Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ SPRING Thread

WELCOME EVERYONE ~ Please join us in our thread: to give support and encouragement; to share ideas, and/or just chat with one another about everyday issues ...

This special thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes some physical limitations and/or difficulties.

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY EVERYBODY!

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ I thought it might be nice to switch to seasonal threads for a change, then the thread would only have to be restarted four times a year. Lately, some of our ladies have had a lot on their plates and are very busy, so this will give us a continuous thread for a longer period too.

I hope you all like the idea -- we had lovely and warm weather today (60 F) ... fitting for a Spring Day as well. That is warm for us here. I think most people associate spring with the month of April too, so that is why I am starting it for the beginning of April.

Hope you all have a great week too ... Rosebud
Old 04-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #3  

Excellent idea Rosebud! I can I can put a sofa in the corner and get comfy now!

Well, half my living room carpet has been ripped up... Went for the laminate flooring today and there's no stopping SO, everything has to be done right away!

Had such a busy week, its been horrendous. Literally have not stopped from the moment I'm up in the morning until 9 or 10 at night. Don't know how much longer I can keep this up. And now the kids are off for 2 weeks!!!! Spent this afternoon at their school helping them with their Easter games.

We've had another dose of snow grrrrr but it has melted quite quickly and it was sunny most of this afternoon.

SO is going to be working on the flooring tomorrow so I have the task of going to the supermarket ALONE! "Yes dear, I will be as quick as I can" ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Well must dash, I have a shopping list to do Take care all and

HAPPY EASTER!!!
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #4  
Rosebud

Quote:
Excellent idea Rosebud! I can put a sofa in the corner and get comfy now!
I think I might do the same, only mine will be a recliner or a rocking chair -- ya, that would be even better. Well, I think we'll try it this way for awhile and see how it goes. We do the Canadian threads that way and I like that. If people don't want to read them all; they can just go back as far as they like ...

We had an absolutely gorgeous day today; not like spring, but like a hot summer day with lots of -- and the temps were pushing towards 77 F at one point in the afternoon. Later on, a breeze came and the temps dropped down to 60 F in the shade but it was still nice to sit out on the deck. I had to open the windows this evening to cool the place down a bit.

The only thing was that I had to swat my first skitter today; and I got 'em too. We don't usually see them out until May or June but with all this warmer weather, I guess they woke up or hatched sooner than usual -- hope that isn't a trend ...

We went for a drive in the country to scout out some stones and pebbles for my planting pots which I want to start tomorrow. We managed to bring home a pail of them; more than I needed really but we'll find a use for them somewhere. Want to start my tomato and mini-strawberry plants.

Hope you all have a wonderful EASTER weekend too; and take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-01-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #5  
Rosebud

HI ALL ~ It was very hot today with full and some nice wispy clouds and a very strong wind ... that made it like a sand storm at some moments. It was a good thing we had some breeze, as it got up to 83 F in town around dinnertime, but then later on, some clouds rolled in and we just had some to cool things down.

We spent part of the day doing yardwork -- well, DH did whilst I supervised; he really needed help getting things organized in the back yard. We go through this every spring and now it looks neat and tidy again. OK, so I had to shake my cane a few times, but who's counting? Just kidding ... haha!!! Actually, DH appreciates the helpful tips as organization is not one of his strong points. I also cut DH's hair today, as it really needed it -- he was starting to look like a retired hippy ...

All that took up our day. Then after dinner, we went for a drive in the country as it was much cooler by then. I noticed today that my flower beds are blooming ... I have spring flowers!

Hope you all have a HAPPY EASTER!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #6  

Rosebud, where has everyone gone? Maybe we should hold a seance? LOL

Is there anybody there????????

As I sit here sipping my hard-earned OJ and Asti-Spumante, looking at the PILES of chocolate my parents brought over, I ponder one of life's great mysteries... How does the man who drives the snow-plough get to work in the morning?

Woooo random. I may be a little frazzled. My DD has been ill with a bad cough for nearly a week and has now got a secondary infection - Scarlet Fever. Poor wee soul. Wish I could wave a magic wand and take it away. She managed to eat some chocolate today and see her grandparents for an hour or so, but even that took so much out of her. She also can't go visit bio-daddy either, not that she's bothered, but DS is going for a week, or at least that's the plan. See how long he lasts!

Soooooooo, along with all the renovations going on in the house, I've been looking after my poor little baby girl (she's 7 lol). Yesterday, had a 7.30am start, finally stopped at 10.15pm. Today has been just as manic, but it has felt like a very very long day.

Weather here has been great the last 2 days, quite warm, but we have snow forecast for during the night. Our village has been overrun with tourists the last 3 days. First weekend of Spring, blimin nightmare. People walking by the house looking in the windows grrrrrrr.

Anyways, going to chill out and enjoy my drinky-poos. Hope everyone has had a good easter.

Cheers
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI TIGZ ~ guess it's just you and me right now ... seems lots of folks are on some kind of hiatus from this site lately -- many threads are bare, not just this one (excuse the unintended pun there). Some days, it feels like I am holding a handful of them up all by myself, plus maybe one or two other old faithfuls!

This site seems to grow in spurts -- new people come in all excited, start to lose weight, reach or almost reach their goals, and then disappear. Can't tell you just how many people here are returnees who gained some or all of their weight back; but I'm glad they have come back becuz that means that they have learned a very valuable lesson ... "The road to good health is a lifelong journey!"

Gee ... did you say SCARLET FEVER? Didn't know that disease was still around today! Sounds like something out of a movie or a book to me! Or was that the Scarlet Letter ... haha! Just kidding, but I really hope your daughter is feeling better soon, whatever kind of flu she has -- they are all terrible although, chocolate easter bunnies have an amazingly curitive effect on many children!

Our day was cooler, and but still nice and we went out for a drive to our lot this afternoon and yes, it is still there! There was a huge flock of blackbirds of varying kinds out there; it seems we see a different flock each time we go out there; last time was the buntings or snowbirds as they are affectionately called here.

Many of our trees seemed to have perked up this year; maybe it was the milder winter, Only a few look like they may need a bit of help. If we get enuff that should help them (well, we got some tonight so someone up there heard me). My spring flowers are coming up out there too!

The snow is all gone and there were just a few pools of water that need to dry up -- me thinks that we'll be able to go out there and get something done on our small chalet very soon. We were calling it our cabin or caban, but I think Chalet sounds more distinguished, don't you?

Hope you all have a great evening and a pleasant Easter Monday too; that is a holiday here for most people too. Our town kinda looked like a ghost town today with nothing open up there. Take good care ... Rosebud
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #8  
Rosebud

Had a great day today ~ got lots accomplished and that always makes me happy. I spent the AM cleaning our back porch whilst DH was out. Then I finished off my shed and found a box of books that have been missing since we moved here!

I was glad to get that all done now for spring. I also noticed that more flowers are coming up on our gardens today after a couple of nights of -- that really seems to have coaxed them a bit. I tidied them up a bit by pulling last years refuse away. Maybe I'll plant a bit of early seed this week for things like salad and radishes, etc.

We had a nice Ham dinner yesterday, and I heated up the leftovers with a potato/carrot scallop with broccoli. I saved the leftover ham for lunch tomorrow too. We both just had some pudding for our dessert but as an evening snack really. NIKO was very happy to get the big Ham bone too!

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up; do take good care ... Rosebud
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ had a busy day; went hunting for a new upright vacuum and got the last one at our local hardware store. Gonna try it out tomorrow to see how it works. Picked up a rolling drawer tower on sale for all my miscellaneous desk stuff; plus some totes for the last of the stuff we need to store, so now we should be very organized.

We had lovely weather with lots of and the temps got up to 68F and higher by late afternoon. Time to go put my sore feet up and rest them after having my tea. Take good care and hope to hear from some of you soon ... Rosebud
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #10  

Stop callin, stop callin, I don't wanna think anymore.
I left my head and my heart on the dancefloor!

Sorry just had to share...hehehe

Yeup, Scarlet Fever. Been working its way through the west coast of Scotland. Unbelievable. She is a little better now, was really worried there as she seems to have had quite a bad dose of it. Thank goodness. We have been spoiling her rotten though, with the easter eggs and milkshakes etc etc. Hoping she will be back on her feet by the end of the week.

Made the unfortunate comment to SO today that the God-awful carpet on the stairs was lifting and maybe it was its way of telling us its time it went to the dump. No sooner had the words left my mouth than the carpet was ripped up and the carpet grip was being levered off the stairs. What a guy. He is getting new (well second hand) wheels for our old Jaguar tomorrow, so I guess I won't see much of him after they arrive! LOL She's going to look so classy with her new wheels. I'm quite excited too.

Have been a good girl pretty much for the last few days food wise. Had a lovely salad tonight, God I love veggies. Managed to do some walking today and housework so hopefully I will get my energy and fitness levels up a bit. Had such a bad bout with pain there, lost virtially all my upper leg muscles and control for my left leg. Now I have started the long ardous process of getting it all back. Well, we are supposed to be getting a good stretch with the weather and that helps a lot. Thanks for sending some sunshine Rosebud!

Well, American Idol is starting in a minute, so I will be off. Crystal Rocks. I'm gonna be stunned if she doesn't win this year, but then again, look what happened with Adam Lambert

Take care all, wherever you are XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #11  
Rosebud

HI ~ Just had a quiet day at home today; did some laundry and hung it outside as it was and we had a light breeze too. Put our new upright vacuum together tonight; will try it out tomorrow ...

My eating has been a little off the last two days; not huge things -- just seemed to be hungrier than usual. Hopefully that will soon pass! I forgot to mention that I did pretty good on my March NO-JUNKIES challenge. I did have one blooper in the last week, but caught myself before I ate a serving of DH's chippies. So whilst I did have one tiny slip up, for most of the month, I did very well.

Anyways, hope you all have a great day tomorrow; and do take good care of yourselves. Just do the best you can each and every day -- but still remember to enjoy life too ... Rosebud
Old 04-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #12  
Rosebud

HEY TIGZ ~ we have some Mr. Bean dvds here; got them for DH for Christmas with some other ones too (old classic shows and movies, etc). I try to find him some comedies every year ...

Well, old man winter decided that he didn't want to rest just yet -- we have had a ***** storm here all day long and it's still snowing as we speak or is that write ... anywho, we have SNOW!

Last I looked, there was 4" on my patio table; may have foot by tomorrow, if this keeps up. Well, they are predicting some for tomorrow and next week, so it should all melt fairly fast. Guess I get to use my new light shovel on the front deck tomorrow -- knew there was a reason, I felt an urge to buy that .... hahahahaha!

We had a whole bunch of birdies here today; that happens when a storm comes -- funny how they remember where to find a steady supply of food in a pinch ... AT OUR HOUSE! We had a ball watching all their funny antics today: junkos, sparrows, finches, Starlings, and Doves ...

My eating is back on track today; did much better and got lots of walking in this week, plus did my daily exercises. Used my new upright vacumm today and couldn't believe how much hair and dirt it pick up ... it was shocking! The old vacuums really weren't doing that great of a job; more of a surface job, I think!

Anywho, hope this thing lasts awhile becuz it only has a one year warranty: not much confidence in their own products these days, if you ask me. Hope that isn't a sign. I opened up a flyer today and saw a HOOVER on sale for almost half off -- why does that keep happening to me? I kept watching for sales, but we finally just went out and bought the last vacuum in the store becuz we needed one, and then they offer a great sale for next week!

OH, WELL .......

Hope you all have a Fabulous Friday tomorrow; and do take good care ... Rosebud
Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #13  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone-sorry I've been gone so long. Been missing my 3fc time.

Tigz-so sorry your DD has been ill. They used to say, after having scarlet fever, that you needed to stay on antibiotics the rest of your life to prevent heart infections. Is that still true? Hoping and praying that she's better soon. Your home renovations sound like fun. We'll be having a bathroom re-do in a couple weeks and I can't wait! It started as a ceiling plaster repair that didn't take, but then the contractor who did it won't take care of the problem, so when we contacted someone else, we decided to replace the tub and surround, flooring and ceiling too, so it'll be ready should we finally decide to sell and move.

Rosebud-You just keep busy, busy all the time! I have the same luck with buying things that then go on sale the next week. Here, if the exact same brand and model is advertised at a discount within a month of your purchase at the store where you purchased it, you can go back for a refund of the difference, so sometimes I actually remember to go get my refund. I have some daffodils and hyacinths blooming now, but my crocuses bloomed and died back while I was still in Indiana taking care of Dad's stuff. Really need to get outside and do the spring cutting back and clearing out, but just can't get the motivation for it yet.

Might go to town today to get a new faucet for the bathroom re-do, along with towel bars and look at shower curtains. It's been only a month since we chose the flooring and wall materials, but so much has gone on since that I can't remember exactly what colors and tones are in them, so I'm unsure what color curtains, etc will work. I need a project to take my mind off missing my dad right now, I think, so the bathroom project will be a good thing.

We may also have to go to MN to get DS2's car if they finish the repair, so that would take the whole afternoon. We were afraid the transmission was going out, but turned out to be just a solenoid that's much cheaper to replace (thank goodness!). We did find out, though, that, with this particular part, if it malfunctions, it can suddenly put the car in reverse or another gear, even if you're driving down the road at 70mph! Fortunately, and I'm sure God was watching over my son, when it did it's malfunction thing, the car shifted itself into neutral and the engine just revved up suddenly. If it had gone to reverse, it would have caused a terrible accident, I'm sure.

My eating has been atrocious since Dad passed. I had been struggling before with not losing any more, but now I've gained 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks! I know part of it's water, as I've been munching on potato chips like a bandit lately, but I really need to get a handle back on this. It's just been almost impossible for me to even think about weighing and measuring my food. I really need a good kick in the backside. I so wanted Dad to see me thin and now I have to know that I have to do this anyway-for myself and my kids.

Well, friends, hope you all have a great weekend! Talk to you later!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #14  

NEED I SAY MORE???

Well folks, I am needing to vent a little so bear with me. Things that pee me off:

1. Tiger Woods - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Lock me in a room with him for 5 minutes, I'll put him off sex for life. Pass me the tweezers please.

2. Free Online Bingo - Been playing on and off all day, haven't won a penny

3. Oh yeah, PERIODS!!!!! - Give men periods and there would be a pill to take them away forever within a month.

4. Slugs - Horrible slimy critters that serve no other purpose on this earth other than to feed hedgehogs.

5. Mail Order Deliveries being wrong - I mean really, how many braincells does it take?

6. Politicians - We need to start loading them into the cargo bay of the space shuttle and dropping them off in space.

7. Winter - Enough already!!!!

8. Chocolate - Why can't chocolate be a fruit?

9. Hairs in the bathrub that aren't your own - ewwwwwwww

10. People parking in my spot - ********* its just downright rude!

OK, breathe now. I got it out. Getting a nice patch of weather me thinks. Will need to get some sunshine, it always picks me up.

Ronni - nice to see you back and so sorry to hear about your dad You said you wanted him to see you thin, he's still watching and I am sure he wouldn't want you to give up, not after coming so far.

Rosebud - OMG not more snow!!!! I hope it doesn't come back here, I just planted some shrubs today. Poor Niko won't get sunbathing. Just waiting on our German Shepherd losing her winter coat - its going to be a nightmare, its sooooo thick. Will have white fur tumbleweeds all over the house in the next few weeks!

Take care all, going to catch some ZZZZZ's and see if I wake up a human again.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello The Tigz

What a great post. You cheered me up, I like to know other people are angry and not being perfectly nice all the time.
I would write the top ten things that annoy me but at the moment it's just my diet and getting ill and having to start all over again.
I think I never want to be thin but just a healthy weight . I don't like people who are my age and thin!
So diets and people my age who are superthin annoy me. Not a very positive attitude but my attitude for today.
My physical challenge is to get well from various illnesses and then do Qi Gong or yoga or ( quiet) housework before bed when I can.
Then I will go to bed nicely relaxed and have had some nice toning exercise

Last edited by Muse17; 04-09-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: I wrote Tai Chi but I meant Qi Gong
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote