General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #1  

Default Busting Sugar

Oh my gosh it doesn't look like spring here. Am I doing this right?
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the link to the previous thread.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #3  

Hope you ladies are having a good week end. I spent yesterday from 10 to 6 at the church here. It was a ladies conference on Woman of Worth. It was a fun day. I ate the food they served which wasn't to bad. Lots of good fruit and a nice dinner. But I did have a big peice of cake. It was the first sweet thing I've had in ages. Hope it doesn't throw me off. I was sure tired last night. Slept like a log and woke up to a overcast rainy day. Now time to go make DH and me a mushroom and swiss cheese omelet....
Old 03-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #4  

Oh my gosh I can't believe not a single SB lady has been on here. Its so empty in this room. Got pork steaks cooking in the oven. Not sure what I'm having mine with maybe a sweet potato and a veggie like spinach. We watched Twilight New Moon today. I slept in the chair awhile so its been a great day.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

We had a very busy weekend. Eating was less than stellar but the scales were down one this morning so we'll see come weigh in if it catches up with me or not. Eating today was better.

Toni...my guys had pork steak also.

((Everybody)) Looking forward to chatting with ya'll this week.

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #6  

Morning ladies:

Just wanted to check in and say hello. I had a great weekend with my hubby and sons. I can't wait until Wednesday then I am off work until 4/9/10 Yipee!!! The weather here is warming up this week and I will be able to walk on the trail everyday almost. My hubby and I have the same vacation so we plan to have a great time. together.

Have a great day, I will check in later.

Last edited by Mercee; 03-29-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #7  

Good morning. Having my last cup of coffee before I get up and cook breakfast. Think I'll run to town today and get stuff for a salad. Maybe have that with some chicken breasts tonight and spinach. Its beautiful out today.

Mercee- Thats so great you'll get some time off. And your walking plan sounds great.

Crystle- Its good your eating is going well. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Sorry I have been MIA, it has been a crazy last couple of days. No time for a post today. Tomorrow will be better. Just wanted to check in.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #9  

Default Good evening

I had a super fantastic day working in the garden, visiting with my mom and cooking good food. We had beets and beet greens/swish chard along with fish and some whole wheat pasta. Dessert was strawberries with bananas and yogurt. There is still a mess to clean up but I want to pop in and say howdy.

We have more planting to do tomorrow.

((Everybody)) Remember you are the BEST you there is!!

God bless,
Crystle
Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #10  

Well made chicken fajatias for dinner. They weren't very good. Healthy but icky. I ate one and some fat free beans. will be eating them for lunch all week, LOL. Better go clean up....
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #11  

Quick check in for me. We had our granddaughter for the weekend and my MIL was here. The baby is afraid of men, and poor Grandpa could not get within three feet of her without her starting to cry. Thankfully, she warmed up to her Great Grandmama so I had some help. It felt like a very long weekend!

I just got a new book on a diet to help reverse diabetes. It is a low fat, low GI vegan diet and I am 99.9% sure I am going to do it for at least 12 weeks and see what happens. After 12 weeks, I may reintroduce fish, but if it works really great and I can get used to it, I may not.

I need to go get in bed. Tom is already asleep. Will check in tomorrow...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #12  

Default Good morning

Good morning. Today is going to be a busy day so I thought I'd sneak on and post before it got away from me. I forgot to tell ya'll yesterday the beets were from my garden. It is the first time that I grew them. What is really cool is that I have clay and even though it is hard the root veggies do very well. This winter we are going to plant a whole small garden with the beets since they did so well. Not only can we eat them but we can use them as feed. Jess is planting some field corn for me right now. The old timers used to eat it before sweet corn came out. We figured we would give it a try and if we can't eat it it would make good feed. That is if it grows. Corn is one of those veggies I've yet to conquer. Last year we came close but the coons got in it.

Email Tip:
Add, Don't Subtract
Instead of concentrating on cutting foods out of your diet, bring new foods to the table. There are probably a whole slew of fruits and vegetables you've never sampled. In order to prevent yourself from feeling deprived, train yourself to look at all the foods you can eat instead of those you should stay away from. Do some research and give healthy recipes a try. Thanks to the internet, there are thousands of diet-friendly dishes just waiting to be experienced.

I love today's tip. There are so many new things I've tried over the last year that have really added variety to my diet. Even some old things that used to not be my favorites taste different as I've aged.

Ellen..I wish you the best with your new plan. I don't believe I could give up all meat including fish. Though I have thought seriously of giving up most meat. I found some soyriso in the store and my husband just shook his head..LOL I told him I saw a show with it on it and it is suppose to be tasty. We live in such a small area I truly didn't think I'd find any. Then the next time I went to the store not only did I find it it was on sale. Talk about God smiling on us. It was less than two dollars instead of the normal over four dollars. I still need to get those tofu recipes from you.

Solly...hope life is slowing down a bit for you now so you can catch your breath. ((hugzz))

Toni...what did you not like about the fajitas? Maybe if you saute some onions and peppers to go with them....or maybe warm in a little olive oil and more spices? Just a guess. Or maybe throw them in a salad with salsa. Hope you are getting a chance to enjoy this lovely weather.

Bob...are you peepin' in? If so, praying for you and Kate.

Tech...come on lady...come say howdy. ((hugzz))

Mercee...so jealous about your lovely walks. I'd love to trek through the woods and take along my camera. This time of year there are so many photo opportunities. Hope you are having a super day.

HappyNow...Hope you are doing well.

((Everybody)) I appreciate each of you and what you add to this board. As the days get longer and more busy remember to take time for yourself. Enjoy the little things and the big things will work themselves out.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 03-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #13  

Good morning yall....... Just got finished having oatmeal for breakfast. I know boring. Just dreaming of planting things in my pots. And maybe today will get my herb pot ready. Its going to be nearly 80 this week. I know its to early here but can't help getting excited about the thought of home grown tomatoes. LOL...... Going with a friend out for the day tomorrow. It will be so nice to get out for awhile.

Ellen- Hope you got a good nights rest. I just got the Kinder diet book to read. But I still eat meat but wanted to incorporate some veggie meals into my eating plan.

Crystle- Thought todays tip was good too. It was a seasoning packet I used on the fajatias that was awful that I used. I had chicken, onions, and bell pepper in them on a whole wheat tortilla. I shouldn't haven't used the seasoning packet.

Solly- Hope you're having a good day.

Think I need to take a tiny nap. Be back later.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies:

Busy time at work since I will be off until April 12th. Just wanted to check in. I will try and get back later and do individual post.

Ellen- What book are you reading?

Crsytle- Glad you enjoyed you day planting. I wish I had a garden. LOL

Toni- I hate it when I use the wrong seasonings on something. Enjoy your day with your friend. Our weather here should change tommorrow.

Solly- I hope you are having a good day.

Have a great day everyone.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon! I finally heard from the medical equipment company...well, I called them. They had their software fixed so I went over to get my information. Come to find out, the machine they gave me does not give the info I wanted. I was SO mad. They strung me along for THREE weeks, just to tell me it did not. And the doctor told me specifically he was ordering a machine that gave it. So, they gave me a cheaper machine than was prescribed. I can see now why my doctor's office doesn't like this company. They are supposedly going to order and swap the machine for me, but I am not going to hold my breath. Charlatans.

For lunch, I sauteed eggplant and onion with just cooking spray and then a few slices of tofu. It was very satisfying.

I love Tuesdays...I have my oil painting class tonight. I need to think of something for Tom to eat for dinner, then I may take off early so I can be set up and ready to paint before class.

MERCEE: The book is : Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes . So far, its interesting. He gives a scientific cause of insulin resistance, basically too much intra cellular fat, and thus the low fat diet works. I will let you know if it works for me as well as the Type 1 diabetic I met at Whole Foods who told me about the book.

I need to go figure out dinner for my dearly beloved....will check in tomorrow.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote