Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting small NSV

So, I've been at this for almost a month now. When I started, I decided to literally take it moment by moment and to just make tiny changes until they could all clump together for a bigger chunk.

My progress so far:

First few days, I could walk around one block if I rested along the way. In addition, I rode my bicycle a few blocks at a time and tried to increase my activity level a little bit while I was home, get up more frequently and do something small, a few dishes, unload the dishwasher, an extra trip down the stairs etc.

By the second week, I decided to use the bicycle to go to the grocery store whenever we needed food. The first couple of times were tough, but I made it. Then I added a couple trips around the cemetery on the way. Once place I am happy to ride through insead of ending up as my destination
Then I tried 2 blocks walking. Our blocks are bigger than average here, but not THAT big. But I made it.

Was it just last week that I actually rode the bicycle to the store, twice around the cemetery, then took the dog for a one mile walk all in the same day? And I've done 2 miles on the bicycle with the dog (who has a name, by the way; Buster) then 2 more miles while hubby played with Buster. I also did killer stairs that week and walked when I couldn't ride the bicycle.

I've added using the mini trampoline during commercials if I am hanging out watching tv in the evening. Just a couple of commercials at first, but more each time.

Today, I took the dog all by myself and walked around the two blocks, and this evening I will do the trampoline during all the commercials while I watch Harry Potter.

I hope someone reads this and can see the progression. Even though I am nowhere near a marathon or anything, each thing I do leads to something more I can do and eventually I will be fit and trim...and my little (not so little airedale/boxer mix) dog, too, Dorothy.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am going mountain biking tomorrow on a nice dirt trail with some gentle ups and downs. And a low cal low fat picnic. I might even be able to wear my padded cycling pants this time!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #2  

Keep up the good work.
Bamachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #3  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, that's fabulous...sounds like you're getting consistent exercise, making progress and doing great! Congratulations!!!

One of my dogs is Buster too We call him Boo mostly though.

It's this kind of stuff Barb, adding one little thing at a time - will make a difference in not only how your body feels, but also how your mind feels.

GREAT JOB!

Last edited by lambchop; 03-20-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Bama & Deb! I can use all the encouragement I can get! And I hope that it helps someone else to see you don't hve to do everything all at once from the beginning. That's been the hardest part for me...trying to go little by little instead of expecting a marathon and the Tour de France on day one!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #5  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

that's what I do STILL Barb...a little bit at a time...it's all i can ask of myself, or i'll panic and give up....

i'm not some super athlete...i'm some girl who pushes myself to try to move once in awhile - and push is a true statement! LOL I am not one of those people who goes...wheeeeeeeee exercise
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Me either but I go Wiiiiiii exercise,
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/184/149

Height: 5'7"

That is great! Keep your body moving!
Sheila7 is offline   Reply With Quote