Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Default I am NOT surprised.

Well, sisters in the struggle--I am not surprised.

I have been so stressed the last 4-6 weeks. I am in the middle of a very difficult move and basically doing it on my own since hubby is so busy and away and blah, blah, blah. Since I am a creature of habit, I have also been experiencing stress mentally. The result? EATING and WEIGHT GAIN! For a couple of weeks I cut way back on my workouts and made excuses. I also overate--healthily but overeating still the same and way too many PROCESSED complex carbs.

Finally, I had enough. I forced myself onto the scale. I had gained FIVE pounds. My fave jeans are really snug and I knew what I had been doing and I also knew I had avoided the scale like the plague. So, yep. No surprise. No, it wasn't and isn't sodium. It isn't my cycle. It's my old friend--FAT!

I am happy to report I am back on the wagon. I am down -2 now with three more to go. Many of you know how slow these last few pounds have been for me. The fact I have regained is hard for me to accept but I know I have done it myself.

I am back to my workouts. Back to avid calorie counting and food journaling. And althogh my move isn't finished I am going to make a concerted effort to be here at 3FC more.

Love you guys and thanks for reading. Mary
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Mary - WTG jumping on that scale to assess the damage and getting back on track!!! As I'm sure you already know, the hardest part is to start again so you're doing great!
ps - Good luck with the moving, I just hate packing and unpacking.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Sorry you are going through this, but I think it's a good reminder for all of us that we have to be diligent about this forever. Glad you are finding a way to get back on track even with the extra stress!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  

I have to say, congratulations for getting back on track! Just think - 5 pounds is MUCH more manageable than 10, or 20! You did a great job realizing that you needed to stop doing what you were doing. You stepped it up before the issue got too bad, and that needs to be acknowledged.

Way to go!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

This is precisely why I think one of the biggest factors in my current success is that I face the scale daily! There's no fear of stepping on it because it's what I do. (But that's another topic. )

You jumped right back in with really no time off. That's so wonderful! My fall-offs have always been much more dramatic. So glad you're back on it now before it got really bad! And good for you for noticing the difference in the pants and doing something about it instead of reaching for a size up.

I think you've done a lot of things right.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Ladies. Thank you for all the encouragment. Eliana, on my way down I did do the scale daily. I agree with you there. Now, I typically weigh about twice a week. My five pound gain was about 2-3 weeks worth of damage and while I wasn't weighing during that time, there was never a bite I took that I didn't think about what the overeating was doing.

This experience has really brought home to me how much this REALLY is a journey. S**t happens in life. But I will NOT let it pull me down and keep me there anymore.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

Mary, I'm so glad you were able to get back on plan so quickly. I had a tough move last fall and I fell of the wagon hard and ate to deal with the stress and emotions. It took me a few months and +28lbs. to get myself together. I am sorry you had a rough move. I hope you get settled in quickly.
Keep fighting the good fight!

Last edited by mkyice; 03-24-2010 at 09:35 PM.
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

I'm having a hard time getting back on track after a short vacation.Started tracking again Monday but strayed,everyday there's been something in my way(like last night I only got about 3 hours of sleep cuz I had to be up @ 3 & had a hard time going to sleep,tossed & turned)Also haven't been grocery shopping yet either,just been picking up a few things to get by.I weighed myself & I've gained 6 pounds!Very dissapointed,but knew it was coming. I need a good swift kick in the booty!Plus no support here at home is depressing.
Thanks for letting me come here.
beliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

You're on it Ok, I'll throw in a broccoli too
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Awww, don't lose hope. You are doing great. It's only a few pounds, and you are being proactive about getting back on the wagon.
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote