Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #1  

Default Maybe May

Hi, I am new here and very happy to find all of you! I am so happy that there are others out there that understand the stress and hard work and I havn't even had the surgury yet. I was happy to find out that there is alot that is required of you before you are considered for it. The classes, appointments, the support groups, etc. My doctors are being great about fast tracking all the requirements because of my husbands summer schedule. This has been a long road for me, I started the research 3 years ago and just finally made my decision. Thanks for just being here
changling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

a lurker who's come out of hiding???? Hi there!!!! glad you've joined our little corner of the world!

what was the last straw that told you that it was time for you to have the surgery?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #4  

Jiffypop, I think it was everything that happened all at once. viewing family pictures, yearly check-up and weigh in, birthday and reminder of my entire mother's side of the family already having passed away. Ther is congestive heart failure and diabetes, not to mention I had gestational dibetes during my first pg which increases my chances by 50% of getting it. I have been over weight for 20 years. My biggest weight loss was 70 lbs total, but that included the weight I lost on the gestational diabetes diet then 30 more after. However, during my second pg and after I put 50 back on. I am just done. I need to be healthy for my kids and for myself. I am a brain tumor survivor and that is something I can not control coming back, but this I can. I am up for the challange and the hard work it will take to finally take my life back.

Last edited by changling; 03-30-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #5  

the congestive heart failure and diabetes was on my mom's side, I don't have it...
Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/tracker/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

welcome!!!
Duckslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/270/140

Height: 5"7

Smile bypass

Hi my surgery is scheduled for may 11. God was totally in controll of the approval. I got a letter saying the insurance wouldn't consider until six month supervised diet. I had finished all the other steps, I emailed Dr nurse and told her guess I was joining weight watchers. She said give her a min she was sending more info to ins co 20 min later approval God is good I am excited but nervous and glad to find this board.
skinnyinside33 is offline   Reply With Quote