Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/180

Height: 5' 8''

Default New Girl! 19 yrs old, 50 pounds overweight :/

Hi there!

I'm a 19 year old girl from TN, U.S.A. I'm 50 pounds overweight and I have been overweight since I was about 10 years old. I've never been on a diet before because I thought everyone in my family was "just big", ya know? I always avoided photographs, I avoided going swimming... I didn't like it, but I figured it was just the way I was.

Everything changed when I started dating my boyfriend. He was very slender when we first started talking, with slender sisters, slender family, slender genes. We're together a lot, and he started picking up on my fast food eating habits. Guess what? Yep. He gained almost 60 pounds in 8 months.

That's when I came to the realization that I could lose weight if I stopped eating fast food and stopped drinking sodas probably just as fast as my boyfriend gained the weight. Woohoo, right?

For a week, I ate whole grains and drank water, 2% milk, fruits and vegetables, and I felt very full and proud of myself for slashing my calories, slashing the fat, slashing the sugars and cholesterol waayyy down to much healthier levels. I even look 30 minute walks every other day.

I suffered from drastic caffeine withdraw symptoms from not constantly sipping sodas all day. And after all that, I didn't lose a single pound for the week.

Ah!

That's when I started browsing the internet for help and found this site. It looks pretty awesome to me, and I'm looking forward to writing on the success forum soon :]
Zoeteiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome! Good for you, making the decision to lose weight. It is frustrating when you make healthy changes to your diet and don't lose right away. Even eating healthy you can eat too many calories and still gain. It is important to find a way of eating that will work for you so browse through the forums under diet central and see what type of plan you think would work for you. The main thing is to find a plan that you like and like the food on as this will be a way of eating for the rest of your life, not just a quick fix til you lose the weight. Good Luck!
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Sounds like you are taking some healthier steps.

Don't compare your BF's rate of gain to your rate of loss though. Every one is different and bodies change at their own speed.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/240/180

Height: 5'5"

Your story sounds alot like mine...my whole family is heavy and most of our get-togethers involve food! I'm a old newbie to this site and really feel like this time I HAVE to make it work! Good Luck and hope we can encourage each other...:-)
SouthernGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/180

Height: 5' 8''

Thanks everybody
Zoeteiv is offline   Reply With Quote