Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default Hello! -Intro-

Hi everyone! I am happy to be here and hoping to get the motivation I need to lose this stubborn weight. I am 24 and a mother to three great kiddos ages 6, 4, and 8 months. I am also a full time Cosmetology student and will graduate in a few weeks. I always get stuck in the 170lb range after having a baby but I can usually get it off by the 1yr mark. Well my baby boy is already 8 months old and i'm now starting to gain weight!! I am at 175 lbs. as of today. I was a very active child/teen and played soccer for 8 years. My weight before kids was around 127-134lbs. At 5'4 that seems a little too high maybe but I was thin and in shape so I think that is a good weight for me. I'm shooting for 140lbs. and would love to get even smaller if it works for my body type and age. But that is something I won't think about too much just yet.

Also, to make matters a little more intense I have to be a bridesmaid on June 19th of this year! I already ordered my size 16 dress but am hoping to have to make alterations by then! I am very curious about what kinds of "healthier habits" everyone is taking on to lose their weight. I am going to try to keep my calorie intake around 1200-1400 a day. I'm a calorie counter so I figured that would be the easiest way for me to do this. I also plan to add exercise to my daily routine but not sure on the amount. Atleast 30 minutes on the treadmill each day but I know I need more than that to reach my goals. What kind of exercise routine do you all have? Thanks for reading my intro and I can't wait to get to know everyone!
turquoise52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #2  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! We have very similar stats, 24, starting around 170! I was also a bridesmaid in a wedding last year and I wanted to lose weight for it, but got lazy and didn't! Trust me, I felt TERRIBLE. I hate all the pictures of myself and I now have pretty much no pictures from my friend's wedding because I can't stand looking at them!

The only thing I would add to your plan- is WEIGHT TRAINING! I really recommend it because it burns calories longer after your workout ends and you see results faster with it. I used to hate it, but it has slowly become my favorite part of my workout, it makes me feel so strong! I wish you the best!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Welcome!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am going to be a bridesmaid in July, so I feel your pain! I am the only "fat" girl! Boo! I too am following a 1200-1400 calorie diet, and doing daily exercise. I joined a gym and I work out atleast 45 mins a day. Started March 1st, and I am down 11 pounds. Welcome to the board! I also have three kids and was about 130 prior...so we have a lot in common! (o:
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:07 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Hiya and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your weight loss mission =)
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote