Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Wink Worldlies Abolish All Ailments in April!!

Ack - a new month already! Sorry for the delay in posting - had to find the suggestion for the new title.

Since we've had our share of ailments amongst ourselves and loved ones, let's kick off April by kicking out all the bad gunk.

Welcome to the new thread ladies, may the Worldlies have a great month!

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-01-2010 at 08:16 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Great title! I have not posted for ages although I do read, not because of ailments but because of Life. April looks really busy too so I thought I'd at least show for the first day!

Back from a trip to Disney World with DS, DIL and my perfect DGD. The weather was crappy but we had a great week together. I managed to hold my weight down despite the crap they serve at Disney - probably because I walked and walked to keep up with two six-footers and a 10 year old who skips everywhere.

We are having incredible weather here. It'll be up to nearly 80º on the long weekend. It's garden clean-up time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

No foolin', today is the 15th anniversary of the day I married the most wonderful man in the world (at least IMHO)! We went to dinner and a movie last weekend, so tonight will be a quiet evening in as DH is exhausted from working so many hours this week and I'm still trying to get over this little bit of a cold that's lingering.

I went to the gym last night, but before you give the for working out while sick, I only went to share in the celebration of my Zumba instructor's b'day prior to class. We all sang happy b'day and presented her with a lovely cupcake from a nearby bakery, and we also gave her a card which contained enough money so she could buy herself some new Zumba pants - very cool, lightweight cargo capris with lots of funky strings hanging from the pockets. She was really surprised and touched. I gave her a quick hug and explained that I still wasn't feeling well enough to do the class, and then I left. Good thing I didn't do the class...my energy still isn't back. Tonight will be a relaxing evening. DH and I may pull the chaise lounges out into the backyard and relax outside since we're having such unseasonably warm weather (going to be 78 today and tomorrow)! Or we/I might take the dogs for a short walk. It's supposed to be cooler on Saturday and Sunday and even rain with the chance of t-storms on Saturday. So those will be the days for getting stuff done inside the house and website work. I will probably go to Kohls at least once over the next couple days as the associate discount is more between now and the third, plus, I can combine with a 15% off, to make the savings too good to resist. I just have to try on some clothes in my closet to see what fits now and determine what I need and in what sizes.

Ceejay - Not to worry about me. I truly think I nipped this cold in the bud. I don't have it anywhere near as badly as Laura or Annie.

Shad - I'm so glad to hear your back is doing better. A yoga dvd might be just the thing you need to loosen it up a bit before you tackle your projects around the house.

Annie - I hope your dad's procedure went well.

Mel - I hope the sciatica has gone away.

Happy - Thanks for starting the new thread!

Ruth - Great to hear from you!! Glad you had a nice time at Disney World. Enjoy your weekend in the garden!

Love and Awesome April Hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 04-01-2010 at 08:31 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

Hiyah Ruth - nice to see you. Geez if you put it that way, skipping down the street I guess you would lose weight

I don't have much time to post - we had to take the cat into the vet for shots and a teeth cleaning. And they ALWAYS know something is up. We must send out pheromones when it's vet time. Had to chase her around the house. I did tell her that I was not fond of going to the dentist this week either and unlike me, she probably did not need a root canal but since she is a princess and nothing is as dreadful as what's in her world at the moment, it fell on deaf ears...
Caught her, got her in the carrier and she's hating DH at the moment and making him feel very bad with some pitiful cat crying.

Michelle - thanks for the suggestion about the 2 pairs of shoes. I may just try that if I can find something cushy. My achilles tendon needs stretching and if I don't get into shoes soon I will have other problems. I did tough it out yesterday. I hope you are starting to feel better after your cold. Don't push the exercise until you can do it without coughing and wheezing. Maybe some hot yoga!

Shad - glad you stretched out the kinks. I would be in a pile of knots from a 12 hour drive too. Take today to get organized. I realized it's Easter on Sunday too living here without family holidays are no longer holidays). And I am trying to figure out the best way to get to the store as ours will be crowded with shoppers too.

I will have to get back to the rest of you at lunch time. Happy Thursday - don't be an April Fool
Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Happy Anniversary Michelle and DH !!! 15 years already - I'm sure it's gone quickly. At least you had a nice dinner before you both snoozed on the couch - true love

You're having the same weather as us. Enjoy!

Last night was a crossover day at Kohl's - combined my 30% discount with Kohl's cash. I got my big order yesterday and needed to swap out some of the pants and capris so I scored a great deal. Just wish they'd make pants fitting the same way - I can vary 3 sizes in pants depending on where the waist sits.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - I know the trials and tribulations one has to go through to get a cat in a carrier, and then their guilt-inducing pitiful cries. I applaud your and DH's success. I have to admit, I was hesitant to suggest the two different shoes to you simply because I know you spend lots of $$ on your shoes. But I hope it works for you. I'm supposed to do Zumba tomorrow night with a friend, so I hope to be okay by then. I agree with you about pants. That's why when I find a brand/style that fits, I buy the same pants in different colors - boring, I know. What can I say?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Anniversary CHellser....Glad you are taking it easy with ailment, BUT...there are no ailments in April for the WORLDLIES,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Thursday...and what a glorious day it is.

Dad's procedure went ok. Wasn't really anything they could do for him, however there was no other damage since the 2005 procedure other than the blocked vain on the back side. Soooo..they sent him home, told him to recuperate, build his stamina again, keep doing what he is doing, and proud that his weight went from 252 to 221. Also said he is living on borrowed time. I told him not to sweat it as we are ALL living on borrowed time. ~wink~ The place of entry by groin was a little troublesome to stop bleeding, but all and all is ok now. AMEN.

Happy Anniversary Chellser and DH.....glad you are taking it easy with the ailment, HOWEVER, no ailments in April for the Worldlies..so get over it, will ya, huh? It is rough, I am still fighting this chest thing, but feeling much better and it is clearing up somewhat. Enjoy the weather, we are 82 and sunny today. Weeeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Happy...thank you for starting the new thread, my dear....Look at it this way while chasing your cats around the house you got in some exercise...and there is nothing like a cat's cry, so horrible sounding. I remember when I was about 15 I tried to give a cat a bath in the bathtub, it scared the bejeebers out of me. I thought it was possessed. I screamed for my dad to come in, he came in and about laughed his head off at me. I ended up crying. lol

Ruthie...hey sista, I see you and keep up with you on FB but glad you dropped in to visit with us worldlies.

Shaddie...wow what a whooper of a drive then for it to affect you in such a way once you got home. Bless your heart. Glad you are feeling a little better. I missed you sista.

Laura...hidee ho, man I thought you would like the Alice movie. Guess different strokes for different folks.

Ceejay..how you doing sista? I can't remember from last month's thread what everyone said so I am just going to give shout outs.

MELLIE, oh MELLIE, where for FART art thou? Hope all your ailments left last night at midnight for April's non-ailment month. Get it, got it, good!!

Hey to anyone I may have missed.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers...AGAIN. You all mean the world to me. No pun intended Worldlies.

Loves and Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Oh Annie, I have tears in my eyes from the idea of you trying to wash a cat. I'm surprised you don't have deep scarring from the scratches. Some things don't like to be washed. Little boys and cats for one.

Shad - I found you a copy of Laura's book. When I get it in a week or two, will send DH to the post office to send it over to you. Hopefully it won't cost too much to send it around the world
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Michelle - you are welcome to my Zuba pants. Although colorful, they are not as wild as they could be. Nice cotton too which is good for exercising.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

Anne-ster - You are right...no ailments in April. I'm trying to convince my body that this ain't a cold...just allergies. Gonna try some allergy meds when I get home. That should clear it all right up (I hope), so I can start April being awesomely active! Glad to hear your dad's procedure went okay. When my DMIL had her multiple bypass years ago, they gave her 5 years - 10 max. Well, it's been over 20 so far. Knock on wood. From what I hear that place of entry near the groin can be such a problem in terms of bleeding. DMIL dang near bled out during her procedure all those years ago. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend, my sista!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Your dad must be taking good care of himself. Glad the procedure is over too.

Happy
Thanks for setting up the new thread for April. Taking the animals to the vet in another reason as to why I don't have one.

Michelle
Congratulations on 15 years of marriage. Since this is allergy season I'm almost banking on this as allergies and not a cold. However if I let my allergies get ahead of me it will turn into a cold, bronchitis or even walking pnuemonia.

Ruth
So nice that you dropped by for a visit. I can relate in keeping up with tall people. My aunt is 5'7" and I'm running to keep up with her. I also keep up with you via FB.

I'm pleased with my weight loss for March. The most important things for me to do is to take my fluid med, don't eat a heavy dinner after 7 p.m. and watch my sodium intake.
The sun is beckoning to do some yard work this afternoon.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-01-2010 at 01:29 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #13  

Just checking in to say hi. Too busy for more!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Enjoy your yard work in the sun!

Laura - Hope you get a chance to enjoy the gorgeous weather. (I assume your weather is as nice as ours, if not nicer.)

Weight Watchers was good...it was a great meeting all about support and having weight loss buddies. I kept thinking how very fortunate I am to have you wonderful worldlies in my life. Love you all! Weigh in wasn't so great...up 1.2 lbs, probably because I haven't been able to exercise; either that or the congestion in my head weighs over a pound. Ewwwwww! Gonna walk after work in the sunshine, and tomorrow as well. And then Zumba away the pounds (ZATP) tomorrow evening.

Later chicas,
Old 04-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
So Good Friday rolls around again. Seems like not too long ago that I was talking about it last year. I must be getting old.

Thanks for the new thread Happy. I didn't even think about it yesterday until I had to take the DS2 to the airport. Ticket said April 1 when I printed it out. What???? How did it get there??? Anyway, I have 10 days minus the kid and just me and the cat. We might achieve something here.

The back still hurts occasionally and I woke up this morning to find the right shoulder telling me all about it. Go away, I don't need this. I think the whole thing is going out in sympathy with Mel and her sciatica. However the straighter I stand and the more I use the core muscles, the better I feel. It's the waking up that seems to be getting harder to do.

Must be shopping season over in the US with everyone off to Kohls for their new gear. Have fun shopping. No fun doing that over here at the moment. It's everyman for himself out there in the cruel world of retail. Did my shopping early - forgot the breakfast cereal and the cat food. Drat. So Miss Puss will have to survive on chicken breast for the next couple of days until I can drag up the energy to go near the shop again. I'm sure she won't be amused or maybe she will. Who knows with that madam.

Happy - thanks for finding Laura's organising book. Don't send it express post or anything, aim for the cheapest possible. It all goes airmail anyway. Do you have to provide id when sending things overseas like we do? Soon they will be looking for 100 points of identification - just like the banks do. Sign everything 5 times and for luck put your signature on the wall with indelible pens.

Chelle hope that nasty allergy goes away very soon. And yes it is infinitely possible you are carrying 1.2lbs of extra fluid in your head. Some of it will be the good guys fighting the bad guys, so don't try to eradicate the lot.

Annie - glad the Dad came through the medical okay. Yep we are all on borrowed time, don't know when the passport will run out. We should all keep that one in the back of the mind and just enjoy each day as it comes. If the grass is green when you wake up, then you are still on the right side of it.

Ceejay - good to hear of the weight loss in March. You must be doing it right. Keep it up.

Laura - busy little bee. She is so organised now!

I had lunch with the niece and niecelet yesterday. They are both looking good. Niecelet doesn't seem to be getting much bigger but she is very active. 10 months old, stands up by herself, gets into all the mischief possible - no wonder she doesn't grow fast, she moves too fast. And she is a good eater too. Polished off a pot of veges and beef mince as well as a jar of custard and a couple of french fries from her mums plate.

Anyway, lets get on with this day. Looks like it could be hot and sunny rather than the rain and storms they promised us. I'd better get on with it while I can.

Last edited by Shad; 04-01-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote