Old 03-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #1  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Spray oil and spray parkay..I got a question

Ok when I pan fry my chicken breast I have to use a good coating of oil. To get it not to stick.

And when I eat corn on the cobb or wheat pasta I use spray parkay.

Now here's the question....
Both say 0 fat and 0 calories. Is this a lie? the can spray oil says a serving is 1/4 of a second of spray.

and the spray parkay says 5 sprays. If I do 10 is it still nothing?

I'm so confused...Please help Thanks
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

That's always been confusing to me too. One thing I have heard on this is that the less ingredients you can't pronounce, or don't know what they are, in a product the better it is for your body. For example, even though diet soda has 0 calories your body is confused by it and drinking too much can lead to food cravings. A doctor friend of mine felt that too much of the butter spray caused his cholesterol to go up.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think the law is that if something has less than 5 calories per serving that they can say it has 0 calories. I think something like a container of I can't Believe its not butter has 1000 calories but because each serving is so small, the individual servings are considered 0 calories.

So you are adding fat, you are adding calories but if you keep the servings small, the calories are pretty negligible. If you overdo it then you can be adding quite a few calories.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #4  
Just Me

Oh here is an old thread where it was discussed
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...ter-crazy.html
Old 03-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #5  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much! I thought it was too good to be true. What do yall use to cook chicken. I have a grill pan but it smokes and sticks without the spray oil
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #6  
Just Me

I don't eat meat but how about baking?

Also, have you ever tried cooking with water? I do this a lot with stir fries and what not where I use a ceramic coated pan and then if things start to stick, throw a little water in to deglaze/unstick a little.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:12 PM   #7  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

I bake my chicken and meats as well. I use a pan that allows the grease from the food to fall at the bottom. So the chicken is nice and healthy.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre View Post
Thanks so much! I thought it was too good to be true. What do yall use to cook chicken. I have a grill pan but it smokes and sticks without the spray oil
I use Pam spray all the time. It is the butter spray, I used to use I can't believe it's not butter, I stopped using because I couldn't stop at one serving. You should have seen the way I loaded it on a piece of bread!

My sister gave me this weight watcher's recipe for chicken. It comes out very tender and is soooooooooooo easy!!

ONE PAN CHICKEN

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of ketchup
8 oz of diet coke

Mix coke and ketchup in skillet, add chicken. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to medium, cover and cook for 40 minutes. Uncover, turn up heat and stir til sauce thickens.

That's it! I usually take the chicken out and cover it and THEN stir the sauce til it thickens. It comes out tasting like a very mild bbq sauce.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote