Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:239/CW:211/GW:160

Height: 5'7

Default Boys Boys Boys

So, I've been on a mission to lose weight since the start of the year and I have lost 32 lbs! :-D!!! I started at 240, size 18, and am currently 208, size 14. So.. on Thursday I went to the bar with a few of my friends, I'll admit I did get super drunk , but I was really just having a good time! Well I was getting so much attention from all these boys! I made out with six different boys that night! This is NOT okay. There was one point in the night where my friend wanted to leave and I was saying " please don't make me leave, I'm so pretty right now". I hate that this happened. I mean I've been to bars before and not a single boy would even look at me and I was okay with that. I am still a size 14, I don't wanna turn into some mega slut as I lose more weight!! I also dont want to thrive off of horny twenty something male attention. Im just curious if you ladies have been in similar situations and how you've dealt with it?
Caityyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

If you're more careful with your drinking you probably won't have as much of a problem...

Sorry, this is just bringing up bad memories for me. Getting incredibly drunk, having some ******* try and take advantage of me...yeahh.

I just started to be a lot more careful with my drinking: Of course it's natural and common for people our age to drink, and you won't turn into a slut (unless you want to ) but you should be careful.
Weight loss = More Confidence, More attractive physique = A heck of a lot more male attention. Combine that with alchohol, and you've got a hazy situation where judgement is impaired significantly.

So (to repeat myself for the 20th time) just be careful.

Hahah, sorry, that was a bit of a ramble.

Last edited by summerlove; 04-05-2010 at 11:51 PM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #3  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I know what you mean. I have lost 90lbs and actually have always had some sort of attention but not nearly as much as I do now. I don't really go to bars, and I do have a boyfriend, but Its defiantly hard not to like the attention. I just set boundaries with myself.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Don't beat yourself up over what happened. A few years ago that was a regular nght out for me - only I may or may not have been drunk. I once made out with half a Irish Rugby team. It's natural to be flattered and relishing in the attention. I certainly did & still do. While I'm now in a long term relationship, who started as a make out boy in a bar by the way, I no longer make out with guys but I do still do enjoy the attention and the free drinks!

Enjoy it but learn to set boundries with yourself. As you get more comfortable with yourself you'll naturally cut out some of this stuff. So enjoy it, were only in our twenties have fun, but do it in moderation.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:32 AM   #5  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

well i agree that its up to you whether that will keep happening, but to answer your question- no haha nothing like that has EVER happened to me

i'm 25 years old and have never had a boyfrieng. allow me to hide.... now
IcassiopeiaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

hehehe... that brings back memories of a little game we liked to play called "pash and dash" :P

Been there though and I learnt that I must have limits when it comes to alcohol because I am a very friendly, very touchy feely drunk who just lurves the men. So i don't drink much and I dont go beyond being tipsy now.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #7  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

aww haha don't worry, you were aware of the problem which is this first step! enjoy the attention & just try to remember moderation.
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Been there, done that. I can only speak for myself....when I used to drink (notice USED to) I got into a lot of trouble with boys. I had no self-control whatsoever! That's me though. I agree, we're in our twenties, have fun! But, be careful! Alcohol brought out a side of me that was VERY touchy feeling and receptive to male attention. But I also didn't know when to stop drinking. (just like now, I have trouble figuring out when to stop eating!) Enjoy yourself, love yourself, and you'll be just fine.
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I want to add, if you feel you can't control yourself with boys but don't really want to stop drinking, just make sure you have a pact with your girlfriends to never leave the bar without each other. I would make out with several boys, and occasionally give them my number, but I never ever left the bar with them. I always went home with my friends.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Making out with half an Irish Rugby team sound FANTASTIC. Buuuuut.... just be careful. I have been getting a little more attention too... its a novelty but I understand that the attention is not REALLY why I am losing weight and getting in shape.
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #11  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

oh man have i had my drunken nights. i have really really bad control with drinking and have too many bad stories (some that I had to be told the next day) of when I was drunk. I suggest learning how to moderate your drinking AND be careful who you surround yourself with. If you are at a bar and there's guys either don't drink or only drink enough to bet tipsy, once you feel tipsy STOP! and even not at bars, at parties or wherever just look whos there and let that decide how much you'll drink.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I think one of the things that can happen when people lose weight is that they still have low self-esteem, so attention from guys can validate them in a funny way. I know that when I was at my lowest weight, I would do a lot of kissing and drinking because I was just shocked that anybody was interested in me at all!

A good thing to remember - and what I tell myself - is that these guys have no idea what you used to weigh, and it's okay to play hard to get. Be picky, because you look good!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #13  
Watch Me Shrink!

S/C/G: 168/159/135

Height: 5'2

Realize that those men wanting you isn't what's so great, you're what's so great. You've got to get to the point where you see yourself as just as beautiful as everyone else. You're special which means everybody can't just put their hands and mouth on you and you've got to realize that.

Last edited by SlimBy2011; 07-18-2010 at 01:24 AM.
SlimBy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Making out with half an Irish Rugby team?!? RAWR that sounds like something to write home about. I was traveling Scotland solo when I ran into some Irish Football (i.e., soccer) team players who invited me to join their party at a pub. I avoided drink like the plague that night b/c while I knew I would stop at one team member, I knew I would NOT stop at just making out if I was drinking.

On a serious note, try to have a friend with you who won't let you leave without him/her at the end of the night. That has been a lifesiver for me on a few occassions.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #15  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Ok, so I am going to be honest with you - I think you are actually proud of what you did and are boasting about it just a little ... I think you are definitely okay with it, why else would you include such particulars?!? And I am not necessarily saying it is a bad thing, if that is you and what you want to do than good on ya!

If you were upset or even regretful about the said event you would have had enough sense to just say "maybe I shouldn't drink so much anymore, I know better and it's not what I want to be doing" instead of sharing it online.

Perhaps you should stop drinking... if that's not the direction you want your future nights out to head in ...
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote