Old 09-09-2002, 01:45 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Red face Monday *YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

Morning girls its just me again Sayin hi at the arse crack of dawn
oh and btw EDIETS is not what i thought it would be
very commercial
anyway I'm just doing my own thing at the mo still trying to kick this virus
tommorrow is a long day i have 9 hours of class with only an hour break 11:30 - 9:10 pm
sooo I' m scootin my buns off to bed
Jen so glad things are well if insane I feel your pain honey bun

I'm thinking big breakfast tommorrow( scrambled eggs and toast) and a baked potato at a late lunch around 4 and if i'm hungry when i get home a protien shake or a chicken leg for dinner and WATER!!!! and ofcourse Coffee
anyway my darlings I should be back in the AM 7 am is coming soon
LOve
Kier
Old 09-09-2002, 08:01 AM   #2  

That is a long day of classes Kier!

I got to work at 7am and will leave around 3pm to run home, let the dog out, eat a little something, and then head downtown to class. Class is 5:30-8:30! I am taking a chemical engineering course this semester and I do not have the prerequisites, so I am anxious to see how hard it is going to be! Thankfully I have worked in the industry for a little over 6 years, so hopefully my practical experience will help.

I am having a good "on plan" week so far. My week starts on Saturday after weigh in. So two good days down, and 5 to go!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-09-2002, 08:37 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Kier, you gotta get better! This has been dragging on for you, and I'd hate to see you fighting it all semester. Promise me you'll get some good uninterrupted night's sleep of at least 9-10 hours this week, ok? I hate to mom out on you, but I remember being in school and not having time to take care of my health because classes (and partying, to be honest) kept me so busy. So I'm just going to step in and take care of you, here. Hope you make it through your long day of classes!

Marcie, you also seem to have a long day coming up. My stepfather-in-law is a chemical engineer, and he teaches classes down in New Orleans. It can't be too hard, if he can do it. You'll do great...you couldn't have gotten your first degree if you didn't know how to apply yourself and learn new things, so you'll do just great.

Speaking of which I'll be back in school part time next semester. I was hired for my new job on waivers, meaning I have to get another degree in early childhood, because right now I"m only certified to each elementary. That should be fun, though, I love ed classes. Thank God that all the gen eds are at least out of the way, because those are the buggers that wreck my GPA.

I planned out my whole week's eating already, and I'm SO sticking to it. I will be seeing lots of family in a few weeks, so I gotta look good. Not to mention I have a fancy schmancy little black dress wedding coming up in October, so I am determined to be a skinny minny for that. My cousin is marrying a girl from a very wealthy family (old money, well known family name in social circles in Milwaukee, the kind of people always on the society page in the paper). But she seems very nice, so I can't wait for the wedding. It's on a lake, and the reception includes a separate party for children with a meal and everything downstairs, followed up by a brunch the next morning. I'll have to let you all know what it was like to live high on the hog for a weekend.

Aaron and I have our Mommy and Me class this morning, taught by two of my new coworkers. It will be nice to be on this side of the class before I begin teaching it tomorrow, with the three year olds and their mommies.

Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day...later!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:04 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm back!

no need to pinch yourselves, i'm here! it's been extra hectic at work these past few weeks (with people off on holidays) so i've not been able to post. sniff.
so you'll have to excuse me as i try to catch up with what's going on. hi to anyone i've not met yet and hello to everyone else!
i'm afraid you'll only get me for a few days as i'm off to Sicily on saturday morning (i have to be at the airport by 5am!). i can't wait!! 2 weeks of sunshine, sandy beaches, some volcanoes (!) and lots of italian food. yum. i've tried to be extra good in advance but without much success (too many parties). fingers crossed i go easy on the gelati when i'm there (sicily is meant to have the best ice cream in italy). not to mention the pizzas, pasta, panninis etc etc!!
so what is everyone else up to?
hope you feel better soon kierie. hi marcie and jayne.
time to surf the web and find somewhere to stay in sicily!! any of you guys been there?
Kirsty
ps off to skim some old posts. but if i have missed something crucially exciting or important - tell me!!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:25 AM   #5  

Kirsty-
Hope you have a wonderful time in Sicily! It the trip stictly for pleasure? I am sooo jealous! I LOVE to travel and have never been there.

Jayne-
It sounds like it is going to be a beautiful wedding and reception. I bet you are in for a really nice time!!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:07 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kier - I didn't like ediets either.

Jibbelle - I dont' think we've met...how are you.

Jayne - that's great you're a planning machine. I am in DIRE need of doing the same... read below.... I'm freaking out!!!

Kirsty - Sicily??? I'm so jealous... you get to do so much travelling!!!

Hi Girls.

Alaska was great. I really enjoyed myself… although, this morning, that isn’t what is on my mind. Okay. So I decided to go on the pill. I’ve heard how some people gain weight, although most of my friends say they didn’t. I know it’s all water retention anyway. Well, so I go on the pill. I was 137 when I went on it. Anyway, this week I noticed that my rings that fit before I ever lost ANY weight didn’t fit on any of my fingers. Before I lost weight I had two rings, one on my right ring finger and one on my right middle finger. As I have lost weight I had to shift the rings to my index and middle finger so that they would fit. This week, my rings didn’t fit on ANY of my fingers. My fingers were so swollen they hurt. I had the fattest fingers ever. Then yesterday, I took off my socks and had a ring around my ankle from the socks. That never happens to me. They were so tight, that like an hour after I took my socks off, my ankles still had the marks from the sox on them. I’m definitely bloated and retaining water. Anyway, I went to the gym to work out… and jumped on the scale. I weighed 145!!!!!! I gained 8 pounds in 9 days??????? That seems impossible… even if it is water. But I’m still freaking out. I have to weigh in tomorrow and I’m so scared. My gyn said that the side effects will subside after I’ve been on the pill for about 3 months. 3 months???? Will I still lose weight? I’m pretty upset. This morning the swelling seemed to have gone down, but I jumped on the scale and still weighed 143.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:36 AM   #7  

What pill are you taking? I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen and I never had a problem like that when I started taking them. I was, however, a bit nauseated from them at first.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:37 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

lisa - that sounds awful. i hope it's only a temporary thing. i'm sure if you explain to your leader she'll understand. maybe she will let you weigh in but not write it down officially this week? you should ask lori what she thinks (our resident doctor!). i know one thing you should try and do if you're retaining water is to drink more water (believe it or not). certain foods are meant to help as well - anyone know any more?
but don't panic. if you're really miserable on the pill maybe it's not the right one for you and you should ask your gyn to put you on a different brand. it can take a few goes to find the one that suits you best.
sicily trip is strictly for pleasure (just me and BF, i hope our little adopted kitty copes without us). this month is going to be great because 4 days after i get back i have to go to Venice with my mum and sister for a long weekend (present for my mum's 60th). and then i've got a week up in scotland since it's my niece's first birthday (bless) and i want to catch up with mates from edinburgh. 4 days of work in a month. nice!!
but i hate to think how much weight i will have put on by mid-october!!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:47 AM   #9  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Can't chat right now ... but wanted to say Hi!!!

I'm off to shower & my sons school to deliver the birthday cupcakes (as they sit in my truck melting!)

I'll read through & talk later!

Later gators!
Old 09-09-2002, 11:18 AM   #10  

Kirsty,
I just noticed that you are from the UK. The $$$$ were adding up as I was thinking about all the flights from the US to Europe! LOL Now I get it.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:25 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

yes, it's slightly cheaper from here! sadly not that much. ah well, it'll be worth it. the question is can i be healthy for the next 5 days so i feel more bikini confident? fingers crossed. tonight i'm planning on steamed salmon fillet with lots of veggies and some couscous. feeling hungry already!
ooh - i got my picture taken with brian may (queen) last week! he was at an awards show that my friend got me tickets for. my friends and i all got very tipsy on the free champagne and took lots of pics of us with the celebs! most entertaining.
hi deb!
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 09-09-2002 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:02 PM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

hope this works. here's the pic with brian may. i'm between brian and the old guy (tv presenter called patrick moore who presents the longest running show in british tv - the sky at night. it's been going for 40+ years now i think!). apologies for poor quality. the person who took it was rather drunk!
Old 09-09-2002, 01:45 PM   #13  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Wow, Kirsty...rubbing elbows with such celebrities! I'm surprised you want to slum over here when you have such star-attracting power. Your vacation plans sound wonderful. I bet you won't gain a whole lot of weight, either. You've been maintaining long enough that you know by now what you can get away with and what you can't, and you'll do lots of hiking and walking and biking on your trips to compensate for extra calories.

Deb, you got me stuck on cupcakes! I had to go make one of those WW cakes with the mix and diet soda. It's in the oven now, so I'll let you all know if it hits the spot.

Lisa, remember that your scale isn't calibrated like the WW ones are and if it just sat for a week with no one using it, it probably isn't dead on accurate right now. Another things is, it's nearly impossible to gain 8 real pounds in nine days, so you know that the majority of that is water weight. I have tried the pill and can't handle it because of the side effects ( lots of morning sickness, tons of weight gain and bloating and water retention, being a crabby ***** from **** to my family) so now I do a diaphragm. On the pill, though, you will gain weight more easily than before ( just what you wanted, right?) because of the horomones, so have you thought about something that might be a better option for you? I don't know if the new shots and patches have the same side effects or not, but they do have pills that are mini-doses of horomones so that it's not as likely to cause all the side effects, and the risk of getting pregnant is only very slightly higher than with the regular pill. Think about other options, though, if you can't stand the thought of three months of no rings. I'm glad your vacation was fun...I can't wait to hear all about it!

I am hearing my dryer buzz, so I better get in there and do some folding and hanging. Have a great afternoon, all!
Old 09-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Sleepy time ... the weekend rush of working has now hit me. It's probably because I'm sitting here @ the computer, not running around from place to place, thinking about what to do next.

Guys I need help. My eating is out of control. I've recommitted (again) starting today, and I need 1 good week, 1 good DAY - at a time. It's not easy. Someone who's never had a weight problem would never understand what we go through sometimes. I'm tired of the yo-yo. I'm tired of the self-defeat game. I need to make this a PERMANENT life change. Why can't I just do it?

Kier - thanks for starting the thread! It certainly does sound like you've got a long day. Remember to rest!!! You need to get healthy.

Marcie - Way to go at weigh in!!! I didn't go to my meeting on Sunday AM. I stayed up after working till 5 AM drinking. *hiccup* TOM also happened that same day, so I guess it's a good thing too. I will try to make a meeting sometime this week @ the same center, same time - just different day.
Chemical engineering - WOW! I'm impressed to say the least!

Jayne - Hope the cupcakes turned out yummy. Good luck @ work this week. Very good w/ the preplanning. I'm getting into the groove of that. It's the weekends @ work that kill me. With best intentions I try to stay OP - and then I get tired & just want to eat all the gourmet food being served and falter. Sounds like that October you're going to is on the same level of clientel that I deal with. You will look SMASHING in that dress!

Welcome back, Kirsty! You traveling fool, you. Have a MARVELOUS time in Sicily. My girlfriend just got back from 1 month in Italy. She has family there & a home so they usually spend time in the summer there. I'm jealous!
Your kitties sure are going to get loney! I'm sure you'll be in your bikini w/ no worries.

Laura - Maybe you should check out the low dosage BC. The BC patch looks interesting also. I'm avoiding BC for the weight gain/bloat issue myself. I can understand your being upset, but your body will balance out. Keep drinking water. Water in = water out. You can also eat naturally diuretic foods - watermelon, tomatoes, lemon, strawberries, etc - that help you get rid of the water.

PS - Kirsty that was a great pic w/ Brian May!
Jayne is wining & dining w/ the elite in October & Kirsty is hanging out w/ rock stars.

Old 09-09-2002, 04:45 PM   #15  

Hi girls...

I am here, just scanning the posts, busy with work, home building, and figuring out my fanancial aid for my spring semester of grad school. busy....busy....

Lisa ~ I would talk to your doctor, there are hundreds of different kinds of BC pills all having different effects (I have been on several, have had severe PMS, been on them since age 13). Deb, I agree, the patch looks very interesting! I took the easy way out, after the birth of my second (and last) child. I got the IUD implanted, it is good for 10 years, and besides a little extra bleeding during TOM, there are NO side effects. No pills to remember to take anymore, Yee, Haw!!

Kirsty ~ Welcome back, we missed you. I am so jealous that you are going to Italy!! Kiss a hunky Italian man for me....

Hi Jen ~ Don't let school kill ya!!

Hi Jen, Laura, Jayne, Marcie, Ali, Belle, Becky, Wintergirl, Cat, and all that I have forgotten!!

Well, better get back to work, have to get done so that I can take Hayley to get her friends' birthday present after school, she is going to a bowling birthday party tomorrow after school...should be fun!!

Later!

p.s. eating hasn't been very good with all the running around with the house building and such we have been doing, but I will get back into it, I promise!!!
Closed Thread