Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 405/175

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Need some motivation to get back on track

Help!! I had the flu last week and was home for a couple of days.
No--I did NOT eat much due to my stomach/digestive system not liking much but light stuff-toast, soup etc.

Right now, I am feeling a lot better but I feel less motivated to watch what I eat. I have been told I am diabetic-this is diet controlled right now..but I am not really following any type of diet. I know..I need to take charge and get going with this..but I love my sugary soda and candy. I have cut back some on the soda and candy.

Motivation is really low right now!! Work has been super busy and I feel like I need to take control of what I can control in my life which lately feels like not anything.

Living in Wisconsin-the weather has been changing..Before Easter we had 70-80 degree days and then went back to 30-40 degree days. Right now we are high 50s-low 60s. I am trying to get outside more because the office I work in was changed and I do not get a ton of sunshine like I did before.

I feel like I am still at my starting weight and am starting AGAIN!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me talk!!

Kathy
kath35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I just came back to this site a couple of weeks ago and it has helped me to stay motivated about what I am eating. I still occasionally eat something that I shouldn't, but I get right back on track. It's been hard this last week because I haven't lost any weight, but haven't gained any either. So, I'm thankful for that. I think that if you come here and post your weight and stay caught up with others then that will motivate you. I have to say that I am extremely proud that I have passed by the Baskins Robbins numerous times in the last 2 weeks. I love their nutty coconut ice cream and it has been really hard not to stop. I just keep on driving and try not to look toward the store when I pass by.

Last edited by lyv33; 04-15-2010 at 09:49 PM.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #3  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

can you find alternatives to those sweets you like..less calorie versions?

in place of sugary soda, a sweet version of crystal light, or a diet soda version of your favorite?

are there's lower calorie options of something sweet that you love? start with smaller portions if you aren't ready to totally give stuff up yet
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

kath - because in a crazy world, weight is something we own, and can control. Every hour on plan is an achievement to celebrate! Eating well and moving just feels good, and those successes will build on each other. Think back to how good it felt to be in the groove, and how unproductive it is to be sitting around wishing for better health. Action is the antidote for despair! Just jump back in with the good stuff, and set a mini goal to reward yourself for the first day, and the first week back. Hang in there!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kathy! How about some lowfat yogurt and a vrery ripe banana while you walk around outside during your 15 min breaks and lunch break. Low fat string cheese is portable. Fruit, veg. You can take them all with you while you walk. And you can walk even if the weather is cold. Just put on a hat and coat. Craving chocolate? There are hot chocolate packets with only 25 cals. Add a pinch of cinnamon...yummy. And some ff/sf whipped topping. It could go in a thermos you can drink from on your walk.

Also, perhaps a good multivitamin? After having the flu, your body is probably wishing for some vitamins. Couldn't hurt to add one to your nutritious food if you don't already. Broth or soup in a thermos?

Trying to think of things I would do if I had to be in an office most of the day. Definitely would want to spend break times outside.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #6  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Action is the antidote for despair!
I have got to write that down Becky!!!

Kath, hang in there. Take baby steps. And focus on the postive. Come here. It really does help to be around those who understand.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #7  

Well - I don't know if this is the best thing or not - but I got over my "sweets" issues by cutting-out all processed and artificial sweeteners.

So what do I do? I love food and sweets! I use all-natural maple syrup and other "natural" sweeteners, and I have one BIG cheat...

I have a bunch of cans of pineapple chunks or tidbits in their own juice in my fridge - I like a can after a meal or at night while watching TV - and eat it (and other chilled fruit) like ice cream.

It's not super low calorie. But it's better than no vitamins or fiber and is filling.

I also allow myself one naughty day a week. And I'm just not too hard on myself. Not any longer - anyway

Helped me over a huge hurdle.
ElizRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #8  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Most nights I save enough calories to have a bowl of low fat yogurt with chopped up fruit and a couple of drizzles of honey.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #9  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

I am a confirmed coke-a-holic, used to drink 1-2 liters a day easily. The first time I was on a weight loss plan that worked I made a rule that I had to drink at least 16oz of water before I could have 1 glass of soda. once I hit my water goal for the day I could have another glass of soda. currently I drink @ 8-16 oz of coke a day or less. the rest is water.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #10  
Mary1

S/C/G: 185/175/130

Height: 5'4

Hi Kathy, have you tried lo carb? The first 3 days are hard, but after that you lose your cravings. I have cut out all sugar, flour, pasta. This means no bread. I drink water and diet rite soda (it is made with splenda I cannot eat or drink aspertame b/c it gives me headaches). I eat any meat I want and as much as I want. Also, salad, but only with lo carb dressing, like ranch, caesar or blue cheese. The weight melts off quick, but this is a diet that you cannot cheat on. As soon as you eat carbs, the weight comes right back on and the hunger and cravings come back. Once you get to your goal weight, you can go on a maintenance diet, which allows carbs, but not much. I lose between 3 and 8 pounds per week. If you excercise you will lose more quickly. It is not a diet for everyone, but...especially being diabetic, a lo carb diet is good.
Some food items that I eat regularly are eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, chicken, steak, salad. My husband is a trucker and I ride with him, so I eat out everyday. Just remember, no potates, bread, or pasta.
Typical Day for me:
Bkfst... I egg, 2 strips of bacon, coffee with cream and splenda
Lunch...buffalo wings, celery and blue cheese, diet rite
Dinner... Fish, chicken or steak, veg broccoli, and salad, iced tea with splenda or water.
snacks can be slim jims, pork rinds, sugar free candy, (they have gotten better tasting over the years) I like dove raspberry chocolates.
Good luck in whatever you decide!!!
Mary1 is offline   Reply With Quote