Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #1  
OnE dAy At A tImE!

S/C/G: 240/TICKER/165

Height: 5'4

Default Clothes Getting Baggier

Ok...I've only lost 14 lbs (so far) and my jeans are baggy which kinda isnt a bad thing LOL , Anyways to people that are still dieting and still losing weight...do you keep buying different size clothing as you lose weight or deal with the baggy-ness until you reach your goal? I'm not exactly sure what im gonna do when I start accually going down entire sizes.
CrystalMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I've been buying enough to keep myself decent. A pair of jeans here, a cute top there. I'm not working AND in college, so I don't have a ton of money to spend on clothes. I wear things until they are just too big to wear any longer. You can always shop at thrift stores and clearance sales for the time being
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #3  
Let go laughing

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'10"

*jealous* 16 pounds down and my clothes feel exactly the same. I have a closet full of stuff in all sizes, though, so I probably won't need to buy new for quite awhile. For once, I'm grateful I hung on to all my too small clothes (at this point, nearly all of them - I live in the same pair of jeans and giant tshirts and hoodies).

Goodwill would probably be a good place to look for cheap clothes while you're still losing.
s rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2

I buy new clothes so it doesn't look obvious that I have lost weight. Plus it also make me feel really good that I am a size smaller...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11

I bought MOST of my clothes from thrift stores. I didn't see much of a point of buying new clothes just to not be able to wear them a few weeks later. I was also given a bunch of hand me downs from my sister so that has really saved me. Now that im closer to goal I have finally invested in some new clothes. Mainly workout clothes but still new.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I wore my baggy clothes as long as I could. And I actually still wear some things from when I first started. I just didn’t feel like spending money on transitional clothes. Also, I kind of grew to like the way big loose pants feel! Lol. That’s bad huh?

Anyway, you’ll probably have to buy some clothes along the way…but like the other said, make it cheap (thrift stores, sales, etc). Also, buy pieces that you can wear often and for different occasions or in different ways so you’ll get the most use out of them and cover a lot of needs without spending a lot of money.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #7  
Samantha417

After the second rollercoaster ride of losing, gaining, losing, I decided to save my skinny and fat clothes. Generally I only go down a size, but when I first lost a lot of weight and went from an 18 to a 9, I waited until my clothes looked ridiculous even with a belt on to buy some clothes, but went on a HUGE shopping spree when I was all done losing weight.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

I would love to wait until this is over to buy clothes, but I have to look somewhat presentable for my job, so I need clothes that fit.

I wear work pants until they're so baggy that they fall off - shirts I'm able to hang on to longer - but when my clothes get too big I bring them to a consignment shop and then use whatever money I get to go towards new clothes.

However, I have a rule that I don't buy anything full price. I shop around for sales and coupons - I was able to get a pair of $70 Ann Taylor Loft pants for $23 - and I try to buy things that I know will last longer (skirts and dresses, for example).
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #9  
OnE dAy At A tImE!

S/C/G: 240/TICKER/165

Thanks for the ideas guys! I stay home taking care of my sick mom which means I can only work from home which doesnt bring in much money, so I think I'll either go to the thrift shop or get some hand-me-downs from my skinnier sisters lol. Thank goodness it's getting hot so that when I lose even more weight i can start wearing my shorts that looked kinda "ew" on me last year.
CrystalMH is offline   Reply With Quote