Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/200/150

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Default Hi! New Here

I'm Sarah, 33. I started having weight issues in my 20's. I have gained, lost (Adkins), gained the same 100 lbs. Then, I gained more having kids & lost that. I try to eat a well rounded diet now, not carb free...high fiber, and smaller meals.

I am an emotional eater. Any kind of stress sends me straight to the fridge. So, having the right kind of snacks handy is key for me. Other times, I will just binge for no apparent reason.

I have two small boys, am a wife & student. School work is usually what messes with my schedule, exercise, eating. Sometimes, I eat from exhaustion when I really should nap, but can't.

I am currently about 50 lbs. from my goal weight. Always looking for good info. I am much better about exercise than diet. Currently on my second month of Chalean Extreme & it's going well. I have a 'phobia' of going outside my home to exercise until I near my goal weight. I would love to jog in my neighborhood, but don't want my neighbors to see me! So, I stick with my dvd workouts.

I appreciate any & ALL advice. Thanks everyone & good luck!
sarahland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

WELCOME!! You've made a positive step in the right direction! IF you need any advice just ask!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #3  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Welcome!

I totally understand the not wanting to exercise outside. When I started jogging, I did a lot of it at dusk (only good to do if you're in a safe neighbourhood, clearly). It also took me a while to get comfortable in a gym. All the mirrors were intimidating, and I worried that other people would stare at me. Then I realized they were all looking at their own reflections and checking out their own form

It sounds like you are very busy (two little peeps and you're in school - that's a lot!). I'm sure you'll find lots of good advice on here, and lots of motivation and inspiration too. Good luck!
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/212/155

Height: 5'2

Welcome!!
I completely understand what you are going thru!!
I have gained and lost, gained and lost weight so much in my life!!
I really hope this time to make it work!!
I love walk at home Dvds!! When I can't go to the gym or just done't feel like it- I pop in my walk at home DVD and I feel great- and no one is watching!! Well maybe my little one...but she joins in too sometimes!!
Good luck!!
Jenn
wishmethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome!!
I too understand where you're coming from, I've gained 60 lbs per pregnancy and lost it right after. And never getting to my goal weight. This time I was 11 lbs away before becoming pregnant again...the closest I've ever been. I was always 40 lbs away from my goal weight.
I also have a phobia about going out to exercise, didn't want anyone seeing be flap around. LOL
It wasn't till I became serious about losing that I started working out on my Wii Fit and lost 15 lbs that dh (seeing how serious I finally was) bought me a treadmill. Since we live in North TX where the weather can be extreme, this was a blessing. I feel bad for other women here who try to commit to exercising out doors and end up stopping because its either too cold or too hot.
My ds1 used to join me when I'd do my step aerobics on the Wii Fit. He'd grab a book and go along with me. very cute. LOL
You can do it, you'll find a wealth of support here.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote