General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #1  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default I Can Make You Thin

Has anyone had success or failure with Paul McKenna's plan? It seems like intuitive eating to me. Would like feedback if possible. Thank you and have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #2  

I was reading the reviews on amazon yesterday.

I'd like to know if anyone is following this program as well.

It does seem similar to intuitive eating, yet more simpler. There are only four golden rules to follow:

1. eat when hungry.

2. Enjoy every bite of food.

3. Eat what you want not what you think you should eat.

4. Stop when satisfied.

The rest of the book goes into how to do this. The book is only 176 pages and I've heard the plan is simple. The book comes with a cd.

I too would like to know who is following this.
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #3  
I am more than weight.

Default Good MOrnining Joycelyn

I read the book and am getting ready to read it again, the copy I got off of Amazon came with a CD, I listened to that, but only briefly. The book is simple and does not take long to read. It makes sense and hubby and I are going to give it a try. If you get the book let me know what you think. Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 04-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #4  

Hi there, I have heard of the book and will be ordering it on amazon. Right now I'm doing a Volumetrics type eating plan, but need to focus on not overeating. I'm looking for a simple book without a lot of psychobabble or too much self-analysis (I had some of Geneen Roth's books and not to sound mean, but I finally realized today that if I want to psycho analyze myself all day, I might as well go into therapy).

I'm going on amazon to order it now. Please let us know how you are doing on it.

Have a blessed day everyone!
dd2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I had heard about this years ago but it wasn't available in the us....I was at the library looking for more IE books,and came across it w/ the cd. I read the book over two days and have listenned to the cd twice. ( didn't today. Thought it was on my ipod but wasn't.), and I noticed that at the store I wasn't the least interested in chocolate, and today at work everyone wasn't thinking of going out for Chinese. I love chinese. I rarely need to be hungry to consider it....and I didn't want it. I 've also been drinking water like a fiend, again, something out of character. I did eat more good and plentys than I shoulda, but I was aware of it, and for the second day in a long long time,I haven't binged! And tonight I eschewed chicken for....vegetables!

Not sure if it works because I want it to, or if it really does, but whatever! I figured from the library if it didn't work I didn't lose any $

It is kind of tough to keep the rules in the mind but it so far as helped and made me feel a lot more hopeful....just when I was about to go back to dieting, like counting and stuff...really, really didn't want to!
I"m happy to see other people who are interested in McKenna's ideas...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #6  
I am more than weight.

Good Morning all. Today is hubby and I's usual weigh in day, but we were running a little late this morning, so it will be tomorrow, and also I did not take my blood pressure pill yesterdy (ran out) so I did not want a lot of fluid weight added. We will weigh in tomorrow before morning showers before we go to Mass. I am working today, so will not post again until this evening. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

optical good for you and your choices!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #7  

Catholic Cajun, I posted over in Intuitive Eating #12 thread about the Paul McKenna book.

I REALLY, REALLY LIKE IT!

It is just what I was looking for. A simple program to help me understand and avoid overeating while dealing with emotional issues in a simpler way.

I have no time for psycho therapy, psychobabble or long analytical methods of learning to eat normally. This book is just what I was looking for. KISS (keep it simple stupid) is just what I was looking for!

Thank you for your comments about the book. When I read an excerpt that I googled, I knew it was for me.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #8  
I am more than weight.

Default Good for you dd2010!

I liked the book too! It's like weighdown and the Lightweigh. I like it simple. When I had lost all my weight years ago at TOPS, I had only one store and was not as crazy busy as I am now, and hubby wants to lose weight too, so it's just to time comsuming counting and weighing and after doing that, you begin to resent not being able to eat like a normal person, then you get obsessive about not eating one bite too much, or any "forbiden" food, and when you do treat yourself to the "forbiden" you feel so darn guilty. So I am really glad you found a method than can work for you. I hope we can all help each other. Have a blessed evening. Tammy
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #9  

Hi Tammy, yes I would love it if we could help each other on this journey!

Have a blessed evening too. Sheryl
Old 04-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #10  
I am more than weight.

Hello Sheryl. SOrry about the delay in responding. I don't get a chance to get on the computer every day, it's too busy to sneak in at work and I am too tired to get on it after work, but I made an exception tonight! Hubby and I got up early and were going to go for a walk, well it was raining-BUMMER!! I purchased that Special K protein drink for Saturday, we may get so busy that there will be no time to eat so at least the drink stops the blood sugar from dropping too much and it's better than not having anything. Well I hope you have a blessed evening, will try and keep in touch nightly. Tammy
Old 04-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #11  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I am so interested in this, can anyone tell me a little more about. I don't have emotional eating issues, so would this still work for me?
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #12  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoMarcia View Post
I am so interested in this, can anyone tell me a little more about. I don't have emotional eating issues, so would this still work for me?
Good Morning! I think this can work for anyone. To me it's the only way because
#1-Don't tell me I can't have certain foods, because then I will want them more and overeat when I do have them.

#2-I am toooooo busy to count and measure anything.

There are 2 Christian "works" out there based on this princiapal, one is Weighdown and the other is Lightweigh and then there is I Can Make You Thin.

They are all basically have the same principal
1. Eat when you are hungry
2. Stop when you are full
3. Eat Slowly and enjoy your food
There is a 4th one for I an make you thin but I don't have my book with me, but will post it when I get my book back.

Please check in here we will be glad to offer encouragement and support. Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #13  

Hi Tammy and everyone,

I had a bad weekend and REALLY overate.

We had to put down my pet dog of 18 years. She was so old and in a lot of pain from neurological problems. She was my baby - so sweet. It's been a horrible two days of grieving. I'm feeling better this morning, but it's just my husband and me - we have no kids - and this place is so lonely without her!

My husband has just been terrific - he's spent hours on the internet searching for another "baby" to fill that hole in my heart. But no pet will ever replace her.

Needless to say, I haven't finished the book yet, but I will this morning. Only two chapters to go, and it's a quick read. After I finish up the book I will xerox off the 7 day checklist in the back of the book, which I think I'll find very helpful.

I know life happens. It's full of loss and tragedy along with the good. I really need to work on myself and my faith and use the techniques in the book and not run to food when the going gets rough.

Take care Tammy and everyone. Will log back in soon.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #14  
I am more than weight.

Good Morning Sheryl. I am so sorry about your baby. Our baby is almost 12 and is having leg and back problems, so we may have to make that decision soon. Google the poem Rainbow Bridge, it is beautiful and may ease your broken heart and let yourself grieve, she was like a child to you and you have the right to grieve her loss.

Well I under ate and over ate yesterday. We were soooo busy at work that I did not get to eat when hungry or otherwise, but after Confirmation last night I got to meet my prayer partner and over ate at supper-go figure, it always seems to be one extreme to another.

Anyway I will be catching up on paper work probably all day so I hope you all have a blessed one.!! Tammy
Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #15  

Hi I am here new. I got my book just yesterday and started to read it strait away. I just would like to know how is it with fruit...I am use to eat lots of fruit every day but I am not going to have it instead of normal meal. can anyone tell me what shell I do please and what about breakfast??? Do I wait till I am hungry??? I hope I will be strong to do this as it sound good to me.....I am fed up with dieting.
Veronika
Rony 26 is offline   Reply With Quote