Old 03-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Energy on Lean Cuisine

Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I've posted on 3FC. I am a total nutrition freak and my goal is to someday be a total 'nutritarian' (Dr. Furhman's term for someone who eats for nutrition, so lots of produce and minimal animal products). Anyway, I'm vegan 90% of the time. Well this past week I was in a normal food store (I usually shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's) and they were having a big sale on Lean Cuisine. Five boxes for $10. So, this is completely OUT OF LINE for me (especially since I'm the first to shun commerical foods and big businesses, and adding sodium and chemicals and junk), but I went and bought 5 boxes for my lunches this week. The whole time I was telling myself "Michelle, what the heck is wrong with you??" I don't know what came over me.

Well, I've been having them for lunch... and OMG, I have SO much energy. It's insane. I'm bouncing off the walls practically, and I can't wait to get home to run.

I also HATE this. Lean Cuisine stands for everything I'm against, and I will NOT make it a part of my normal diet. But I'm dying to figure out why the heck I have so much energy after those meals. Also, it's loaded with sodium but after I eat them I am so satisfied from the taste that I'm actually eating less throughout the day afterwards.

I am dumbfounded. I don't want anyone to condone me eating these meals (because I certainly won't) but I'm curious if anyone would have an idea as to why they make me feel so great? Perhaps it's the balanced carbs : protein : fat ratio? I rarely eat protein and carbs together. It's usually veggies with carbs, or veggies with protein. Maybe I need to be a more balanced girl? Perhaps my metabolism loves that.

Thanks chicks!!

Last edited by Michelle125; 03-16-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #2  

It's probably the carbs and protein together. My nut told me to always have a little of each with every meal and snack. Did you know sodium leeches calcium from your bones?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #3  

I agree on the protein carb synergy. Also - this may sound strange- the meals are not very high volume. Could you be experiencing the sort of rush one gets when fasting or super low calorie eating (both of which I think are horrible for you, but have done in the distant past)
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote