Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/216/160

Height: 5'9 and a half!

Smile Hey y'all!

Hello

I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm excited about hearing stories that will inspire me and to read about exercises and recipes I can try! I just had my 27th bday 2 days ago and I decided it's time to lose this weight! I WAS thin without exercising and eating what i wanted all my life. High school I weighed about 118, throughout college I fluctuated, but never went above 135. But when I graduated in 2006, I started ballooning! I have gained about 65 lbs in the last 4 years! It just silently crept up on me. I think the weight gain was due to a lower metabolism and being less active, but still keeping the same "I EAT WHAT I WANT" diet. I didn't notice all the weight I gained until about 2 years ago. Well, I'm read to do something about it. I installed the LoseIt app on my phone and I have been counting calories and I'll be exercising as well (jogging, roller derby, walking). I'm excited about sharing my results with all of you and learning some tips along the way!

Do any of you have the loseit app? let me know your info and I'll add you as a friend!
darling320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #2  
Sammie Fields

S/C/G: 90kg

Height: 182cm

Welcome to the forum darling320, it's nice to see that you've decided to get a handle on this. I myself have counted calories before, and looking back it seems doing so is the only thing that helped me. I stopped counting calories for 2 reasons, 1: it was bothersome and I have a busy job, 2: I came across a lot of weight loss books that kept saying you don't need to count calories.

The amount of weight I lost by counting calories was just amazing, and I felt great too! It was all from a little book called burn the fat feed the muscle. I need to start up on the calorie counting again. I don't have this phone app, I used to use a notepad and pen :s
sammiefields2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/216/160

Height: 5'9 and a half!

Hi Sammie and thanks!

I also carry around a little notebook. I've been writing it down there and transferring it to the app when I get a chance. It's nice to have a paper record of it too.

darling320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #4  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!!! Great job on taking the first step to getting healthy! Sounds like you have an iPhone? If so, another cool app is Nike+. If you have Nike+ Shox, there's a gadget you can buy and stick in your shoe. It syncs up with the app on your phone/ipod, and it tracks everything! I loooove it so much! It tells me how many calories I'm burning, my pace, shuffles my music, etc.

Good luck with your journey!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #5  
Sammie Fields

S/C/G: 90kg

Height: 182cm

Good job! You keep up the good work. My trouble is I'm extremely busy with my career at the moment (I Know, I know, excuses....). I'm making a HUGE transition from a career I've been in all my life to one I know very little about, and just don't have the time or energy to monitor my calorie intake. But I know that if you want to really trim down in a way that's GUARANTEED to work, you MUST count your calories. If you know how to work out your daily caloric requirements, and be sure to not eat more than that AND exercise, then there's no way you can fail!

Don't let go of the notepad whatever you do! That was probably the biggest mistake I made with regards to my weight loss goals.
sammiefields2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #6  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Darling320! Congrats on your decision to do something. I'm looking forward to getting motivation from this site too!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote