Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default Does your Significant Other KNOW??

Just curious, does your significant other know that you binge? For YEARS I have kept this a secret and it was something that always bugged me, finally I told my husband and it has been so helpful. I was so scared he wouldn't understand but suprisingly enough he did. He has never said anything about what I eat, but just knowing that he knows that I could potentially binge helps keep me on my toes.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #2  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

Height: 5'6

Default no

no I dont share it with anyone Im to a shame and also afraid that no one will understand
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

It's a lot easier to share this with strangers who you don't have to face on a daily basis.

I binged way less when I had roommates, though, just for the fear that they'd realise what I'd done. Living alone I gained 40 pounds on an already obese frame, because there were "no consequences" for my binging. (Tell that to my gut/thighs/arms now.)

That being said, no, my boyfriend (we don't live together) still doesn't know.
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #4  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

Height: 5'6

Default very true

yes it is much easier to do it when no one is around, for now I try to calm myself by praying and also just writing my feelings down.
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8

It took me ten years to tell mine. I once ate his favorite entire half gallon of moose tracks ice cream while he was at work one day and had to drive to the store and buy another one just so he wouldn't notice.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

my boyfriend and i are literally like best friends, and i've binged in front of him... he knows i get REAL hungry sometimes, and it's not like, eating when i'm not hungry, i just used to get SOOO hungry it wasnt something i ever understood.. so i'd eat a lot, but it was all small stuff from here and there.. but he loves me no matter what (his words) and although he doesn't want me to lose weight, he supports me in me trying to feel more comfortable with myself.
missyRxOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #7  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

My fiancé knows that I can eat a lot... most meals I out eat him... but he doesn't know that I eat A LOT when he's not around. He works evenings, and I work days, so there is a lot of time that we are not together. I don't know if I could tell him that I eat that amount while he is not around, although he can probably figure it out by what is in the garbage and what is missing from the cabinets...
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJules View Post
My fiancé knows that I can eat a lot... most meals I out eat him... but he doesn't know that I eat A LOT when he's not around. He works evenings, and I work days, so there is a lot of time that we are not together. I don't know if I could tell him that I eat that amount while he is not around, although he can probably figure it out by what is in the garbage and what is missing from the cabinets...
i used to SOMETIMES outeat my boyfriend.. so i know how that feels! but i guess now that i've stuck to a plan, i've shrunk my stomach so he usually outeats me but you're not alone on that! my boyfriend sees me at his house sometimes just go into the kitchen and eat lmao it's bad but he doesnt mind
missyRxOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #9  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

My husband knows and he is a binger as well. I didn't really think anything about it when we first started dating - I didn't put a label on my own binging, let alone his. When I think back now though, I can recognize the signs that I just didn't see before. Once we moved in together we, naturally, started binging together. That was over 3 years ago and I have only had a few binges without him since.

He does pretty well as long as I stay in charge and say no for the both of us... However, if I get weak and want to binge, he's all for it. It really adds to the pressure I feel when trying to overcome binging. Sometimes it's encouraging and another reason to say no, but when I fail, it means I failed him as well.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:02 AM   #10  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

My boyfriend knows, but for some reason I found it easier to tell him that I binge and purge rather than just binge (both are true, depending on how neurotic I am at the time)... I don't know why. I guess for me there seems to be less shame in getting it all out? That's a topic for a whole other thread, though.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Yes, he does, although it took me some 6 months initially to tell him. At first he was not understanding at all ("You stopped smoking, so you can stop that too!") but when I moved in he really saw how much of a problem it was and urged me to get help (something which I would not have pursued on my own.) Even though he knew I could never binge in front of him, though. I still did it in secret and hid all the evidence. :-(
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i didnt have a name for what i did when i met my husband in 1998. now that i am divorced and in the dating world, i am very open about my 'healthy eating' lifestyle and do not hide the fact that i have, in the recent past, binged. they are somewhat confused because they know i have lost a lot of weight too. my latest boyfriend is extremely understanding! he makes sure i go to bed in time to get enough sleep (one of my biggest triggers) and is doing his best to understand. he didnt buy me chocolate for our first valentines either... all sorts of little things like that... i think this guy is a keeper

all that to say - it is not easy to admit it, it is added pressure to not binge, and shouldnt really matter (i.e. we shouldnt binge because we dont want to, not because of the man in our life)

just my two cents....
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #13  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

My husband sort of knows. He knows about my history with eating disorders, and I've warned him what to look for in case I should slip back into bulimic or anorexic habits. He also knows that I binge (and in that he is sort of an enabler, getting me foods if I ask etc.). But I don't think he knows to what extent I binge. I don't think he knows I'm guilty of going to the store after he's asleep to buy binge food. I don't think he knows that I plan my binges alot of the time... So, yes he knows, but no he doesn't know everything.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

It took me ten years to tell mine. I once ate his favorite entire half gallon of moose tracks ice cream while he was at work one day and had to drive to the store and buy another one just so he wouldn't notice.

Aww....that just made me remember doing that once also.

I'm not a huge ice cream fanatic BUT I always LOVED to pick the chocolate chips or fudge swirls, etc. out of ice cream. And once I'd start, would turn around and almost nothing would be left. My favorite was Turkey Hill Chocolate Tastycake Ice Cream....which had big chunks of chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting all through the ice cream....it was sinful...I couldn't resist it. I get chills when I see it in the freezer at the store still. Those fudgy cupcake chunks were so nice and chewy.

My particular episode of doing this, though, involved an entire half gallon of my husband's mint chocolate chip ice cream. I was picking the chips out of it and literally destroyed it. Then....I not only had to go to the store and get a new replacement.....but I then had to eat more of it to get it to look just like the one he'd had in the freezer (with some eaten already).

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

Actually, we've been married for 38 years and my weight has been our biggest fight starter. My husband would be blind not to know I have food issues and binge-ing right there at the top. He's got to know I didn't get "here" by eating what he sees me eat. But I don't think we've ever had that conversation. I don't think he would understand.
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote