Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Talking Lets share ....

What will be the most important thing that you have learn during your weight lose journey.

I remember doing diet or wether is call .... and my first cheat and there goes my effort . Now I can cheat 1 or 2 or even more , and the next day I will be on plan like a normal day ..... that is the most important " tool " ... for my WL journey.

Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I really think that is the most important thing I've learned about weight loss.
if I have a bad day and skip the gym or eat 3 slices of pizza IT"S OK. If I don't lose weight one week IT'S OK. I don't have to be on my game 24/7. As long as I make good choices more often than I don't, and exercise more often than I don't I will lose weight.

I also learned that I don't have to eat salad all day( I don't like salad) There are healthy foods I enjoy and I don't have to eat food just because it's "good for me" Also, I don't have to love running, or aerobics classes to get in shape, there ARE many many ways to exercise and gain speed/strength and I can choose to do whatever I want.

So for me losing weight involves eating healthy/exercising. But it is MY choice on what that means to me.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I think the most important thing I learned is that I made a lifestyle change, not a 'diet'. The way I'm eating now is for life. I always thought a diet was horrible and difficult, hence me never even attempting to lose weight. Just by changing my eating habits (eating proper portions, making healthier choices, calorie counting) and getting a bit more exercise I've lost weight and am a whole lot healthier.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #4  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I have to agree with you ladies. Now that I am practically at goal, I have learned that it's ok to go "off plan" as long as I am back in the saddle the next day. But I also have a plan of action if I get too far above my "red line" on the scale. I do not have to be someone who gains all the weight back!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I don't know that I can say one thing I have learned is more important than any other thing I've learned... but I can share the couple I think have been the best help with my losses and will continue to help me.
I've learned a lot about food! I've tried new veggies, invested in fruits I like, lean cuts of meat, etc. I've learned how they affect my body and have chosen to stop eating certain foods just because of how I feel afterward (ie: cake, cookies... they all make me feel sick).
I've also learned I LOVE to run! It's a real perk because now I look forward to my work-outs. I run just to enjoy it now... and that, my friends, is the best gift I've given myself in this journey.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #6  
flexitarian

S/C/G: 207/142/138

Height: 5'4"

I have learned so much. Moderation is a major thing. I learned that I can have 1 slice of pizza and a huge salad and be just as full as if I had 3 slices of pizza.

I have also tried so many new healthy foods: kale, parsnips, barley, eggplant, soy pasta... etc

I have also learned the importance of drinking water
amaniesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #7  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

^yesss that is so big

i used to have a bad meal and then say ohhh okay so i guess i'll just binge because today is lost. erm.... wtf?

the thing i'm TRYING to make myself believe (learn) is that i should really enjoy myself at ANY weight. i look back and think of times when i wouldnt get the really cute dress or whatever because i didnt think i could pull it off... or deserve it at a certain weight, and then i look back and think what the **** was i thinking? i was cute!
IcassiopeiaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I think that's probably my most important discovery as well! Have an off day? Okay! As long as it's not all the time and the majority of my decisions are good ones..... it's O.K.A.Y.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie789 View Post
I think the most important thing I learned is that I made a lifestyle change, not a 'diet'. The way I'm eating now is for life. I always thought a diet was horrible and difficult, hence me never even attempting to lose weight. Just by changing my eating habits (eating proper portions, making healthier choices, calorie counting) and getting a bit more exercise I've lost weight and am a whole lot healthier.
Ditto for me!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

I totally agree with everyone.
What I have really learned is that if you never stop trying you'll never fail. Having a bad day or a bad weigh in on the scale isn't the end of the world and doesn't make me a failure. Plus I have discovered if I have a week where I lose very little or even gain a tad, if I jump back on plan right away I usually have a huge loss the following week. Everything evens out in the end as long as you don't give up!
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #11  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I think the biggest thing that I have learned is that if I've lost it once, I can lose it again.

I know that sounds bad, because no one wants to gain it all back and have to lose it again...but that's not what I'm talking about...

If I REALLY want to have an off plan day, or go to a party, or eat this, or drink that...its not THAT big of a deal. I just have to weigh myself the next morning, hold myself accountable for the damage, and work to lose whatever I gained back again...instead of ignoring it and pretending it will go away.

If you slip up and gain 5 pounds, it is NOT the end of the world. You can lose it again.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I have learned that beating myself up over how fat I am or how I am not in shape is no way to live. When I am being healthy I may still be big and I may not be in the best shape but just because I am being healthy I feel better about myself.
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote