Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 03:40 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Wink 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#207

WELCOME!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Last edited by QueenB; 09-01-2002 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

I don't have time for a long post because I'm in the kitchen cooking stuff to take with us at the dusk till dawn show. No way am I paying those prices in the consession stand. Lucky , don't forget to look at the last thread. There's a little present in there for you. I hope all my friends are having a relaxing restful Sunday and I will see you sometime tomorrow when we get back! to all!
Old 09-01-2002, 04:13 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Home again...home again...

Hello, my long lost friends!

Wow! I really missed you guys!!! We had a WONDERFUL vacation, I have LOTS to share, but of course not much time at the moment. I read through #s 201, 202 and 203 and realized this will take me much longer than I have time for right now. I still have some unpacking to do...laundry to be done and dinner to prepare ...chili and cornbread and a salad, of course. It's a drizzly, rainy day here. We spent about two hours of it standing in the rain, watching my nephew's first football game of the season...fun! It really was, kind of...

Okay...I'll be back, just had to say hey!

see you later...

I could get VERY carried away with these new smilies!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-01-2002 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well ladies, I'm happy to report a loss of 4 lbs this week. Yea!
My mini goal is to lose 6 lbs by Oct 1. I have a drs appt that day so we'll see how it goes. Hey Kat I never noticed before, but you're a jersey girl too. What part if you don't mind my asking? Tina-have fun at the drive in. It is miserable here today. Cold and rainy. It is DH's b-day so we went out to lunch and then went bowling. Talk to you soon.
Steph
Old 09-01-2002, 11:28 PM   #5  

WELCOME BACK, Kat... can't wait to here your stories.

CONGRATS, Steph, on the weight loss.

I was such a slug today. About all I accomplished was visiting my Dad. Maybe all that mowing caught up with me. I don't feel bad just TIRED... I am hoping to be up to my "yard working" self tomorrow.

One of my uncles has had a couple strokes this past year and Friday they took him off of life support. I guess it's just to wait now.

Well, I will be off to beddy bye...Oh....

Tina I just saw your birth date on your profile. You were born on the day my Mom died. It made me feel good to know something good happened that day.

Thanks for the picture….I have a friend in Ireland that sends me pictures of men, mostly unclothed. I DON’T think I would be allowed to post them here but trust me you would all love them.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:28 AM   #6  

WOW, Baylee, it's no wonder you are sore....I know when I start projects like that I always want to get it over with as soon as possible.

I am up and feel somewhat less tired. I haven't had coffee yet so I will see what happens after that. I have tons to do to make my week a little smoother. I have a meeting in Tracy, Mn on Wednesday, an auction on Saturday I want to go to and then Sunday I leave for the Cities where I will be Monday and Tuesday. In between that I have to clean house and see my Dad a few times. Okay, I feel tired again...
Old 09-02-2002, 09:34 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings and Salutations Everyone,

Welcome back Kat. Hope you really had an enjoyable vacaton.

Oh Baylee, I "feel" for you. I'd never try to paint a room by meyself. I'm a procrastinator and I just know I'd get tired and just quit. Can you imagine how my rooms would look?

Speaking of freestanding bookcase, I have one in my room that has become a :catch-all" and I started to clean it out yesterday. Well, I got it 1/2 done, one side looks like it's in good shape so I guess, I've got to do the other 1/2 today. (Boy, is it going to be heavy work taking the trash out to the road tomorrow.) So today is Labor day right?? OK I'm going to finish the bookcase, do tons of laundry, bath the dog, vacuum and clean bathrooms. That is what we're supposed to do today right? Labor?
Almost forgot, It's Motivational Monday:

It is amazing just how good you feel after you have encouraged someone else."

TTYL,

Last edited by j-ann; 09-02-2002 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:22 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy, everyone! Hope you are all enjoying the last days of summer. Tomorrow it's back to work and back to school around here.

I hopped on the scale this morning and it's looking a bit better. I had a 'free' day today since it's the holiday so I won't officially WI (not Wisconsin) until next Monday. I'm hoping for a really nice loss by then. I really just watched this past week, now I need to get serious and journal so I can continue on this path of loss.

Katrina: Good to see you back. I'm so glad you had such a nice vacation.

Tina: I bet you're sleeping in after the night at the movies.

Steph: 4#'s WooHoo for you!!! That's awesome!

LuckyLadyBug: Cool friend that sends you nude, hunky men. Too bad they're not 'in the flesh' so to speak! Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead of you. I just love auctions. Haven't been to one in years though. I tend to come home with far more than I really need. I get all caught up in the bidding and stuff.

Baylee: Sounds like with all that 'strength' visiting you, you should have had some help moving that bookcase! Don't you just hate when you've got your day planned and then you get one interruption after another? Seems to take forever to get back on track then.

J-ann: I think you have it just a little backwards. You're supposed to have a day off from labor today. Doesn't sound like that's what you're doing at all.

Well, I'm sure everyone else has some wonderful plans for their day. 2cute should be home soon. We haven't seen Michelle or Susie in awhile. There are others who are missing too. Hope it's just the 'last weekend of the summer' and everyone will be back real soon.

I think I'll go do some laundry myself. Love to all.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:44 PM   #9  

Angry Hi Ladies!

Not too much to report going on up here in Canada. It's Labour Day (spelt Labor Day for you Americans) and it's nice to have my hubby home for the day. We've had a busy weekend. On Friday night, we had a few friends over, Saturday we moved my BIL and went out to a club at night and Sunday we attended my BIL's housewarming party! Now... it's LAZY Monday!

I WAS supposed to play tennis this afternoon with a friend of mine (I'm still considering it) but my little friend, TOM, is visiting in full force and I don't feel like I want to be TOO mobile!

Well I KNEW I would weigh myself before my official Wednesday Weigh-In! (If THAT'S my biggest temptation in the week, I'm doing pretty good!) The official word is 60 pounds lost and I am officially at the half way mark!!! It's all an easy-going, downhill ride from here, right?!

I CELEBRATED by going on a $300 shopping spree yesterday! Do I feel guilty for spending so much $$$? Yes and no... I KNOW it's a lot BUT I definitely think all my effort is worth a little spoiling of myself! I got some really nice pants (both size 16) and a couple of matching tops... then I needed a new white bra so I could wear my new white top... then...etc!!!!

KAT!!! I'm SOOOO happy you're back! Hope you get a chance to pop in today and let us know about all the CrAzY adventures you had!

Baylee... You are SO ambitious to be painting your entire house! I would be too scared by the enormity of such a task! You're a better woman than I!

Thin... It'll be exciting to stay away from the scale until next Monday! Since it seems like you're doing so well, it could prove to be really exciting!!! Good luck!

Well ladies, seeing as how it's 1:45pm here, I should really get dressed for the day! We didn't get back from the housewarming party last night until 3:30am! Hello to all my other lovelies, Lucky, 2Cute, Steph, J-Ann, Tina, Malia, Mary and everybody else!

See everyone in a bit!
Sara
Old 09-02-2002, 05:58 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Hello my darlings...

I'm just popping in for a sec...I have been in the throes of garage cleaning for a good part of the day...there is so much crap out there...come to think of it, there is so much crap in HERE, which prompted the garage clean out to make room for all the stuff that doesn't fit in here. I could easily get extremely overwhelmed by all that needs to be done, BUT...as per my pal, the FlyLady, "It didn't get dirty in one day, don't expect to get rid of it all in one day...baby steps are key." Gee...what ELSE could we apply those wise words to???????

I really have to get back to work...need to get dinner started and off to bed... I have to go back to work tonight!

I will leave you all with the promise of regaling you with my kayaking story...probably tomorrow...see you then!
Old 09-02-2002, 05:59 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Well, obviously everyone but Sara and I have a real life today!

Glad to see ya, Sara! It sounds like you had a HUGELY busy weekend. Work and fun all rolled into one, that can't be too bad.

I just got in from grocery shopping. Geez, you'd think the store would be empty. Well, not here, girlfriends! The place was packed. I didn't realize there were so many people that didn't have their grilling stuff ready ahead of time. I wimped out and stopped for Arby's Roast Beef sandwiches on the way home. At 5 Arby Melts for $5, I couldn't go wrong.

I had read/heard a very long time ago about this woman who used those decorative marbles in a vase to visualize her weightloss. She said for every pound she lost, she would put in a marble. So today I went and bought 'river rock' to do the same thing with. I have a real pretty crystal bowl and I picked out a couple of bags with the prettiest stones in them and now I have started my own visual aid. So far, 39 rocks!!!! Send good vibes : that the bowl fills up very quickly.

Gonna run. I'm fastforwarding through the last three episodes of my soap opera while I do paperwork from our dinner out last night. You all have a good one.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:47 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

I bought my cabinets today they ae just 48 inches but thats more counter top space I also bought a wall cabinet. I got butcher block counter top. It looks nice for a grand total of $175.00. I sold my old microwave hutch for $40.00.
Not much else going on. Work tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:01 PM   #13  

j-ann, you inspired me and I got to cleaning after ready your post today. Thanks....:

It was terribly windy here today. After all the cleaning I took a shower and a nap....I have the sniffels so I think that may be why I have been so tired. Off to get Nyquil on my lunch hour tomorrow.

Way to go Sara.....

Thin, good idea with the river stone...I love them anyway. I have some scattered around in different things around the house.

Well, it's off to the couch...I tend to really baby myself if I think a cold is coming on...I want to keep it under control and nip it in the bud!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 09:11 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,

Happy Labor Day!

I woke up and walked with Mikey. Stopped at a craft store. I've been organizing my crafts. I love watching scrapbooking on DIY. I plan to make a copy of my mom's wedding and baby albums. One of these days, it'll be given to the oldest I guess. One of the many things I want to do.

I'm on to French. It's not as easy as German, believe it or not. Maybe it's because many letters are silent. Who knows, but it's slow going. I've alotted two weeks. Here goes nothing.

I've been watching my intake today. Just had papaya and nonfat yogurt for lunch. We'll have barbeque tonight and I'm going to eat shish kabobs. Healthier than bbq hot dogs. Right?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Aloha,
Malia
Old 09-03-2002, 12:47 AM   #15  

Wink Bedtime Quickie!

Hi-ya Ladies!

Well, a couple of hours ago I sat down to post and thought..."I'd better get my butt outta this chair and go for a little jog so I have something worthy of posting"... so I went jogging again! Good for me! I'd like to make it something I do every second night or so, so that it will have a positive impact on my weight loss.

You know what's funny?

The other night, after I'd come home from jogging for the first time in a LONG time, I collasped on the leather loveseat in my husband's home office.

He looks at me and says "Hi Sweetie. How was your jog?"

I, still gasping for air, say "Great! I managed to jog lightly for 20 minutes without stopping!!!"

He (who had fried calamari, a large rack of ribs, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, salad, and an ice tea for dinner and hasn't moved from his computer seat since then and needs to be dieting) says "You know, you should jog for at least half an hour to burn the ultimate amount of calories."

I, glaring at him in disbelief, say "That's SOOO great to know. Thanks a bunch."

My husband is super supportive when it comes to my diet but, at that moment, I could have strangled him!

ANYWAYS, I'm off to bed but I just need to say again....

BAYLEE!!! You put me to shame! It sounds like you're working SO hard!

Lucky... Add getting lots of vitamin C to that list Baylee made for you! Hope you're feeling better very soon... summer colds suck!

TTFN
Sara
Closed Thread