Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Red face April 20 will be my 9 year "Rebirthday"..

I've not been on 3FC for quite a while, but my 9 year surgery anniversary (My "Rebirthday") is coming up on April 20, so my Weight Loss Surgery (lap. RNY) journey has been on my mind quite a bit.

I was 20 when I had surgery. 5'5 and 340 lbs, and miserable. I lost 185 lbs in the 3 years after surgery, then had major life changes, and got lazy. I regained 42 lbs over the past 5 years or so. In July 2009 I realized I was starting the scale slider at 200 lbs and praying it wouldn't balance...and I was horrified.

In the 9 months since, I have gone from 197lbs to 165...from pushing a size 18 to a size 12/10. I'm still 10 lbs heavier than I was when I met my husband, but I'm much more comfortable in my own skin now.

So, at 165lbs I am less than half the person I used to be...175 lbs lighter than I was almost 9 years ago. I wish I could tell that 20 year old that she could feel like I do now...shop in regular stores, fit in something smaller than an XL...

Surgery saved my life, and changed it forever. It is NOT an easy option, and it is not the best option for everyone..but for me, I have no regrets. It was the best (and hardest) thing I've ever done.

~Kat
Katarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #2  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Good for you! Congrats on your sustained success!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations, Katarina! I just had lap. RNY 12 days ago. It's good to hear about a success from 9 years ago and still going!!! Thank you!!
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

What an inspiring story...Thanks so much for sharing! It's great to hear that even after 9 years and a small, but understandably difficult, weight gain, you found the courage and self esteem to fight to keep you health.

Thanks again for giving me, and those reading this, hope!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote