Old 03-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/140

Height: 164

Default Im a newby and need some advise on how to get motivated! ideas ? :)

I realllllly want to lose weight, but im really struggling to stop eating biscuits and chocolate, what sort of thing motivates you guys to keep off the junk and keep up the exercise?

Pleaseeeeeee as many ideas as you have!!!!!! Thanksssssss

And also how do i put one of those ticker things on my page

xxx
bibz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #2  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Height: 5'6"

As far as the ticker goes, you have to have 25 posts.... then you can go to http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...r_designer.php to pick one that you like. There may be better tickers somewhere, but I haven't found any...

Motivation:
I hate to admit this, but I bought a bikini. Yes, I said a BIKINI. I will never wear it in public, even if I weighed 100lbs (2 kids and it's not pretty). But I would love to be able to fit into it. (Silly, I know).

And, when the Angel of Oreo Inebriation starts singing my name, I grab water, a peppermint, stick of gum, etc. Anything I can get my hands on that is very low cal and still somewhat satisfying.

I try not to buy the junk. If it's not in the house, you can't eat it.

I know most people swear against it, but I weigh myself everday, sometime 3-4 times a day! It's really curiosity to see what are my heavy times and my light times. This keeps me on track to not snack and over-eat with my main meals. It has really been working for me.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted on your progress (This may sound crazy, but when I get the munchies I come on here and see the words of encouragement and I throw my cravings out the window)

For every 5 lbs lost

Mini Goal 4: 160 - 48lbs to go
Unrealistic Goal?? 155 - 63lbs to go

Last edited by BrittanieYork; 03-27-2010 at 05:01 PM.
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Stop buying them, if you normally get them at the store don't put them in your cart, if you are getting them at the vending machine at work stop bringing cash, and so on.

Chips used to be my weakness and so I stopped buying them, along with all the other junk food I could think of.

I too weigh in almost daily. Usually every morning unless I'm in a hurry.

Last edited by beerab; 03-27-2010 at 05:01 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/140

Height: 164

ahhhh thanks for the ideas guys!
No more snacks will be entering my cupboard and the tip[ about the mint and water is really good!

Think i'll invest in new scales for my room at uni!

xx
bibz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Not bringing it into the house is very good advice that I heed.

I also found substitutes. I crave sweets too but I have found a big bowl of fruit and dressing it with a low cal pudding or greek yogurt really works for me. Very low in calories (about 150, depending on what I choose--sometimes it's less), and satisfying. I'm getting in some valuable nutrition and fiber while taking care of the 'sweet fix'.

I used to have baked goods almost every day. Now, it's a rare event and I don't miss it.

My solution wouldn't work for everyone, but I thought I'd just share what's working for me.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote