Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 09:07 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of September 08

Good Morining Ladies. Peanut has me up early because I have to pee all the time!! (See, I'm getting better about this!) I also got some sleep last night and that helps. My allergies and sinuses have been VERY bad and, of course, I stopped all meds. My eyeballs feel like they are going to pop outta my head! I've lost 7 1/2 pounds in the past two weeks. I hope that is OK with Peanut. RR/Lauren?

LA: Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. You must have worked that bagel off!!

DH is starving so I gotta go try to make breakfast. The smell of cooking food makes me nauseated. I don't throw up, just feel yucky. We are supposed to go out to dinner tonight with DH's boss. Just thinking about it is making me queasy!!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:33 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!

Karen-I dont know your pre-preg weight but loosing is ok if U had a little extra there...I was about 8 lbs over my weight range after the last pg, soo I have gained every time...I am up 8 lbs but sure it will be at least 5 more this month..She thinks I should be up at least 15-20 now that I am 6 1/2 months but never fusses!!!I was up last night peeing also...We should chat!!! Ms Priss sits on the bladder and rolls around and jumps on it all night when I try to sleep on my left side like U R suppose to, so I just have to give in and sleep on the right side and she rests...The nausea-really bad for me in the evenings from the 3rd week until the 14th week...Maybe the difference in boy and girl babies???????Do U have any other children?????Congrats!!!!!

I took the S-Kids to the water park all day yesterday..With that Tropical Depression visiting in the Gulf, the weather was nice and cool..No sun at all...I was pooped after 8 hrs though..SD #1 was angry cuz I refused to do any slides...HELLO--WITH THIS ROUND STOMACH OF MINE?????She thought I was being mean....I told DH that this was the last weekend to wear a non-pg swim suit though cuz the sides were bucking the seams!!!!*L*

WEll, must go have my favorite Cream of Wheat!!!!!Hello all!!!!
Vicki
Old 09-08-2002, 12:09 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- My thing the past few days has been my tailbone. Actually, it's not quite, it's just to the left, and sometimes down the back of my left leg, really painful, hurts to go from sitting to standing, and turning in bed is hard too. Is that something in particular, or just where he's sitting? Although he doesn't sit still very long!! Still only feeling flutters, most of the time, but when I use my hands, I can feel where he is. Tried some Blue Stuff (like Mineral Ice) last night, but it didn't do anything.

Karen- So I see you're adjusting...he's got a name already...Peanut?! The peeing all the time didn't start for me until probably the start of the second trimester!! I seem to be getting symptoms later than most of the people I've talked to! I'm not complaining! Do believe it when they say to eat crackers, or something bland like that in bed, before you get up! If you have OJ first thing, you may wanna skip that for awhile, the acid bothered me. If crackers don't do it for you, try cheerios, they're fairly bland. Don't worry about the 7 1/2 lbs. You're starting out plus sized, and if you can't keep stuff down...or even fathom eating it, then you're gonna lose. Just try to eat whatever sounds good at the moment, don't worry too much about whether it's good for you or not. Once you start feeling better, you can worry about eating better! How is DH doing?? Hopefully he'll be sympathetic to your needs and eat what you can, or cook his own!

I was supposed to go to the mall on the Great Bra Search with a friend today, but she can't go now. Asked DH if he wanted to go to Babies R Us, but he got cranky, so I said fine, do your thing. Maybe I will go myself and start registering!! I did start online!

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-08-2002, 03:16 PM   #4  

hello all.

I do love football season. I'm ready for it to cool off though and seem like fall.

The Swarzbein Principle book I'm reading is very interesting. I haven't really been following it yet because I don't know how to yet. But I definitely intrigued.

We tried the paint samples we bought on a few walls to see if we like the color - and I love it. I'm so excited to get the house painted. Going to get estimates this week.

Lauren - yes I was talking about candy orange slices. Always been a favorite of mine.

LA - sounds like you really enjoyed the concert!

Karen - CONGRATU LATIONS!

RR - a water park sounds fun.

Have a terrific week everyone.

Rabbit

On my way to SLIM
Old 09-09-2002, 08:53 AM   #5  

Hello girls!
I had a really slow start this Monday mo as I went to bed yesterday at about 3 am. This because, over a nightcap, I was watching the finals of the world basketball championships between Argentina and Yugoslavia (and did my nails in between hopping up and down on the sofa). This was such a good game, only in extra time did the Yugoslavs win. I then had to call my friends in Belgrade to congrat them, but most of them were out having a party on the streets... My dad left this weekend, so that was kinda sad, my gran cried a lot, but settled down afterwards. I had a very nice day yesterday: I have an English friend who must be at least as crazy as I am, because we decided to go windowshopping in the center of Athens. Here we have no malls, so this was quite an undertake. We had some breaks (went to visit my other gran, who's 96 but pretending to be 69), and a nice coffeebreak in the roof garden of a large hotel while it was raining cats and dogs for 1 1/2 hours, thunder and all, and then we went home again after shopping from illegal chinese and iranian street vendors (jeans for 5$, frilly shirts for 2$). We both like walking, so we did everything on foot and then went walking on home. We left 12.00 from home and arrived 20.00, dragging our feet. We must have walked almost 10 miles or so in between (!!!), so the day was well spent! after that, a hot bath and foot massage and THE GAME. Today, it's been as though it's written on my forehead: "almost" free woman. I've been called for coffeedates twice today, once by an Italian chef (in view of food, DANGEROUS!) and once by an old friend who happens to be nice company and attractive into the bargain. Schedule (up to now for this week: Monday evening: coffee with Roberto the Italian chef, Tuesday evening, field hockey training (That's you question answered Rabbitand RR, ice melts really fast here most of the time, so ice hockey would be a nogo), Wednesday evening Coffee (ok, maybe a drink) with Dimitri, Th and Fri: who knows????
Karen, I'm sorry and happy for you at the same time. I'm not married so I really wouldn't have known what to do if I were PG! I've always been careful, too, and I feel very ambiguous about AB for non-med reasons. Do you have more kids (can't remember if you told me since I joined the thread)? At least everyone reacts positively, that's half of it! hang in there! Hope the nausea goes away fast!

Lauren, never let a Boss from **** bring you down, imagine her in the morning with stinky breath, hair messed up, all smelly and with wrinkled old underwear, and bleary eyed. She looks like this EVERY day...

LA, seems you are having a better time already, glad you had such a wonderful time at the concert, I haven't been to a REAL concert for years! Keep on going like this! B good with the Food Plan, you're doing it for you! How settling in going in the new hood anyway?

This for now, boss is around....

Love to all

GG with-stumpy-but-sturdy-little-treetrunk-leggies-that do GOOD work!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 08:56 AM   #6  

oops, sorry for the book...
Old 09-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  

hi all. Happy Monday.

I'm so excited about the painting - have a few appt. the next few days with painters. One of them sounds really great.

Tomorrow I'm treating myself to a facial and a pedicure. Excited about that also.

I'm working on having more balanced meals as the book I'm reading suggests. And now that I'm letting myself eat protein more often, I'm finding that I stay full longer. Hmmm . . .

Greek - loved your book! Sounds like you had a very interesting day AND an interesting week coming up.

have a great week girls!

Rabbit
513.743 miles

On my way to SLIM!

Last edited by Rabbit; 09-09-2002 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:44 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. I went to Curves even though I was *SO* tired after work and it really helps. I was not as tired when I got home. I even made and ate dinner with no problems. Of course, in an hour from now it may be a different story!! (it was the only one with a green face!!)

DH was able to discuss baby names last night, his choice of topic not mine. I told him I was no where ready to think about that yet!!

GG: Sounds like you have an interesting schedule coming up. Hope you have lots of fun.

Lauren: Thanks for the contact info. I'm booked through the 21st. If your available then let me know and I will give you a call to arrange stuff.

Going to hit the showers now, have a great evening.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #9  
Donna

Happy Monday All -

I wish sweating really did nock off pounds, because I must have sweated a gallon today!! It is not supposed to be 90+ in Sept in Michigan !!!!! Anyway, I'm home and I'm tired and I don't feel like cooking, so I'm not sure what we're having for dinner when K gets home later .

GG - I don't need to post my journal here I know what the problem is: too much vino not enough veggies and exercise. Your week sounds like fun, enjoy it .

Karen - Glad you're getting used to the idea of being PG. Hope the morning sickness goes away soon. Also before peanut arrives make sure you get your puppy used to baby cries. Ours panic when my new nephew starts crying, and Sat. one started to 'grab for' his foot, luckily K was with him and stopped him. I know my sister went to a class about it while she was pg.

LBH - glad you sounded better. I think GG's idea on the boss issue sounds great!

RR - there is nothing wrong with being a Wings fan, and since I played IM hockey in college I can safely say there is nothing wrong with being a girl hockey player. Actually I'd like to play again if I can ever get my happy in shape.

Rabbit - Sounds like you're getting back on track. Orange slices are yummy, they're one of my favorites also!!!

LA - There are good ones out there somewhere I'm sure, what I've seen is when you're not looking they show up. Glad you enjoyed your concert.

Well, I'm gonna go put my feet up so they'll stop swelling (love being on them all day )

- Tech
Old 09-10-2002, 03:05 AM   #10  

pooh! the date went flat. I went to pick him up from work (60 yard long sailing yacht), but his boss (really stinky rich greek, nice though) had guests. Went for 1 drink with another friend to Plaka, touristy area, very nice (little fake "traditional" but it's got a view of the Acropolis, and after all, that's what I came here to live for). Did not make the gym. Got home at 01.00, found the place smelling of bacon and commented on it. That was our exiting conversation with BF for the whole day exept for saying Good afternoon when I happened to cross him outside the apt. yesterday after work. Have to get the courage together to REALLY say what I've been putting off so long, OUCH!

The booze was bad quality. Have a slight hangover today although I had only 1 (they distill it in Albania or Bulgaria or smt then import it illegally, so it's really cheap, then put it in bottles with genuine labels, and you don't notice it when you drink it, but afterwards you DO). O well, today's another day, have hockeytraining and will go out with one of the nicest people I know that's not family (a bit like a father).

The saga continues....

Love to all, hang in there Tech!

Vassiliki
Old 09-10-2002, 03:07 AM   #11  

Karen, I keep forgetting to ask: what is Curves? we don't have it here...
Old 09-10-2002, 05:04 AM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Goor morning!!!

GG--It is soo funny to read your posts...I wish U could take us all out for a night on the town in Greece....Keep dating..there is a Mr Right around the corner from U!!!!

Well..off to the MD today..Hate the weigh in part...Not like WW when U expected a loss..There is always a gain!!!!Chat later..Have a great day!!!
RR
Old 09-10-2002, 05:59 AM   #13  

Thanx RR! Maybe that'll happen one day, you never know!

By the way, girls, whoever is interested in the glycemic index, there is a link to the full complete medically ok version (free!!!!!!) on www.stumptuous.com, you can download it on excel, it's under IRON, then go to EATING, under carbs somewhere. Check the site, too, there's lots to read and see, even if you don't do or even like weights training. The nutrition part is VERY good!

mwah to all again, as you can see it's a slow day....
Old 09-10-2002, 07:57 AM   #14  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

I'm still avoiding the scale because I've just been terrible lately but I'm getting slowly back on track - and so's my husband thankfully. We both "feed" off each other so to speak so if we let each other we can both just fall apart. I was feeling so fat yesterday but it's also that TOM so maybe that has something to do with it. I know I just need a few good days to feel like my old self again so I'm sticking with it. I really need to drink my water again, that seemed to really help.

GG - I hope thinks work out with the BF, at least work out however you want it to. I've been to Europe and I know what you mean about that cheaper liquor - they fool you with the labels but I should have known because of how cheap it was.

Tech - it's also been so hot here too but it's supposed to change drastically overnight and get to "normal" which I think is about 70 to 75. I know that is much more pleasant but it also means fall is coming, which means winter is coming - which I hate!

Karen - I'm glad you and your husband are coming around. My husband isn't really into the kids thing either but I'm still hoping he'll change his mind. It's nice that he wanted to talk about names but I also think it's a bit early. That's just me, I'm very superstitious (sp?) about that. Good Luck and I hope you're feeling okay.

Rabbit - a facial and a pedicure - what a great day!!

LA - saw your post about Rick Springfield - I loved him. Saw him in concert I think 3 times when I was around 13 or 14!! I had such a crush on him - still have his album and ticket stubs somewhere and still know all the words to "Jessie's Girl"!!!

Have a great day!
Elisa
Old 09-10-2002, 08:44 AM   #15  

Good morning,
Man, I'm glad yesterday is over. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was in the worst mood I've ever been in (I tried to drown my sorrows in a giant strawberry daquiri but it didn't work). Then I warned DH to stay clear and he only made things worse. Now I'm so mad at him. Part of my birthday present was that he was going to take me to St. Pete for a weekend and stay at a nice hotel on the beach - a nice fun romantic weekend getaway. We were also going to spend a day at Busch Gardens. I've been begging to go there for years. A few weeks ago he invited his mom, stepdad and the two grandchildren they are taking care of (8 & 10 years old). I said that's fine I don't mind but I want to spend the day at BG alone with you so we can do our own thing. Last night he had his mom on the phone and was telling her that we are taking the kids with us to the theme park while they stay at the hotel and chill. I got really upset because this was supposed to be "my day" and the kids are kind of high maintenance and DH acts like a drill instructor when we are watching them so I saw our day being spent with the kids saying "I want to go here, I want to go there" meanwhile DH yelling at them the whole time. So I freaked and told him I didn't want them to go with us so he tells his mom "I'm sorry you'll have to tell the kids my wife is selfish and doesn't want to take them". Needless to say I'm still not talking to him and now I don't want to go at all cuz I feel like a #$%@&. He's totally ruined it for me. Why do men have to be so clueless?????????

Okay, sorry about that ranting but I needed to unload -- thank you!!

Today is going much better. I had my 2nd meeting with the PT and we went over my weight training plan for the next 4-6 weeks. On Mon, Wed & Fri she has me doing 45 min medium intensity cardio and then one set of 25 reps of 10 exercises with weights (five lower & five upper). Tues & Thurs I'm doing 20 min intense cardio and 3 sets of 8 of the same 10 exercises. I was always told never to do weights on consecutive days but she says that since I'm not working them to complete exhaustion it's okay. After 4-6 weeks she's going to give me all new exercises. At this point I'm willing to do whatever she tells me and we'll see if it works. She's my age, really cute, in great shape, and the supervisor at our gym so I trust her. What have I got to lose!!!

We also took my measurements and fat caliper tests again and since January there was an overall loss and she was happy with the progress I'm making. Now when is my fat butt going to fit into those size 10 jeans??? That's what I want to know!!!!

Oh well...gotta get some work done.
Liz

"You're never stuck unless you choose to be"
Closed Thread