Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Default What was your starting diet?

I'm wondering what weight loss diet you did when you first started your weight loss journey? I tend to lose all motivation by noon and am searching for something else. What worked for you?
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

I didn't, and still don't use a diet. I calorie count I guess, but it's more just a matter of getting in tune with what my body needs, versus what my brain thinks I want. It's not easy, but you have to work for what you want.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I started with fat smash but couldn't keep up with it- I eventually moved to South Beach diet and overall I just eat fewer carbs and am more careful about what I eat. It's slow going but at least it's permanent!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I count calories and fat. 1800 cal or less/day and 60 g fat or less (usually a LOT less, like in the high 30's-mid-40's) I also have increased my activity level significantly...from not much of anything to at least a short walk (not often) or a 45 min. or longer bicycle ride. I've only been at it for 3 weeks, and I started out the bike riding at probably less than a mile, maybe like 15 minutes, but have been increasing it. So far, I've lost 17 lbs, but I am VERY motivated and so far have not gone off of my plan. I also do it my way, and I can live with the way I eat, only 2 meals a day, but healthy snacks as well and I don't let myself get ravenous before I eat something. Nothing is off limits, but some things just aren't good for me, so I keep them in my plan and very limited in amount. I tweak a lot of recipes so I can eat what I like.

There are lots of ways to lose weight and eat healthy; you just have to figure out what works for you. We're all diferent. Whatever you do, this group is really supportive!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #5  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I have done Weight Watchers in the past but I am now a calorie counter ( for life)! It's free, easy, and fits every lifestyle. I am also using a Go Wear Fit, which has changed my life!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #6  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

My starting diet was not a diet at all. The term "diet," to me, suggests an end at some point. It suggests something that can be cheated on. I chose to make a lifestyle change...and use calorie counting to establish guidelines for myself. I don't deny myself anything as long as it fits in the calorie plan. And I use a GoWear Fit to provide me concrete numbers about just what my body actually needs. It's much harder to rationalize cheating on one's life!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

In the past, I used my own design of a low carb diet. I did 200 carbs/day (gross carbs, not net carbs which I understand is carbs minus the sugars and fiber grams). One day a week, I would eat 250 carbs for a treat. It took over a year to lose weight, but steady as she goes. I did a rotation of Pilates, TaeBo, and walking. I haven't tried the low carbs this time yet; just trying to not binge at this point and will worry about counting carbs later. Good luck in your search for the right thing.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote