Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/244.5/175

Height: 5'7"

Default nervous about body changes with weight loss

Hi,

It's my first time back here after quite a few years ago when I tried to lose weight then. I've been so much more successful now losing weight ever since I got a personal trainer.

I've lost some weight, around 25 lbs, enough to notice the change in my clothes. I used eating to deal with my negative emotions, and also to keep people away. I'm having a hard time getting used to the changes in how my clothes look and how my body feels. It's so different now. I have PTSD from sexual abuse, so it's so easy to use my extra weight as "protection." And now I'm stripping it away. I've been trying to ignore it but when I get surprised by something new I didn't notice before, it can be a shock.

I can't seem to adjust to this. I'm adjusting well to working out, lifting weights, and eating well. Just not very well related to my body itself.

Any suggestions for me?
marronyeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think it will all come together for you in time. You've adjusted to several important changes ... you can adjust to more.

Keep doing your good work!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote