Old 04-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Do you change ticker when you gain?

Ok -

Just gotta ask: Do you change your ticker when you gain weight?

I had a rough week and gained .4 (not much really) and don't plan on changing my ticker for that piddly amount.

Do you change it when you gain??

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #2  

Yes I do. I like being honest with myself and others.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

My weight can fluctuate anywhere from 3-5 depending on the cycle day so... for ticker changing once a month is good enough to me.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't worry about .4 for now. I guess if it changes to 2 you would change it. I agree with being honest, but lets face it, we can all be a bit compulsive about the scale. I know I can!
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I don't just because I'm back down in a day or two.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I would not define your ticker being "off" by 6.4 ounces (the .4 lb you mention) as dishonesty by any definition (but if it is by YOUR definition, then change it). There's honesty, and accountability and then there's scrupulosity (almost in the religious sense - imagining "sin" where there is none, or holding yourself to a level of precision that becomes counterproductive).

In the years that I've been here, I've chosen to used my ticker in different ways based on my needs at the time. When I started I never could remember HOW to change my ticker, so it was a hassle every time I wanted to so I didn't change it very often. There were times that I updated my ticker every time I logged on. There were times I updated my ticker only when I thought of it. There were times I returned after a long absence, too ashamed to admit that I gained, so I lurked until I either got up the nerve to change my ticker, or until my weight matched the ticker. There were times that I updated for losses, but not for gains (using my gulit and desure to be "honest" as motivation to get back to the ticker weight. There were times I gave myself a leeway range or a leeway period (after a small gain, giving myself x number of days to return to the ticker weight). There were times I set a day of the week or a day of the month to update my ticker.

In that time, I've also watched and participated in several discussions of ticker policies, and what I've learned is that no matter what choice you make, someone will criticise you for it - so choose the policy that works best for you. The one that you find most motivating.

As with many weight loss strategies, I think consistancy is often more important than the specific choice.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

I do if the increase sticks around consistently...more than 2 weeks.
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I don't change mine every single day, or every time I log-in. Weight fluctuates from day-to-day, throughout each individual day. While I might take a look at my weight more than once a week, I only count once a week for my weigh-in. It helps me to have the visual of where things are. If I'm using a Ticker Factory ticker, I definitely change it with my weekly weigh-in, whether I lost or gained, because TF keeps a running record of weight loss/gain.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote