Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #1  
Shrinking Wif3y 'n' Mommy

S/C/G: 185/181/138

Height: 5'5"

Default chubby wife says sorry

I was unaware that the Hcg was not approved here and I was looking for advice more than anything. I am not doing the injections and my diet pertains to no carbs more than anything. The moderator said that all posts referring to Hvcg will be closed- I apologize as I did not know. I am following the Atkins plan, I was curious if the HcG worked. I do not know what else to say other than I am losing the weight, my way, and that is NOT through injections or anything of the sort. I am restricting carb intake and moderately exercising. so that I too can become skinny... now I feel like I just don't belong.....

Anyways, Happy St. Patricks day to all

Last edited by chubbybikinidreamer; 03-17-2010 at 01:56 PM.
chubbybikinidreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sorry I had to close your post! We have a very strict HcG policy, because we believe it's dangerous enough to warrant it...injecting yourself with hormones so you can eat 500 calories a day is not sustainable.

We have a wonderful Atkins forum here, and a general Carb Counters parent forum as well - head on over there and check it out! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/

I know it can be disheartening to have one of your first posts closed, and I want you to know that you absolutely CAN get support here, just not for a plan that is inherently destructive.

Again, I can't wait for you to keep posting and jump into one or more of the forums here.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

what is hcg ? anyways sure you belong here ... if your trying to lose weight then you absolutley belong here !! dont feel otherwise!
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been on this site for a very long time, and I can tell you this:

If a weight loss method is a BANNED topic on this site, that is a very good indication that not only does the method NOT WORK, it's also extremely likely to be DANGEROUS.

Very few topics are banned here, and a lot of questionable and even entirely ineffective and worthless weight loss methods are discussed (and even advocated by some members) here. In my experience, only the extreme scams and dangerous methods have ever been banned as a topic.

Surely you have a lot more to give and receive than information on a single topic. We have an Atkins forum. Many of us are following other low carb plans. There are tons of recipes available in the low carb threads and in the Food Finds.

Welcome.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #5  

Hey thanks all, and top of the mornin to ya! I just have been a yo yo dieter all my life any pill, miracle cure- whatever I have tried and then this hormone thing. Well after reading about it after my post was closed I have decided to just stick to the Atkins and well hard sweaty exercise. I have apologized in various places here and I will check out the Atkins link you sent manda. I am glad I am still welcome here, I was kinda heartbroken. Raisin 5 kids ( 2 teenage girls ( one I think kinda sorta told me she is pregnant this mornin ) and a teen boy), 2 other kids under 10 and a Hubby all of which are supportive in their own way - all eat carbs and well its not the support friends give. So again thanks for lettin me stay!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome!! Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'm glad you found us here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile

I know the feelin'.....I've been a thread killer myself and it just makes you feel all blah inside. I didn't see the HcG post, nor do I know a lot about it. But I can say that I'm glad you stuck around!

I was once the teen who had to tell her parents she was pregnant. I'm 29 now and living happily ever after. Feel free to PM me, ok?

Take Care!

P.S The irony here is that the advertisment at the top of the page here is for an HcG diet...what the heck, right?
cehrriins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #8  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehrriins View Post

P.S The irony here is that the advertisment at the top of the page here is for an HcG diet...what the heck, right?
Unfortunately the way the google ads work is by scanning the page for keywords and displaying ads that match them. I'm going to ask if they can block them. I agree it's not appropriate under the circumstances.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #9  

YEA!!! The ad makes ya go hmmmmmm. But back on track to that bikini instead of the ole lady one piece lol... Thanks for all the support!!!
cehrriins thanks for the irony it made me giggle and with all that is going on it helped.. I will pm you if I can figure out how.. **** idk how to be someones friend either I will figure it out