Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default Help with resistance workouts

Ok, I have a big problem when doing resistance workouts, that is I get REALLY bored with them easily. I just can't seem to find the motivation to do them, I'll start and then get bored with the reps. I like to dance and move so being stationary just kills me. I know I need to do resistance training, but are there anyways I can incorporate them into a dance routine or something so I don't get bored? I really need to add some resistance to my lower body.

I found my LOVE in cardio with dancing ie DDR or Zumba, but still need to find something I look forward to in the weight training department.

Think you gals can help.
RedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Have you looked at Crossfit?
http://www.crossfit.com/

I'd look into some functional fitness/intervals type work. Crossfit is pretty intense and challenging.

I like kettlebells myself because although you are standing in place, it is fun but that is just me
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #3  

Thank you Nelie, that is more of my speed, i'll try to find some functional exercises they seem to interest me the most. Crossfit sounds interesting but the site is way to confusing for me to understand and I don't have that kind of money to join a membership.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It takes a bit of reading through but if you look on the left side where it says 'start here', it'll give you a decent idea. They basically post a workout every day and then there is a forum that scales the workout to different levels.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #5  

Yea, that's where I went after reading the FAQ. Still confused though, and even though they say you can do these at home, certain equipment is needed, to do these exercises.

I'm still doing google searches for functional fitness on something I would like.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

You could also alternate some basic resistance exercises with your favourite dance moves.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
You could also alternate some basic resistance exercises with your favourite dance moves.
This is a great idea. Kinda of like Curves (which I'm not recommending here). They do an exercise, then 30 sec of movement. You could do this as well, adding in the dancing at the end of each set, or after every x number of exercises! Are you working out at a gym? You'd want some good music on your iPod or MP3, and you might get some strange looks, but the heck with them. Many gyms offer a class called body pump or body sculpting which use weights and are done to music. Might be an alternative. I don't think they use high enough weights to be all of your resistance training, but a good substitute some days.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #8  

I found some dance videos online that have some body resistance training "hidden" within the workout. But I know its still not enough so despite my protest I still do the resistance workout with the bands. *sighs* Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #9  

gracewhite I have tried CLX, but I don't have the weights to do it. Nor the money to spend on it. I tried the resistance bands but I was not being challenged and the workout seemed easy.