Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Is this crazy? Or great?

So I usually jog/walk 5xs a week with 2 rest days. One of the rest days is always Saturday (even though I still do a couple mile leisurly walk with my girlfriends) and the other day is whenever I feel my body needs a rest. Well yesterday I needed a rest and needed to spend some time with the hubby (we have opposite work schedules) so I didn't run. Today I have to go to my mom's for dinner because my grandparents are in town (I never see them). I won't have time to exercise before I get there and I figure I should be home between 7-8. So I figured I could squezz in about a 45 min jog with my toddler in the stroller between 8 and 9 and have him home just in time for bed. Is this nuts...should I just give myself a break...big deal I'm only getting 4 days of exercise this week. Or is it good that I'm fitting it in no matter what? My issue is that I'm all jittery now when I don't get my run in and I'm not sure what the plans are tomorrow with my grandparents so there is a chance I won't be able to exercise tomorrow either. Am I stressing over nothing...?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

LOL I'm the same way. I do a daily hour brisk walk, I try to give myself a day or two off but its hard. There are some days that I feel the need to do an extra 30 minutes just because I feel jittery or have a need to do something, since I'm pregnant my dh thinks I'm nuts or pushing it too far. LOL
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

If it makes you feel better to squeeze your run in then do it!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #4  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Height: 5'6"

I wish I had your problem! I hate running and my daughter hates to walk in the stroller. It would be so nice to be so much in the habit of jogging/running that I stressed out about not being able to. I say do it, if you want to. You've lost 100 lbs?!?! That's amazing! You got there for a reason

For every 5 lbs lost
had to take one off - that’s disappointing

Stopped smoking: 3/30/2010

Mini Goal 1: 199 - 6lbs to go
Mini Goal 2: 185 - 20lbs to go - Memorial Day Challenge
Mini Goal 3: 175 - 30lbs to go
Mini Goal 4: 160 - 45lbs to go
Unrealistic Goal?? 155 - 50lbs to go
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #5  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I would say squeeze it in especially if you start getting jittery from not! lol

I think it would be too easy to start not fitting it into your daily schedule if you start saying its okay and not doing it. I notice if I take more than 2 days off or so I have a very hard time getting back into wanting to go work out and Ive been on my journey for 6 months. So personally, if I took yesterday off and then knew I would have a hard time getting in a workout tomorrow I would definitely squeeze one in today just in case! =)

Good luck!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Squeeze it in! I have the same problem about getting jittery-- last week I missed Thursday and had Friday scheduled off due to my work schedule. I ended up running at 1000 at night after a fourteen hour work day, and I felt SO MUCH BETTER.

Just go for it-- and lucky you if you can run with your toddler. I loss so much fitness after the birth of my first because he SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER the entire time I pushed him in the jog stroller-- which kind of put a damper on things.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I think I found a better solution! We're going to the park for pictures, so we're going to get there early and do some laps before! I can't believe how excited I am...so funny. My mom is kinda pissed I'm going to be sweaty for the pics, but oh well!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Making something a priority means it comes first, not it comes "first after everything else". Exercise is more important than bedtime being 15 minutes off or whatever. Run!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote