Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 04:37 AM   #1  

Default The 5% Club - Imagine Your Best Possibility

Hey all - Can you believe summer is over. School has started and we are edging into the regular schedule of school year life. I am still adjusting to the early wake up time.

What a great summer. Since I posted last we had a terrific visit from my brother, and then the girls and I spent 10 days on the Oregon Coast. We had an absolutely splended visit. I walked daily and had no negative impact from traveling, as I sometimes have in the past.

Still doing the Body Pump and the changes are great, particulalry shoulder definition - the strides in the upper body really show because that was always my weaker side. DH has been goign to Body Pump with me again, since his busy season is winding down. My youngest DD even joined us on Saturday - she came into the class and tried everything with a plain bar and some tiny dumbells - she loved it. Very cute.

I think the best thing is this really deep sense that yes, I really am truly in the 5%, if indeed that is the limiting number. Just remember this: If it is possible, then it is POSSIBLE. People do it. People change. People can train themselves to like different things, different foods. People can train themselves to enjoy things less often and be happy. People can learn to move their bodies and make great advances in their health. If they can do it, you too can do it. Believe that so that you OWN it and you are halfway there.

Like everyone in America, I'm battling the time thing, incessantly. Since I got such a great break however, I'm feeling more hopeful and content. I just got a new Bernina sewing machine and I'm working on a scrap quilt that has been forming in my head for a long long time. I'm pretty attuned to having creativity in my life as being a necessity.

So what's the latest with you-all? Steph are you celebrating the start of school again? This year I have a fourth grader and a seventh grader. They really do seem to be growing up fast.

Share what is up -

Juno
Old 09-05-2002, 08:03 AM   #2  

Hi All,

So much going on... I've been lurking, but can rarely find the time to read - let alone post... Vacation was TOO long... I really think that one week is my limit; 2.5 was simply grueling - I SO wanted to come home...

My sister thinks its my need to nest given my current state and the pressures I've put on myself about getting certain chores done by the time the baby comes... By the way - no baby yet... The Gucci YMCA was supposed to have opened 8/1, but delays with occupancy permits, etc. have pushed things off until the end of Sep. So much for my dreams of swimming for my last month.

My DH has been working the new job for the last 3 weeks. The first two were a bit of a challenge for us... the fact that he was home was a major adjustment, and then the schedule / dinner / help with DD and my hormonal prego state took some time to iron out. This week so far has been good. I'm feeling like were getting into a rhythm and are used to each other again. DD has been EXTREMELY moody, which I think can be attributed to DH and I as well as her own period of adjustment. Its been a little grateing so I hope she gets over it SOON.

Juno - I've been building creativity into my own schedule - Of course we'll see if I can actually follow through once DD#2 arrives. I'm making my own birth announcements (a combo of digital photography, that stamping fad and a little glue). My prototype is pretty nice so I may even progress to xmas cards, etc. We'll see...

I also inherited my DH's Palm Pilot, which I hope will help to track our expenses and my food/exercise once i am in full postpartum swing. It takes some practice to get the graffiti alphabet down, but I think I'll use it... It was free so there's not much pressure... I'll keep you posted...

Anyway, DD is hanging on me so I better start my day. We're on a curtain search for the baby's room. Our last purchase to finish things off. Hope all of you are well and totally 5%!
Old 09-08-2002, 12:52 PM   #3  

A peaceful Sunday morning - I am sure many of you know how rare that is! Yesterday I was out with my girlfriend for about 5 hours (no kids!) and then today the kids have been outside with their dad and I have had the whole house to myself for a few hours. I think the older they get, the more bits and pieces of peace I can have. Not that I don't appreciate every yell and noise coming from my kids BUT.....

The kids didn't head back to school until after Labor Day so last week was still a bit of a wild week. I had a baby start a few weeks ago and another boy who is here just a few days a week before kindergarten. School starts and ends at a different time so we were still doing a bit of adjusting last week. Plus I have one toddler who is just being a tyrant and I am hoping she gets out of this stage quickly. I adore her but she was being horrid last week. I am hoping less kids around will calm her need to beat all of us up.

Exercise is fine, food is not too bad and I will just keep pushing forward with little improvements and see what I can do. We have been doing a lot of walking with the dog too so we are trying to be an active family. However the heat this past week has been horrid for Sept. Cooler weather hits on Tuesday and I am ready for it. My husband keeps wishing for snow WHICH IN NO WAY AM I READY FOR!!

Absmom - Being 9 mos. pregnant and having to go through life adjustments - you are holding up great! We had the same thing here when my DH stopped working his massive overtime. It's been a year now that he comes home in the afternoon and it was really hard for a while. It was my schedule, my territory and it felt like he was just in the way. Now my kids are confused when he is at work when before it was the norm! Let us know when the bouncing baby is born! Our YMCA was supposed to open this fall but I can't even figure out where the building is so I'm don't think they are on track! I do so many homemade photo projects my family probably wishes I would quit sending them. I did my youngest's birth announcements and was quite proud of them!

Juno - You sound well-rested and happy! Glad you are having some fun time with your new sewing machine. The great things we can utilize now in our down time I love all the things I can do but sometimes I am annoyed because I make more projects for myself. I always like the end result though so I shouldn't complain. I keep my grandparents happy and involved so that is something. I have the small weights I bought in the beginning which my boys pick up quite often. They are more fascinated with my weight lifting gloves which I have to go hunt for all the time. I should just buy them their own so they will leave mine alone! I did buy 2 new pairs of good exercise shorts and have improved my workout look - not that it matters since I am at home but somehow it does!

I should have gotten on and read the posts from the old post because I can't remember a thing!! I look forward to all the new posts from everyone and can't wait to here how lives are going this fall. I turn 35 this month and I thought I would hate this age but I think I'll be okay. A little older, a little wiser and a little healthier - think positive about aging, right???

Happy September to all of you! Steph
Closed Thread