Old 04-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #1  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Default Morning sugars! UGH!

I need a lil venting....

even with watching what i'm eating and exercising my morning sugars have been high! I haven't had anything lower than 130 and they have been as high as 160. I dont knwo what else I'll need to do. Do you any of you have suggestions? I see my doctor in a couple of weeks.

I"m just frustrated....maybe I need to adjust my MG of metformin.

Thanks for reading!
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

What/when do you eat before bed time?

What about taking a cup of green tea at bed time to help bring it down?

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #3  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

oh i've never thought of that. I dont eat right before bed but there have been nights where i do have something sweet after dinner and maybe should have something earlier in the day...if i'm going to have something.

Thanks for the advice!
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I am losing weight on MRC plan. Low Sodium, No Sugar, Low Fat, Low Carbs, High Protein. Since beginning this plan, my last A1C was at 6.0 and all blood work shows normal. I still am taking metformin, but believe I am on my way to reversing my type 2 diabetes. Perhaps you should try a new plan that totally eliminates all sugar from your diet. I know this is not consistent with what they teach us when we find out we have this, but I have come to believe that what they teach us doesn't consider the possibility that we CAN INDEED REVERSE our diabetes if we hit it with everything we can. All the best!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have eliminated all sugar from my diet and eat mainly whole grains. Give it a try. Please do not mess with your Metformin until you have checked with your doctor.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

High morning sugars are often a result of hormones your body releases overnight to keep your glucose level level. If you are eating low carb, the numbers may eventually creep down. Mine are sometimes below 100 now, but it took me a while for it. And I'm pre-D, not full-blown, so it may have been easier for me to manage.

I'd suggest you try some of the ideas here, and see how they affect your morning numbers. A little carb snack before bed does it for some people. A little protein does it for others. A glass of wine with dinner the night before seems to help some people (the liver focuses more on the alcohol than the glucose), but I wouldn't recommend that if you have problems with alcohol.

We can manage our diabetes with diet, exercise, and sometimes medication. I disagree that we can ever truly reverse it. Even with really good, really low numbers, for a long time, if I then eat a piece of cake, my BG will skyrocket just like it used to. That's not reversal. But we certainly can manage our disease. We have SO much more knowledge and so many more tools at our disposal than we had even a generation ago. And more every day.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote