General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 10:13 AM   #1  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Doing our own thing #4

Are you all with me?

Good! We are picking up some steam now with Fall coming upon us. Time to get ourselves organized and ready for the winter.

Let's chat!

Welcome to our new friends, DeadNurseWife and BrighterDays!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Tiffany
Old 09-04-2002, 10:22 AM   #2  

Ok, now that the thread is up and running, I can try to focus on posting some thoughts.

As far as the Sept 11th baby, maybe I am weird but I see that as a symbol of hope and of life continuing and moving on.

As far as my DIET goes, (trying to keep up with the subject at hand) I did VERY well yesterday and planned out my menu today, which sometimes helps me. Leaving room for snacks at the end of the day, if I still feel like I need them. I plan a good healthy menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner and some daytime snacks, and sometimes I just don't eat my snack and save it for later in the day. Some people don't like the routine of planing their food out, and I don't ALWAYS like that, but sometimes, when things are getting out of hand, I like the FORMALITY of looking at the sheet and seeing my meals there and my calories/points on the sheet. Plus, it really does help me while I am at work to take my lunch and snacks, so I am not tempted to eat out. (Duh, like I'm not ALWAYS tempted to eat out.)

Anyway, I agree with whoever mentioned the cooking. I love to cook in the winter, big pots of soup, and casseroles. I need to find my recipes from WW. I have a great one for Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli, that I substituted Green Giant Crumbles for the ground beef, and after cooking in that heavenly broth for so long, you can't tell it isn't real beef. Lots of beans, tomatos, carrots, onion, spice....a little pasta....yummy. And it makes a TON. I'll have to dig it out.

Anyway, I will be checking in on you all, things are good here at work so far. Slow, KNOCK ON WOOD.

Hugs to my buddies. (I am too lazy to go back through the old thread to do shoutouts.) Y'all know I love you.
Tiffany
Old 09-04-2002, 10:31 AM   #3  

Tiff, when you dig out that recipe please share. I could eat soup seven days a week when the weather is cool. I love Olive Garden soup and salad lunches. We don't have one within 150 miles mind you, but we stop there when we can while traveling. Funny, but I never want or even think about soup or chili during warm weather.

Something weird about my computer today, I keep typing and the darn thing just mis-spells everthing. Having one of those days I guess.

Last edited by SEMO; 09-04-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:00 AM   #4  

I'll do that when I get home. I have it tucked away somewhere. With the rest of my dusty recipes.

Ahhh, I LOVE Olive Garden. My FAV. And if you hear a rumor that a woman looking somewhat like me and a handsome man were indulging at Red Lobster and having drinks last week, it is a HORRIBLE, UGLY lie.

Oh Semo...I think that your problem can be attributed to User Error. LOL....happens to the best of us!

Ahhhh...what a glorious day. Semo, where in Missouri are you? Close enough to run over to Silver Dollar City and get me some Kettle Corn? Naahhhh, never mind. I don't need it. LOL

Tiff
Old 09-04-2002, 11:03 AM   #5  

Tiff: I'm on the other side of Missouri, Southeast thus SEMO. How about you, what part of the state?
Old 09-04-2002, 11:21 AM   #6  

DANG. I was secretly hoping that you WERE near Branson. My best friend in the world lives there and I go there often. I thought maybe I would pop in and have lunch with you. LOL...

I am in the heart of Illinois. About 3 hours from St. Louis and about 2.5 hours from Chicago and about 2 hours from Indianapolis. So, I can go all directions. LOL....

And Semo, I like your sig line. Great quote. That really applies to all areas of our lives, not just dieting.

Ok, this feels like Friday to me, that will hurt me tomorrow. LOL, when I have to get up and realize that it is only Thursday. YIKES!

Tiff
Old 09-04-2002, 11:27 AM   #7  

Hi All!
I'm sneak'n in here real quick before I have to pick up my little one from kindergarten. I went to the grocery store. It's not such a horrid place w/o kids. I filled the grill propane one last time, and picked up food to cook on the grill. DH usually helps with the grilling. Gotta like that.
I think I need to take measurements...weight staying the same, but jeans are loose. hmmm.
Semo, I would have never figured out that one...Southeast MO. doh!
Off to fetch the kidlen...
Old 09-04-2002, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

I wanna play.....I wanna play.......

Tiff ~ I agree with you on the whole baby thing. Hope springs eternal. Okay. nough said. Have you been drinking the debil juice? I know ya hate, but you yourself said that you cold tell the difference. Speaking of water, having you been keeping up the tally on the challenge? I know I've blown it too many days. . Oh well, what cha gonna do? I'm just gonna jump back on the wagon.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off. Have to take DH to the aiport for his interview and watch the kids. I'm hoping against all hope that I'll be able to stay OP. Sometimes home is an evil, evil place . Snack foods keep whispering my name.....I swear. Everytiime I walk past the kitchen I hear them, dddyyyyaaannn.....dddyyyaannn. Yikes, I have to run not walk past that room which is possessed by the debil snacks!

Other than that, life is grand. Kaleigha is rolling over and even gets on her hands and knees. I tell ya, it takes everything I have not to pull her legs out from under her . Evil mommy........She's too young to mobile, damn it.

Sounds like everyone's having a pretty good day. Hello......can anybody come out and play?
Old 09-04-2002, 11:39 AM   #9  

Tiff, if your from the city that the tornado went through a few years back then we're not so far apart. In fact DH and I go there to the Lee outlet store about once every six months to restock his bluejeans.

Hi Tigerlily, do take your measurements, I was at a stall for several weeks weight wise but was losing inches at the same time. I really don't care what I weigh I just want to wear a loose twelve.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:47 AM   #10  

Hi gang. Dyan, I AM drinking the Debil Juice. I can hear that guy in Waterboy saying, "YOU can DOOO IT, You can do it ALLLLL night long."

And I am keeping up on the tally. Cafe is MIA lately and with Jello gone...and Kayla out....we are dropping in number. I will update tonight when I get home, it's all on disk and I will post the updated totals tonight sometime. Ok?

Ahh...the only reason I drank the water today, is that my throat gets so dry while answering all these calls and the water helps better than hard candy. I actually sucked one down my throat a few days ago and thought I was done for. LOL....

But I am to stubborn to die over a piece of candy for craps sake.

Tiff
Old 09-04-2002, 12:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Too stubborn to die....bbbaaahhhhaaaaa , espeically over a piece of candy. Can you imagine the headlines?

Man, I've gotten 48oz this morn and am doing the dance .

Gotta gggooooo
Old 09-04-2002, 02:17 PM   #12  

WHAT I returned from lunch and no new post. What's up with that?
Old 09-04-2002, 02:38 PM   #13  

We are all full of water and resting up. LOL, or else we are full of something else. LOL....I am sleepy now, after lunch. I need a nap, waiting for my second wind to kick in. LOL...

Not looking good. No wind in sight.

Tiff...
Fighting to stay awake.

Anyone have any great websites that they like? Maybe I can check them out.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:43 PM   #14  

American Idol has a website I'll be glad when it's over so I can quit obsessing about it. Then maybe I can get back to obsessing about my "way of life".
Old 09-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #15  

I'm still having trouble...what is better for me....natural or fatfree? I have more time to ponder this issue when I'm grocery shopping w/o the kids. Me, standing in the isle, reading labels. Looking like a deer in the headlights.
Closed Thread