door closes a window opens!

Yes Tonya, I am with you! I've set a challenge w/ 2 girls @ work. We've challenged to loose 5 lbs by October 7 (1 month from yesterday). I don't know how serious they are about it, but I need all the support (especially @ my weekend job) that I can get. Jeeze - I don't even fit into my jeans! I'd be happy if they were tight!
You've been a busy girl and have other distractions on your mind. You'll find a time when you'll automatically make the right choices w/ food even during stressful times.
Sorry to hear about the fight w/ hubby. It always seems that we fight at like 2 or 4 in the AM and it makes for a horrible nights sleep (or lack of).

Well, I've STILL got birthday invites to get out. I'm slacking & the party is LESS than 2 weeks away. Let me get cracking!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:12 PM   #9  

Deb ~ Way to finish the day OP. I will be finishing the day OP also. I will stick to this!!!

Marcie ~ Deb is right, god knows what is on those donuts!!!!

Well, have lots to do tonight. I am taking my daughter to a bowling birthday party after work, and then my son and I are running out to the job site to see my husband. I think I have my 2 year course plan all mapped out. I hate it when 1/2 of my grad courses are only offered once a year!!

I am going to try to get a nice, hot bath in tonight. I need a little "Me" time.!

See you girls tomorrow!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 04:39 PM   #10  

Thanks for that graphic picture of the donut tray guys. I wont even think twice next time I pass it by!

Tonya-
I agree about the courses! Most of mine are offered once a year or once every time they can find a teacher to teach them! I have no idea what I am taking semester to semester and it makes me crazy!!! When will you finish up your program?
Closed Thread