Old 03-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #1  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

Default trying detox

just got back from a cruise yesterday and although i did eat good for being on a cruise i ate much worst than i do at home. i ending up feeling physically bad; lethargic everyday, sweating more, stomach feels funny, irregular bathroom. so i decided i wanted to do a detox diet for two weeks. i want to do it so i will force myself to eat more fruits and vegetables and move away from processed food and my most common problem, SUGAR!

so i was wondering what all of you think of detox diets. im not eating bread, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, processed food, and i am really limiting dairy and pretty much am not having much of any, and i already don't eat red meat. i got some flaxid oil and i plan on taking that now, i also am drinking cranberry juice and v8. nothng has any added sugar and most of it is completely organic.

so im going to be eating a whole lot of fruit and vegetables, practically as much as i could want, and only doing my meat (salmon,chicken...) for lunch. im also going to be intaking a lot of liquids. i will be intaking fewer calories but im doing whats considered a more easy detox because i will be eating enough to not get significantly weaker. i will still be able to workout etc.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

I think your particular detox plan sounds great. It's not a crazy lemonade or cabbage diet that deprives your body of nutrients. You are going to be getting protein from your meat at lunch, fiber from the veggies, and some carbs from your fruits. As long as you don't go under 1200 calories, I'm sure you'll start feeling healthy and refreshed. Great plan, let us know how it turns out!
SeventeenTheStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I must agree, it doesn't sound crazy, like I'm only going to drink my calories or something like that. It actually sounds like something i might try.

and I read in Cosmo most cravings only last about two weeks and if you can get over that hump and avoid the temptations then you'll be in the clear. (kinda)

thumbs up!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/243/190

Height: 5'5"

just wondering, what does a detox diet do for you? like will it regulate your system? help you get back on track?

and also what are the benefits of flax seed oil?

lol, sorry for all the questions, i was just really curious
chavela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

I think it sounds great. In fact, I"ve done the same thing. The week after christmas, I did a detox diet. I felt positively sick after thinking about everything I ate, so I did a very similar diet. In fact, basically the same as yours. No processed foods, little meat, LOTS of fruits and veggies, NO bread of pasta (even whole grain) and LOTSSS of water. It felt amazing and I felt a million times better. I also, if I remember correctly, had a pretty big loss that week!

Last edited by alexandraT; 03-15-2010 at 06:53 AM.
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #6  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

what im hoping it will do for me is get me off of the sugar, try new veggies, make me less lethargic/have more energy, clear up my face, make me feel in better spirits, get me back on track for dieting/jump start back into dieting, have more regular bathroom "breaks," lose weight.

flaxseed oil has the largest amount of omega 3 fatty acid (which is said to help prevent cancer) in plants and it is said to help promote a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Its also said to help depression, anxiety,brain health (memory), and maybe some other things as well.

and i don't mind questions lol.

and im also glad that everyone so far thinks this is a good thing as well. i was worried what responses i would get since it is still a restricting diet etc. but i did try to make it less extreme because i didn't want to get weak like some warn against not exercising or doing too much with your body because it will be pretty weakened. what im doing keeps me full of enough calories etc to let me be active.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote