Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/212/155

Height: 5'2

Smile Peeking my chubby face in the door....

Hello everyone!!
My name is Jenn and I am so happy to be here!!!
I have been lurking on this site for a few years and in that time, I have managed to lose weight, gain weight, and gain even more weight, and lose again!!
I am a dietaholic!!! I have been struggling with my weight since I was 11 years old and I am desperatly needing to lose weight for a healthy lifestyle!
I am a stay at home mom to 4 precious girls, and my goal is to see my grandchildren some day!!!
Sadly my own father died at 31 years old from a heart attack and my own 32 birthday was a huge deal to me! Within that year- I managed to lose 65lbs and after that fell off the wagon and gained my weight back!
Recently I celebrated my 33rd birthday and I really want to make it well past that!!!!
My b/p was high- very high 145/90 and now it is controlled but with medication. Hopefully one day I will off my meds.
This time on my diet journey, I decided that this is a lifestyle change, not only for me but the whole family!!!
We joined our local YMCA and I now workout 5 days a week!!!
I have been thru many diets, carb free, calorie counting, diet pills years ago and now I realize I must exercise and think realisitically!!!
If I shoot to high again- I will fail!!
My plan is to continue counting calories as I have already lost 6 lbs and exercise with my family!
I hope to make new friends out there and I look forward to a new healthy life to share with my family and friends!!!
wishmethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #2  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Jenn!!

I think it is a great idea to reach small "mini goals" instead of striving for one mega goal! I would suggest making a list of mini goals and each time you reach one, reward yourself, like a manicure, a night on the town, or a new outfit, just something you like! I wish you luck on your journey, let me know if I can help or if you just need a friend. Have a great weekend!

Best wishes,

Lorie
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/170/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jenn! I am so proud of you. I to had a wake up call and started dieting and exercising. Well I don't think of it really as a diet but a change of life style. After about 9 weeks I feel like a different person. Stay with it, we are all in this together.
jackie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #4  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Keep coming back!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/212/155

Height: 5'2

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! I am very excited about my weight loss this time and I only hope and pray I will stick with it!!!
I will be here on the site daily and I will read up on the posts. I know I am not alone and it is great to have a wonderful supportive group!!!
wishmethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/199/150

Height: 5ft4

exercise TRULY is addicting.....once i get into a groove it's so hard to get me out of it!
BrideToBe2010 is offline   Reply With Quote