Old 03-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #1  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Default Calorie counters?

Im just wondering how long did it take you guys to really get to that calorie "sweet spot". Meaning to a point where you almost always were losing. I ask this because Im currently about 238 I had got down to 220 last year gain weight and went up to about 247 in July of 09. So since Ive been back at it seriously Ive only lost about 7lbs give or take(re-started at 245) I eat 1600 cals per day and 95% of the time Im under that amount. Up until recently because of tax season I was working out four times per week for an hour each time. Now since I work on saturdays and a latenight I only get to the gym about three times per week.

At the point I was thinking of maybe going down to 1400 for a month or until I can get back to my regular routine which wont be until after 4/16. Any ideas or advice would be helpful. Here is an idea of what I would eat. I dont really break my meals up I plan them the night before and pack my lunch and snacks for work and basically eat when I am hungry. For the past two weeks I have also started to only eat carbs during the day and none after about six pm.

English muffin-120
Jelly and butter approx-70
Frozen strawberries- 100
String cheese- 80
Pretzels- 110
Laughing cow cheese- 35
LF yogurt-70
Banana lg-135
Green giant cream spinich- 175
Crab meat - 140
Pepperoni-140
Baked chicken breast-260
Broccoli- 100
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

I used to have different calories per day.. which would range from 1400 - 1800 throughout the 7 days of the week... and I lost like, 5lbs, but then for 2 weeks I didn't budge and I posted on here and some gals helped me out.. I wasn't eating enough calories on most days, so now I stick to 1500, and I've seen myself lose a pound every 2 - 3 days.. I've maintained again, and in a couple days if I don't go down, i'll lower my cals, then raise them and go back to 1500.. keeping your metabolism guessing is a good way of doing it, but you might also not be eating enough calories..

I also count how much fat I eat.. carbs and protein is an extra, but I want to have a lower fat diet, and so I limit myself to 35g of fat a day.. I'm usually under that, but that's what I set it at.
missyRxOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

I honestly don't think there's one set "sweet" spot. Your body is an adapting machine, so you have to trick it constantly. I eat when I'm hungry, and my calories range from 1100 to 2100. I keep the fat low though. Like missy, I count calories and fat grams. I try to stay under 20g a day and I've only had one day in the last 6 weeks that I've been over that.

Looking at what you're eating, I would say throw in more vegetables. They don't need to be raw. Cook them, saute them, stir fry them, steam, bake, roast them. But they're good for you and your metabolism.

What are you doing at the gym?

And, carbs are NOT bad for you. You don't have to cut anything from what you're eating now. I would say you could add in a bit more protein but I don't know what you're doing at the gym either. You might need a LOT more.

Just keep sticking with it and don't give up!
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #4  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Thanks I know carbs are not bad but I do not do well unless I watch them. I eat them I just do not over do it and I try to get the most out of protein. Thats one thing I have noticed since I started dieting back in 2008. WHen I go to the gym I do several different workouts. I do step sculpt, body to pump, regular step, Low impact......these are the type of workouts I do and they are each a hour each. WHen I take these classes I do sweat and with the weights I am sore as well. Last week I started doing HITT
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote