Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'10

Question Looking for support

I have started and stopped counting points more times than I can count! My problem is that I will get motivated, lose 2 lbs. And then eat Super Nachos and gain it all back! I really need to lose 30lbs, and i am getting depressed over my lack of commitment. I would like to talk to someone that has a simular situation, but has overcome and been able to lose the weight. What was your breakthrough?
hellzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

3FC....Welcome...and keep coming back and reading and reading and posting too!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Smile Breakthrough

We have all been where you are....losing weight and keeping it off is a constant battle. There are some "themes of success" that come up in many of the messages.
1. Set realistic goals. If 30 pounds seems like too many to manage, break up the 30 in 5 pound mini-goals.
2. Establish some nonscale goals and celebrate the nonscale victories. Fitting into a pair of pants that are too tight or wearing a new dress that has been hanging in your closet. Sometimes the scale does not tell the whole story.
3. Recognize that weight loss is a journey. We all have days when we make good choices and days when we make some not so good choices. Don't beat yourself up over the not so good choices.
4. One of the things I often do is to convince myself that "since I have blown it, I might as well start again tomorrow." The best choice is to get back into the diet journey right away - salvage any part of the day you can!
5. Why are you trying to lose weight? Is it for your health? Is it because of an upcoming family reunion? Put sticky notes up with your reasons and refer to them on a regular basis.
6. Surround yourself with healthy choices. I find that I sometimes just have to say no to the invitations for lunch. Somedays I can handle having the salad and some days I can't. Learn to recognize when you shouldn't join in on the days you may not be able to say no.
7. Come to the forum boards and read..read..read...and read some more. I believe everyone here has experienced the celebrations and the frustrations that go along with losing and gaining weight. If it was easy, it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry.
8. Eat several small, lower calorie meals a day instead of skipping so you can eat a large one. Your body is continually burning fuel and needs to have energy. This one was a new one for me in my current battle to lose the last 30 pounds or so. I walways thought that starving myself would lead to fast weight loss. Our body doesn't really work that way. The experts do have good advice available. Eat your breakfast within one hour of putting your feet on the floor. Your body needs fuel.
9.Learn new recipes. I recently started substituting mashed cauliflower for potatoes. Something I can live with for a long time.
10. Drink water. Our bodies need water. I have never felt full from drinking water. Some tell you to drink water before you eat to help you feel full and eat less. That has never worked for me. But, I do know that the body needs water. When you lose weight, your body breaks down the fat and it is flushed from your body through water...and then it is literally flushed down the toilet. Keep the flavored waters to a minimum. If you are a coffee or soda pop drinker, try this for awhile - every time you have a cup of coffee, drink two cups of water or if you can 12 ounces of soda pop, drink 24 ounces of water.
11. Think lean - whether it be beef, chicken, pork, or etc.
12. Walk 10 minutes a day every day - by yourself. It gives you time to think and clear your head.
13. Turn the negative thoughts into positive thoughts. Turn the "I can't ignore those nachos" to "I can have a chicken taco."
This is all advice you can find anywhere. Pick the pieces that fit for you and commit to them. Most of all, don't beat yourself up. Take small steps, especially those that you can live with for a lifetime.

My breakthrough came when I started focusing on the things I can do and the reasons why I want to do them.....I have a list and I keep copies of it at work, at home and in my purse. By the way, I don't think losing weight has anything to do with willpower. I think it is all about sticking to a plan....one step at a time!
lovelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 85kg/85/60

post a photo in your closet.. showing all your fats..

this might help you since everytime you look on the picture you'll be discourage on your current appearance..
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote