General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Fat Smashers weekly support : 3/28 ~ 4/3

Let's keep it going.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Still working at it. I had a couple of things off the list (Like one day cottage cheese and another day crackers), but basically I've been on plan. Had to go grocery shopping that day and didn't have the right food in the house. I hope that didn't affect me too much. This is the 8th day, phase 1 for me.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #3  
She's trying...really !

S/C/G: 185/176/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi ladies,

I was sooooooooo excited to see my scale on Saturday, then Sunday - we were traveling and DH wanted to stop along at some of the Diners Drive ins and Dives places. I put everything into the nutrition tracker on spark and it wasn't SO bad, but let's just say I'm lucky I'm in the Smooth module!

So this is back-on-track day. I hope to see 1 lb loss this week -

Hope you all had a great w/e
shestrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hi. Okay well after stepping on the scale and getting my blood pressure check. I will be restarting Phase 1 of the fat smash diet. I know I can do this. Also I am on a trail membership at a gym that is closer to my school since I spend most of my time that way.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #5  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Good to see everyone still working it!

I am still a bit off after my stomach bug. I'm eating small meals and counting calories(ended at around 1000 yesterday - still eating very slowly), but not following the plan exactly. I have also been back to the gym for the last 2 days. But then I woke up at 4 this morning with bad stomach pains. Finally got back to sleep after an hour and woke feeling better. But I am up 1.5 on the scale and when I did my measurements, my abdomen(I have a disgusting pooch, the most hated part of my body) was up like 2 inches. So something is still going on.

Trying to decide when to recommit. My birthday is this weekend, so we'll be going out to dinner, but I think we'll do Japanese and I can have fish and seaweed salad and there's no emphasis on dessert. So maybe I'll recommit Monday and follow the plan as best I can until then. Some of the foods still don't appeal since I've been sick.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #6  
Is this the last time?

S/C/G: 191/see tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

hey lif4ever! welcome back! good luck, we'll be here if you need anything!

the scale hates me, but i know... with easter on sunday..., i'm not a happy girl.

my worst time is between 3 and 5pm. i 'need' a snack, i 'need' sugar..., i HAVE to find something to do when those cravings start. and then after dinner, i have to leave the first floor. my kids snack, then i do, then...

new habits, we need to create new habits.

misskitty
misskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #7  

Hello all

I got my son to eat spinach last night.....that boy thinks all vegetables are poison LOL. I made spinach nuggets. Although he didn't devour them, he ate them without complaining.

@shestrying - That sounds so fun, I watch that show all the time. Probably shoudn't because it makes me want to cook LOL.

@life4evr - Having a gym close to my work is extremely helpful. If its too far, I rationalize that I dont have time to go. Good Luck!

@natamars - Happy Early B-day. Japanese food is good IMO regardless. My friends and I do sushi for birthdays all the time. Good luck to you too!

@misskitty - it's DEFINITELY about creating new habits. I tend to get home from work and snack on something bad for me. That needs to change (and has changed recently) not only for myself, but as an example for my son.

Last edited by mammasita; 03-30-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #8  
She's trying...really !

Hey mammasita, have you seen that cookbook that has recipes to 'sneak' veggies into your kids? I actually tried a few of the recipes (found online) to sneak veggies into me. LOL. I am much better at eating veggies now, but it wasn't always like this. Example, meatballs made with greens (greens have been blended into a green goop and then mixed thoroughly with the meat).

It was fun to see the DDD places, I got a little star struck at the first spot (Blue Water Market Grill) because the girl taking our order was all over that episode. The 2nd spot, I was so not impressed... the pizza was amazing but it was dirty and the floors & tables needed serious attention. The people behind the counter had so much attitude, like "hey we were on tv" and it made for not a fun experience. But the blue water, I'd go back and stand in the 1 hr line again anytime!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 AM   #9  
Is this the last time?

Default i'm gaining!!!!!!!!!!!

i know i did not eat more than 3500 EXTRA calories this past week because of my period!!!!! i mean, good lord, how much would i have had to eat?!??

is france catching up to me?

taurie, i just finished the smooth module. personally, that one does more harm than good!

misskitty

Last edited by misskitty; 03-31-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Oooh, sorry to hear that MissKitty. I was alright on the smooth model, but to be fair I only ate a couple veggie burgers without fries and skipped some of the other items on the menu, eating on average between 1100 and 1200 calories. Even though those 'junk' foods are allowed in small quantities; I wasn't in the mood for them so I avoided them and ate the other stuff. Do you know how many calories you're averaging? I know that when I average about 1200 I lose 1 lb a week, but when my average creeps up I don't lose at all. That's where I am at the moment.

I totally ate off plan yesterday. I think I know what does it. Every time I eat my favourite Thai dish at this particular restaurant... which is spicy lean beef salad, it turns my day into one of craving sweet and salty food back to back.

After lunch I had candy, which is very unusual for me than followed by M&S cheese puffs! I've repeated this pattern every time I eat there. I guess I should never eat lunch there again. It's so odd.

Today I'm doing okay. But, I leave tomorrow for a rural area of Italy for a week. I'm a bit concerned about diet and exercise.

Last edited by Taurie; 03-31-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #11  
Is this the last time?

i don't seem to be able to balance 'bad' food and 'good' food. i have to do all or nothing, it seems, until the weight is gone.

italy, sounds sweet. walk, walk, walk, and use the 'rules' of balance in your diet for the week.

misskitty
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #12  
She's trying...really !

This is me too! I'm either totally ON like a switch, or totally OFF. So when I'm good, I'm very, very good - and when I'm bad, I'm horrid!

I'm on a very very good streak right now, and bringing my lil lunch bag full of good food is helping me at work. I will say, that my coworkers are NOT helping me.... what is with people? I tell them no, and then they start in with the, "oh come on, it's only one donut, you have to live a little" and all this cr*p.

I finally had to get stern with one girl, I just looked her right in the eye and said plainly "I would really appreciate it if you'd stop it with the food begging; don't beg me to eat food I don't want to eat. I'm trying to stay on a plan and you're not being very nice".

She was like She has only hit me up once since then.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I'm still on Fat Smashers, mostly. I have to take crackers with my meds, not to get an upset stomach. I'm under 1200 cals, but no weight loss per se. Anyone experiencing this? It's kind of discouraging.

Thanks, guys.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shestrying View Post
Hey mammasita, have you seen that cookbook that has recipes to 'sneak' veggies into your kids? I actually tried a few of the recipes (found online) to sneak veggies into me. LOL. I am much better at eating veggies now, but it wasn't always like this. Example, meatballs made with greens (greens have been blended into a green goop and then mixed thoroughly with the meat).
No, I havent heard of that book, I must check it out though! I hid some zuchinni in my sons turkey meatballs last night. He didn't know the difference LOL

Phase 2 Day 14 today. I had a lick of nutella last night, does that count against me? LOL
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #15  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

nutella is evil! i can't even keep it in the house.

tyla, which plan are you on and how long have you been on? a few crackers should not be an issue. i lost 6 bs. on detox and then stabilized. on efs i lost 4 lbs the first week then got a bit sloppy. going back on strict on monday - have my b'day and easter this weekend.

i'm either doing great on exercise or great on food but never both. have been at the gym almost every day. 50 min on the elliptical yesterday. an hour cardio sculpt today, plus planning to go back for zumba tonight. but yesterday i ran around and didn't eat much, then got home at 5 starved and over-ate. and why did i wake up at 3am and eat a skinny cow? today has been better food-wise - some pb&j on a wheat wrap and yogurt and fruit.

see you later!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote