Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #1  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Default Now what?

I'm finally FED UP. I'm too heavy. This 4'9" body cannot handle the 150lbs currently sitting on top of it. I feel like I'm wearing a weighted suit all.the.time. Even my asthma is getting bad (combo with allergies I'm sure). I was back on track. Doing well. Totally pumped and committed like never before. Determined to keep going every day. Then this week....I'm pregnant. I'm so very happy to be a mom but I practically get a panic attack thinking about the extra weight. Not only can I not lose now but I know I'm going to put on 15-20lbs. And well, I'm already in pain from the weight. It's my own fault. I knew we wanted a baby. So why the heck didn't I take care of this before??? Sheesh!! But here we are and now I just tell myself it's only a little while and since I already have good habits, hopefully I won't go overboard. After the baby is born, I'll get right back to it. It's very very early so we aren't telling anyone yet. Those who knew I was trying to lose weight will just think I gave up already.

I just feel like my happiness is diminished because I'm afraid of being so heavy and miserable. And then I feel guilty about that! Like, I shouldn't care.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

We also planned to give birth at home and I'm worried my weight could make that impossible (as in, could cause health concerns that make it impossible). I'll be really mad at myself if I ruin my chance of having my baby at home the way I had wanted.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Wow, okay, first of all congratulations!!!!!!!

If you are concerned about your weight, would it be possible for you to see a registered dietitian who specializes in pregnancy?

I'm not well versed in pregnancy and weight loss, but it's my understanding that you can definitely still exercise and of course eat healthy for yourself and the baby, so perhaps you may not be able to lose weight (and I do sympathize on that account) but it might be a great time to solidify the great habits you've been building and figure things out for when the baby comes!

All the best with your pregnancy! Take good care of yourself and try not to be too hard on yourself hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited by beautifulone; 04-13-2010 at 07:54 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #4  
Hug a Tree!

I don't know what a dietitian would tell me. Eating healthy isn't really a problem for me (it's eating too much). I aim for whole foods, chemical free, organics, free range, full fat (i don't do low fat), all that jazz. I'm not sure if there is really anything they could help me with right now.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 04-13-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

congrats with the pregnancy.

I would talk to your dr. about your concerns and go from there other then that I not sure what else to tell you except keep doing what you are doing eating healthy and exercising. good luck
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #6  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! I understand how you feel. I really wanted to get down to my PPW from baby #1 and then find I'm pg with #2. Try to be excited, even though you're a little disappointed in the timing. Pregnancy doesn't last forever (it doesn't even last for a year!) and then you can get right back on the horse, so to speak. Enjoy all of the wonderful things about being pregnant, it goes so, so fast. You will rock the weight loss after baby comes, right now take care of baby while he/she is inside!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #7  
Hug a Tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
congrats with the pregnancy.

I would talk to your dr. about your concerns and go from there other then that I not sure what else to tell you except keep doing what you are doing eating healthy and exercising. good luck
I'll talk to a midwife once I find one. Actually, I have to choose one and their perspective on nutrition may have a factor in which one I choose.