Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #1  

Smile Chicago Chicks Club Challenge! Yipeee!

Hi all. A few of us met in the Introduction sub-forum and discussed starting a Chicago Chicks Club. This club is open to all people with an emphasis on those living in or near Chicago or are former residents.

Not only will the club provide support, but it will be a great way to make local friends and even possibly arrange meet-ups for activities! Perhaps you'll be able to meet someone who will become your "real life" workout buddy

Feel free to post your name, location, and any other information you care to share. Apologies if there is already a Chicago Club at 3fc. I did what I felt was an extensive search for one and came up with nothing.

Thanks!!
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/211/190

Height: 5'3

Yay, I am hoping this will bring in more local people..

! The weather is looking gloomy this morning, I am looking forward to nicer days!

Well I hope you have an awesome day, keep up with yer exercise, and your food intake
LitaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

I just found this site today. I was hoping to find some people in the area, so thanks for starting this up. I live in Chicago in the Edison Park area. A little about me...I started trying to lose weight after last Christmas (2008) when I reached my all time high and broke 200 lbs. I lost 10 lbs on my own, then I joined WW last March and got down to about 170 by August 2009, but I kind of lost motivation. I managed to maintain the 170 through the holidays, but in the last 3 months, I've put back on 12 lbs. So I am ready to start trying again and am in need of motivation, challenges, recipes, encouragement, understanding...whatever
cr8sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #4  

Hello Ladies!!

Thank you for responding. I'm sure as time goes by, more people from the Chicago area will run into our little club. Any big plans for the weekend? I am eagerly awaiting next weekend when we'll have temperatures in the 70s!!! (Assuming the meteorologists are correct with their predictions).

My goal for today: walk 2 miles, do the Jillian Michaels 20 minute workout, and do a Maura Barclay 30 minute stretch/yoga workout. My eating goal: NOT to eat out, and to eat in, making fresh from scratch meals.

What are your goals?

Bye for now!
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/182/150

Height: 5'6"

My goal for the week is to not eat out (which is a really tough one for me.) And, to exercise at least 3 times this week. I planned out a week of recipes and went to the grocery store this morning, so hopefully I can stay on track. I cannot wait for warmer weather either!
cr8sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote