South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/135/130

Height: 5" 1'

Default back again...

Hi all,

I have been looking at this site for the past couple weeks and finally officially joined.

Back in 2007, I lost about 25 pounds on south beach before getting married. After my wedding in 2007, I gradually put the pounds back on, but I am determined this time to make a life change. And, I also want to lose more this time to get myself to a weight that I am actually comfortable with and one that is healthy. Since restarting South Beach a little over a month ago, I have lost 14 pounds, which is definitely a good start, but I have a ways to go before I need to work on finding a way maintaining the weight loss, rather than just losing it. I think where I went wrong the last time was never really doing Ph 3, and just going completely off the plan once the wedding was over and done with. So, I would love to hear anyone's advice on how to maintain the weight loss once you actually achieve your goal.

Anyway, I am happy to have found my way back and to have made some progress. I didn't know about this site before and it looks like a great support community. I'm happy to now be part of it!

Last edited by alevi05; 04-05-2010 at 07:49 PM.
alevi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Alevi05. Glad you decided to start posting. Seems that you are off to a great start!

I would love to hear advice about maintaining on SB too, since I have reached goal with it twice before and regained. I have gone to the 3fc maintainers area but would really like something geared towards SB. I would love to learn more about how chicks handle the redline thing. This time around, I think I need to commit to returning to PH1 if I gain a certain amount, but not sure what that amount will be. I intend this to be my last time dieting and my new WOE for life!

BTW - I live in Kansas now but spent the first half of my life in a suburb of Boston. I get back about once a year at least to visit family.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Alevi! We have several maintainers here on The Beach, and I'm sure they'll be happy to give you some hints and advice. I hope to finally reach my goal and be a maintainer one day soon, so we can both benefit from the advice.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alevi05 View Post
I need to work on finding a way maintaining the weight loss, rather than just losing it. I think where I went wrong the last time was never really doing Ph 3, and just going completely off the plan once the wedding was over and done with. So, I would love to hear anyone's advice on how to maintain the weight loss once you actually achieve your goal.
Phase III for me is basically Phase II for some beachers. I eat 1-2 grains/starches and 1-2 fruits per day to maintain. I occasional have planned off-plan days, but get right back OP the next day. I have maintained for almost 2 years on SB after losing about 25# initially. The key for me is staying on SB and not looking at it as a plan I just use to lose the weight.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome alevi05! Good luck with the maintaining. I know that will be the hardest part for me too, (if I ever) when I reach goal. I'm interested to know your experience.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  
Be happy.

It's great to have you here.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/135/130

Height: 5" 1'

Thanks to you all,

I think this site will definitely help me stay on track. The last time I did SB, I reached a weight lower than I had weighed for quite a while, but still not where I want to be. And, I slowly let the pounds pile back on until I reached the same weight as i had started the last time. My mother is actually getting married in June, which has prompted to get going on the weight loss again because I don't want to be horrified when I see the pictures of myself at her wedding. In the last three years since I lost the weight initially, I have thought about trying to lose again, but couldn't find the motivation It also helps that my husband is doing P90x, so he is busy trying to eat well, too. Anyway, I am so glad that I found this website and thanks again to all of you!
alevi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

to the boards!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote