Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 11:27 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#208

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:28 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just checked in before turning in Found we needed a new thread. If you missed the second page on the other thread, please make sure to go back and catch it.

Do you like the apple core welcome for back to school?

See you all in the morning.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:30 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Default It's the old third shifter......

Hello to all of my sweeties. How are you today? Wonderful, I hope. I am at work right now, but not for long. I only have about an hour and a half left... Woo Hoo! Today has been kind of a crazy day. My older son stayed out of school as he is now sick and decided he would keep me "company" while I was trying to sleep. Isn't he sweet? He is feeling a little better though and I will have to see whether I will let him stay out another day or not. I am so very excited! I got a puppy!

She is absolutely precious! Her mama was a weinie dog and her dad was a chinese pug. She will not get very big and is adorable. We named her Daisy. It really fits her. She is only about 7 weeks old, so I am now going through the thrill of house breaking. Pray for me!

I know this post isn't very long, but I am about to die to go to the bathroom. (I know you wanted to know that) So I will go for now and try to catch you later. to all!
Old 09-04-2002, 07:54 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Quick post
Welcome Lemons
Not much going on
Old 09-04-2002, 08:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

mornin,

So far so good today. It feels like another successful one.

TINA: The puppy sounds adorable. Good Luck sleeping during the day as it gets older and wants to PLAY ALL DAY!

I may take a walk on my lunch 1/2 hour. It's supposed to be beautiful today.

Have a great day!
Old 09-04-2002, 10:13 AM   #6  

Angry Good morning ladies!

I'm just making a quick post (not as quick as Mary's) and popping in the shower. The "cable-modem-guy" is coming between 11 and 2 pm to do something-or-other. I think he's replacing our cable modem. Our so called continuous service has a habit of going down momentarily which annoys my hubby to no end but doesn't really bother me. His new favorite passtime is waiting on hold to report outages! That said, we DO pay A LOT for the service we have and it would be nice if it worked as flawlessly as promised!

Today is Weigh-In Wednesday and there is no change as I've been weighing myself all week. The needle on the scale has been stuck at 60 pounds lost for a few days now even though my eating has been *perfect*. I DO have that annoying monthly visitor right now and am hoping to report a significant loss next week. I am so anxious to lose weight; I have so little patience!

Baylee... Maybe I SHOULD make an doctor's appointment for my hubby shortly. That's a good idea that very well may kick him into action! I think he thinks he's safe just because he's only 27 and his family has always been very healthy. He's very wishy-washy on the diet issue. One night he'll say "If I just was a bit more careful about what I ate and worked out at a gym a bit more, I'd be set!" Then... the next day, he'll sneak out to a chinese lunch buffet with co-workers!

AND, Baylee, you are SO right about teaching our future children proper eating habits by example! While I was a happy, well-adjusted child, for the most part, some of my most painful memories (starting in Junior High or slightly before) have to do with being overweight. I do NOT want this, or worse, for my children!

Tina... The puppy DOES sound cute! I'm sure he'll sometimes make you want to pull your hair out, and you'll swear as you're cleaning up his hair and taking him for walks in the middle of winter BUT, in the end, you'll wonder how you ever lived without this sweet, little puppy!

Oh! I really gotta go now unless I plan to greet the cable modem guy in my silk housecoat! "Oh... I completely forgot you were coming today" *incense and candles lit in the background* "Silly me! Well... seeing as how this bottle is already on ice, would you like a glass of wine?"

Toodles,
Sara
Old 09-04-2002, 10:37 AM   #7  

SARA, You are soooo bad! Go get dressed RIGHT NOW!!!

j-ann
Old 09-04-2002, 12:16 PM   #8  

Smile Holy! Hot Hunk of Burnin' Love!

I'm still in awe! The cable-modem-guy turned out to be this completely hot, built, dark, 6 foot 2, just-stepping-off-the-cover-of-a-romance-novel babe! I was shocked when I opened the door! I thought someone had sent me a strip-o-gram! The muscles in his arm rippled when picked up his tool box! I could hardly speak!
I have never before had a such a GORGEOUS man in my house. PLUS, he was SOOOO charming.

"Excuse me miss? Could I just take a peek at the electrical box?"

Me: "Ahh... sss...ss..sure. It's in the back room."

Him: "There just seems to be a lot of electricity in the air... I just wanna know if it's the box, or you..."

Gotcha! Had you guys hanging on my every word, didn't I?! The cable-modem-guy was a little, nerdy, shy guy but I thought I'd spice him up a bit!

J-Ann... Me? Bad? I don't know what you're talking about!

TTFN
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 09-04-2002 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:05 PM   #9  

BAYLEE....Journaling and pre-planning WILL GET EASIER!

If you're having trouble finding enough food to get into your point range switch some "diet" stuff to "real" stuff. Things like salad dressing, breads, jellies, even butter/marg.- that you might be using a low cal./fat version of. That should bring you right up into your range. Try to eat above your min. pts. each day. When I'm being really true to the program I find I lose best eating in the upper range of my points rather than banking points for a splurge during the week. After a few weeks you'll have so many food=pts. memorized it'll make planning/journaling go along really quickly.

Be sure to DRINK YOUR WATER & at least for a while MEASURE YOUR PORTIONS and you'll do just fine.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

j-ann
Old 09-04-2002, 03:25 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good day, everyone! Hope you are all doing wonderfully. I had a nice lunch job out with my son today. I behaved with a grilled chicken salad and then blew it on a piece (well, 1/2 a piece, shared with son) of to-die-for Dulce De Leche Cheesecake! Yum!

We have a dinner job tonight too. Boy, this is the week for eating out. I guess it's feast or famine here on the 'eating jobs'!

J-ann: These Icicle Pansies are actually bred in Ontario, just west of Toronto. They are bred especially for the colder climates. Guess I better get mine planted. They're still in their little pots on the front porch. They do just about everything else, but I don't think they will plant themselves! Sounds like with the addition of the weight training you'll be really losing! Hope you like the class.

Baylee: I'm glad you liked going to WW. The points thing will get easier and easier as the days go on. I do have one suggestion that really helps me, even now. When you buy something, or even the stuff that's already in your cupboard, go through and use a black magic marker to write the points right on the box. Like your snack crackers, instant potatoes, pancake mix, cookies, whatever. Write on the box: 1/2 cup = 3 points, 2 cookies = 3 points, etc. It will make life a whole lot easier. You won't have to look the stuff up time after time. And if you go to eat out and have like your favorite meal each time you go to one particular restaurant, figure up the points on one of the blank pages in the back of the book and then each time that you go to that restaurant and have your favorite thing, you don't have to refigure the whole meal all over again. P.S. I would definately be returning the book if the pages are falling out of it, you paid enough for it. As for the pansies, go to the website I gave you www.iciclepansies.com they have a store locator on the site so you can find a store that carries them near you.

Tina: The puppy sounds adorable! You will definately have your hands full. Most of the time babies have their days and nights mixed up as it is, this poor puppy won't have a clue with everybody in your house coming and going at all different hours!

Mary: Glad you got a chance to breeze in here. Take care of yourself.

Sara: Honey, you are just too much! I see there is now real healthy competition for the funniest story here. You really had me going.

Well girls, I think it's time to put a load of clothes in. I'm on hold for my 'season pass' sale of prepaid coupons for WW. I only have 4 coupons left so I will use them in January and use the 'season pass' for this fall. Catch up with you all later.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:34 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Well ladies lets see if I can post more than a second..

Work went fine today but we were busy.
We had 2800 people come in the Library in August

I really enjoy my job.
I am still at around 195 which I guess is good since I have been eating out a lot.

Son still hasn't found a job but I guess we are in a job slump around here. Maybe he will find one soon.

I cooked black beans and rice with sausage for DH and son tonight. I had a lean quisine meal bowl which was ok

Is this a long enough post? Just kidding I love all you guys. I need all of you to stay on my case. Hope all og you have a good night. I promise I'll try to post more.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:32 PM   #12  

Oh, Baylee, Why do you ask? is so perfect...I just read it so I didn't get to use it but will keep it in my brain. It's one of those things where I KNOW she is trying to find a time to corner me. The problem is two of the "babies" (okay a little prejudicial) that work for her are in there tattleing and rattleing the cage on a daily basis and I think SHE thinks that is the way to find out what is going on rather than actually SUPERVISING...hey, Tina, now I have supervisor trouble. Anyway, today whenever there was a lull and could see the wheels in her head start to work I brought up: So did you see the tornado in Wisconsin; or When did this bank start up in business; etc.....

I can't believe how tired I am....I just heard my farmer neighbor go by on his tractor....I guess I shouldn't complain.

I talked to an old friend tonight who thinks I should be a prison guard and is going to bring me an application.....this could be interesting.

Tina: Those hunk pictures you found...I think they are the ones my friend sent me...it is "Pick a Box any Box"......and oooohhhhhh mmmmmyyyyyy all 22 boxes have GREAT surprises.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:13 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Mary: OMG, We were all just kidding about your itty bitty post. Hope you didn't take offense. * Sounds like your library was one busy place in August! My goodness! Isn't it nice to love your job?

Baylee: Sorry you don't get no pansies! I planted mine tonight after I found several of them in the flat pretty wilted. I figured I better get them in the ground. I didn't want their 'cute little faces' to turn to frowns! * As for the black beans and corn, a local Mexican restaurant used to serve a relish made out of black beans, corn and salsa. But the salsa seemed to be drained as it was not very liquidy. (Is liquidy a word?) Anyway, nice vegetable, great fiber! * The meatloaf recipe sounds great. 3 WW points per serving, or did you figure that out?

LuckyLadyBug: A prison guard???? Now there's a great way to meet men!

Lemons: Boy, I hope we didn't scare you away already!

2cute: When are you coming home, girlfriend????

Ok, girls, nighty night!
Old 09-05-2002, 03:50 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Hello all my friends.....how are you this evening, or morning I guess I should say. You guys are going to have to kick my butt and get me back in gear. I'm doing great at posting......at least better, but I need to get the food thing back in line again. I don't think if I live to be a hundred that I will ever figure ME out. One day I am full of inspiration and I have a wonderful day and the next day I'm eating dumplings. Go figure. I have still lost about 50 pounds from my starting point, but my weight is slowly but surely going back up. I can feel it. Exercise is almost nothing. It's like I want to lose this weight more than anything, yet I don't want to lose it bad enough to try. I guess I'm just in one of those slumps. I keep telling myself it will get better. I hope it does. I don't want to undo all of the good I have done. And please, don't get offended anyone. WW is a WONDERFUL program. Truly, it is the only program that has ever worked for me, but I'm getting tired of counting points. Does that sound nuts? Sometimes I just want to try something different. Sometimes I just want to be really strict with myself and drink 3 Slimfasts a day and that's it. But I know that is not smart and not healthy. Why does food have to be so good and so tempting? Why do I not have control over my life? Ahhhh, the question the day? Why do we overeat? If I had all the answers I needed, I wouldn't be this overweight. I just need a little jumpstart, I guess. I think we all need that every now and again, don't we? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thin: Sounds like you had a nice lunch with your son and I'm sure that little 1/2 piece of cheesecake didn't hurt you a bit. By the way, what is a season pass at WW? I don't think I've heard of that. I've been thinking about doing WW online and just weighing myself, but I'm going to need to buy a new scale. Mine is the pits. Last time I weighed myself and then went to WW, it was 20 lbs. off. What a let down! I'm not sure if it will work or not though. I do really like having to "answer to" someone at WW, and I am too totally easy on myself!

Lucky: Hmmm.......a prison guard, huh? Would definitely be a way to meet a lot of men. Not sure if these are the kind of men you want to meet though. Just play it cool with your supervisor if you can. I know it's tough to be in that type of situation. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Baylee: I'm glad that you are getting away this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful time at your plays. You were talking about the exercise thing........have you ever tried Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds"? They are awesome. Very easy and very low impact. You should try them!

Mary: My goodness.........sounds like you've been busy. And to be honest with you, I like your little short posts. Don't get me wrong.......I LOVE your long ones. But when I see the short ones, I know you didn't have a lot to say, but were just checking in with us and that is the most important thing. We love you!

SaraJoy: You are soooo bad! You had me laughing myself silly! I love your sense of humor. Good luck at WI (not Wisconsin). Try not to get discouraged. I'm a fine one to talk though, aren't I? I don't have a lot of room to give advice. I'm really good at giving it, but I can't follow it myself! Sometimes we lose in inches and not in pounds. You are doing awesome girl. Keep it up!

J-Ann: How are you doing today my friend? I'm sure keeping busy, as usual. You gave some really good advice to Baylee. I think I will steal it myself and try to get motivated.

Kat: Where are you.......you evil little chicken. We waited forever for you to come home and I expect POSTS, POSTS.....POSTS! I missed you tons and I need a "Kat" fix. Get your lazy butt out of the bed and come talk to us! I ya girl.

Lemon: Welcome to our little home away from home. You will fit right in. Post and post often. That's the best way to get to know one another!

2cute: Where the heck are you? Just exactly how long do you need to take a vacation? We need you. I hope your having fun. Enjoy yourself, but come home soon!

To everyone else: Hello and come out.....come out.....wherever you are! I'm gonna hop off here for now. In case your wondering, me and Daisy are getting along just fine. She is 12 weeks old, so she is not a young puppy, but is still very small. She has only had one accident in the house and it was on the kitchen floor and it was my fault. I knew she had drank a lot of water and she was whimpering a little, and I was busy and should have had MY butt in gear. Much to all and I will see you tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Oh no I didn't take offense.
I seem to be so busy lately.
I had dumplings for lunch yesterday . My aunt called and invited me to lunch she knows I love her chicken and dumplings. She is 87.

The director of the library is going to be in house today interviewing some applicants for the children's librarian job. So I have to be on my best behaviour.

I have a friends of the library meeting tonight we are planning some fund raisers.

Well I have to go shower and eat breakfast.
Closed Thread