Old 03-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/186/160

Height: 5ft 9

Post Day 1 Anxious and Frustrated

Signed up today with my husband,....today was our 1st wedding anniversery. I have gained 40 lbs this first year and was 30lbs. overweight before that. He has only 20lbs. to lose but is extremely supportive of me and is more concerned with my health than my appearance. I am feeling a little nauseus and have a headache this evening..............I haven't had any sugar and only 1/2c of diet soda. Breakfast: 3 bites of wedding cake and a champagne glass of 2% milk.
Lunch: 2 eggs, 1 slice toast, 1/2 apple. Dinner: bowl of oatmeal and cottage cheese. 64 oz Water. I don't eat fruits/veegies so this is going to be very difficult. I live on sugar and bread. I'm on MRC6 and the All Day along with my own supplements. Please tell me I'm going to feel better tomorrow. I want some .....pretzels..crackers...popcorn....Sugar!!!!! so bad right now..

Last edited by Onion Girl; 03-27-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Onion Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

You must be in preconditioning....but you are not eating enough. You really need to eat what it tells you too or you will be so hungry you will binge.
I know that you said you don't like fruits and veg but really try to find some that you can have.

Ask here if you have questions or just need a hug! After about 3 days on plan the sugar cravings should stop! Hold in there....this really does work
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6''

Water, water, water. If you can bump that number up, you'll feel better. Try adding 5-10oz a day until you're up to at least 80-100oz. The best way to think about it is that the water flushes everything out of your body and so it's one of the biggest tools to help you lose weight. Ideally you'd like to have half of your body weight in ounces of water...240lbs = 120oz of water/day. That would be great.

Also, if you tackle the water during pre-conditioning then next week when you get your menu, you'll have one less thing to get adjusted to.

I'm gonna echo Jewelie....You really need to find some fruits and veggies you like. Thats the main bulk of what we get to eat on MRC and without it the plan won't work as well and you'll find yourself hungry and you'll "cheat".

Welcome to the boards...this is a great place for advice and support. We're here for ya
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

It is amazing how much better you feel when you feed your body what it truly needs. The veggie and fruit area of the grocery store is the biggest section for a reason - there are SO many options.

We are coming up on Farmer's Market season soon, so start cruising the markets and try different things.

It can be a hard change if you aren't used to it, but after just a couple of days of staying OP, you will be amazed how good you feel!
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #5  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad you are doing this with your husband. That way the two of you can work together on meals and you'll only need to make one meal.

Right now while you are on pre-conditioning, use the time to gradually cut back on the things you should not have - eat up foods you have in the house that you will not be able to have on program - savor them and say 'good bye' to them for now. Then throw them away or give them away by the time you go in for food instruction.

Go shopping together after food instruction but only buy what you need for the two of you for the first few days. Buy things you already like or are willing to eat. I don't know if you will have a 4 day menu, then a day 5 to day 10 menu and then go on the beige menu, but when both of you are on the menu you will be on for the duration, then start expanding your food selection, trying new foods and recipes. Work together to come up with meal ideas and things to try.

Be prepared for your husband to lose weight quicker / more easily than you. Do not get discouraged - even after he has reached goal, he can still eat the same meals as you do, just adjust the portions so he doesn't continue losing. Try to maximize the High Nutrient Supplements - this will help you not have cravings, and feel satisfied until the next snack or meal. Get a food scale if you do not already have one and weigh your food (after cooking for cooked foods) so you make sure to eat as much as you are supposed to. I'm afraid this program will be a big change for you but you may be surprised and find foods you did not know you would enjoy. Good luck to both of you, and Happy Anniversary!
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and it will get better. You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel once you let yourself go through "the process". I echo the above comments. Only thing I would add is that you might try the egg and toast for breakfast--or at least get a more substantial breakfast than cake and milk Truly, eggs help a lot as does the water. You're coming into program at good time as it's hard to keep pumped to drink water when you're cold....but now with spring it will be easier and it is so helpful! Also remember--in preconditioning you're just slowly changing some habits and that's hard. Be good to yourself....you'll get there. For me giving up the soda was HUGE!!! That made me grumpy for awhile for sure but you can do more in a day (or in a meal) than you think you can.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

you wont be able to do the program if you cant figure out a way to eat fruits and veggies. They will be pretty much your only source of carbs for a LONG LONG time
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #8  

THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Things have gotten better and my husband has made some yummy meals that follow the guidelines. I'm a little scared though......after this first week will the 40cal bread and melba toast be eliminated from the menu? Will cheese? Lean beef? I hope not, that would be another huge adjustment.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

melba toast and starches up to 50 calories remain on the menu for breakfast and dinner. Cheese will still be allowed as a protein but never more than once a day. Lean beef is allowed a couple times a week.

My staples tend to be the low calorie tortillas, chicken, cottage cheese and cucumbers or tomatoes. When i first signed up I bought a bunch of clementine oranges and then found out fruit is once a day, so be careful what you buy in bulk until you have a handle on what you like and what your menu is.

Good luck!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Girl View Post
Signed up today with my husband,....today was our 1st wedding anniversery. I have gained 40 lbs this first year and was 30lbs. overweight before that. He has only 20lbs. to lose but is extremely supportive of me and is more concerned with my health than my appearance.
Welcome Onion Girl! My husband signed up with me too. It has been nice to plan / prep our food together. He only needed to lose about 1/2 what I did when we signed up. So, he's ready to go on stabilization and I've still got 20 lbs to go. But that's okay because we've had time to get into better habits and have had fun making it work for us.

You will feel better tomorrow because you'll have a day of success behind you. Even if things don't go perfectly, you're one day closer to your goal. It's a process that takes work but you can do it! We've all been there. Keep posting and digging through the forum. It's a great place to get your questions answered and find some support and laughter.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #11  
cdreeh

S/C/G: 293.5/286.5/200

Height: 5'10"

Give it 2-3 hrs...you are going through 'carb withdrawal' ! After a week you will feel so much better - then you won't even think about carbs!

I don't like cottage cheese (have tried all kinds different ways to eat it)...and eating 6 0z of protien at every meal it a bit much - but I try and results are quick and amazing.

I just had gallbladder surgery - so having to 'start over' - haven't been eating much of anything. MRC gave me a hypoglycemic version so I can eat 6 smaller meals - will help a lot.
cdreeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #12  

YEAH!!!! I went for my first checkin, just finished pre-conditioning, and I lost 5.8 lbs. Now I know that's mostly water weight but I'm still very happy. The menu I got I can totally do,.....in fact I'm surprised at how often I get to eat.
And I get MRC chocolate pudding! I am sooooo happy! Thanks to everyone who has written on this thread. All the support and advice have been very helpful and encouraging.

i

Last edited by Onion Girl; 03-27-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #13  
a unique snowflake

S/C/G: 334/298/155

Height: 5'9"

Default pre conditioning headache

I had a headache from the 7th layer of **** for 4 days.. caffine & sugar are the devil. On the 5th day i woke up waiting for the pain and it was gone.. thank JESUS. I am so happy you made it through... lots of folks will say " you are so not going to make it if you dont like veggies and fruit" i say that is devil carbs talking and you Will find your veggies and fruits. I have found i love blueberrys.. who knew...

good you are here.. i am pretty new also... so happy about your loss......
scar
Scarlette13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #14  

The center has been very encouraging. They have a veggie fruit powder mix that is one portion of veggies and one portion of fruit. I plan on using this at lunch. I will keep trying different veggies and different preparations of them. I KNOW I will succeed in this. Even after I lose the weight,....there are veggie fruit drinks out there,..ie;V8 fusion light. Either way, my body is getting a daily dose of, well....let's face it,..stuff it never got. I'm looking forward to being a healthy weight and having the energy without the ups and downs from sugary carbs.
Thanks Scarlette, and you're right.......Picky Veggie Fruiters can do this diet!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Girl View Post
The center has been very encouraging. They have a veggie fruit powder mix that is one portion of veggies and one portion of fruit. I plan on using this at lunch. I will keep trying different veggies and different preparations of them. I KNOW I will succeed in this. Even after I lose the weight,....there are veggie fruit drinks out there,..ie;V8 fusion light. Either way, my body is getting a daily dose of, well....let's face it,..stuff it never got. I'm looking forward to being a healthy weight and having the energy without the ups and downs from sugary carbs.
Thanks Scarlette, and you're right.......Picky Veggie Fruiters can do this diet!
So happy to read your post and hear things are going well. In my own experience there were periods of trial....and then I'd make it through....and with each success you have more confidence that I made it through this before and I'll make it through again....just need to let the program do it's work and wait....and it will come.

I didnt' know about V8Fusion light--did you get that info from the center?

A tip for the chocolate pudding....I made mine early in the day and refrigerate to eat later in the day. Chilled it's especially delicious! And for me, I add a little more water than what they recommend to get consistency smoother....it's awesome. I still have that even though I'm on maintenance at this point...and on maintenance I put Cool Whip Fat Free (which you shouldn't do now) and it really is good. I throw that out there just so you can see there is hope for even better things to come once you've gone through program and it is doable plan.

Hope the forum is as helpful to you as it was for me.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote