Old 03-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #1  

Exclamation Just starting and kind of scared

Hi-- I'm just ready to start MRC day 1-4 yellow tomorrow. I went to the class 2 weeks ago but we were leaving on vacation & decided to wait until we got back from vacation for me to start. I wanted to give myself the best chance I could to succeed & I thought that it would be too difficult to start while out of town & without easy access to the foods I'm supposed to eat. The problem with waiting is that I've gotten a little scared of the diet. I've been on diets before & I really want this weight off so I'm going to do it. I'm just a little anxious to start. Thought it might help to post it "out loud" so to speak. You know, own up to it, admit it.

Well I'm ready to go first thing in the morning.
kimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

You're right to be honest about how you're feeling about starting. It can be scary to make such a momentous decision in your life. Try not to get "scared" confused with "excited" though - I do that all the time. I'm about to try something new and feel that flutter! I used to think fear - now I realize I'm excited. So, try to see it that way - You've made a life changing decision and you're excited about this new phase of your life. This support forum is a great place to ask questions - and a great spot to be honest about how you're feeling. You can do it!
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

It was scary for me in the beginning too.. So many changes to make all at once. We get so used to eating a certain way, and this diet helps us change that. The first week or two were hard for me. Just getting used to how I had to plan my meals more. I've been on it since the beginning of November. I have my good days and my bad days.. We all do. This forum is great because it keeps you accountable. At least it does for me.

You'll do great.. Just take it one day, one meal at a time. We're all here for you..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

I felt the same way and think that is very natural. I share with people that at my first foods class at the center I literally felt like crying when I saw the expectations, etc.....then I just went one meal at a time......and of course had my hard days too mixed in .....but in general just keep stepping forward. You'll be surprised what you can do that you thought you couldn't. Hope this forum is as encouraging to you as it was to me.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #5  
a unique snowflake

S/C/G: 334/298/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyb View Post
Hi-- I'm just ready to start MRC day 1-4 yellow tomorrow. I went to the class 2 weeks ago but we were leaving on vacation & decided to wait until we got back from vacation for me to start. I wanted to give myself the best chance I could to succeed & I thought that it would be too difficult to start while out of town & without easy access to the foods I'm supposed to eat. The problem with waiting is that I've gotten a little scared of the diet. I've been on diets before & I really want this weight off so I'm going to do it. I'm just a little anxious to start. Thought it might help to post it "out loud" so to speak. You know, own up to it, admit it.

Well I'm ready to go first thing in the morning.
Hi... i am on my 4th day of preconditioning and i was also very nervous a couple of days before i started but now... it is ok. Nothing wierd just much cleaner and the body wants to fight it. I compare it to a crack addict.. the body wants the drug no matter what... my drug just happens to be tacos..

we can do this together....
Scarlette13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette13 View Post
Hi... i am on my 4th day of preconditioning and i was also very nervous a couple of days before i started but now... it is ok. Nothing wierd just much cleaner and the body wants to fight it. I compare it to a crack addict.. the body wants the drug no matter what... my drug just happens to be tacos..

we can do this together....
Congratulations kimmyb and Scarlette13 it can be hard. This is no lie, but once you reach the first 10lb loss I can only imagine how your faces will light up, especially when you see your clothes getting too big. I just weighed in today and lost another 2 lbs. I am amazed it how quickly it has come off and how often I am having to buy smaller clothes. The jeans I just bought 3 weeks ago are now bagging. I just saw someone who hasn't seen me in 3 months and could not get over "how small" I am. Plus I have had several people tell me to stop losing. Definately, things I never have heard before.

Because the whole MRC experience can be overwhelming just take it meal by meal. You may come across some rough patches but anyone on this board will tell you to be patient and it will happen. No matter how frusterated you may feel just keep, keeping on. In the end, I'm sure you will more than likely find this to be more successful than anything else you've tried. I as well as others can atest to this.

Remember this is a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix. Also anything worth wanting is worth fighting for. ( I'm sure I messed up that saying. Eh well you know what I'm getting at.) What you're doing for yourself is AND will be amazing.

Last edited by harlow grey; 03-12-2010 at 09:24 PM.
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #7  
a unique snowflake

Thank you so much Harlow that is so inspiring.. whew i was beginning to think i was invisible you are the first to respond to me since i joined this site..

i am really ready this time... really ready.. i can feel it...

congrats on your success i will keep up with you..

scar
Old 03-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Quote:
Thank you so much Harlow that is so inspiring.. whew i was beginning to think i was invisible you are the first to respond to me since i joined this site..

i am really ready this time... really ready.. i can feel it...

congrats on your success i will keep up with you..

scar
Not a problem Scarlette. As far a people's responses on here they are generally good and I have found them to be pretty knowledgeable, supportive, and encouraging.

Thank you for the congratulations as well. You are going to do fine with this. I never thought I would. MRC turned my life upside down. I was a fast food junkie and I didn't cook (sort of didn't know how.) It forced me to really pay attention to what I eat and drink etc. It has been a different but postive experience.

Keep your head up lady. All will be well and good and please do keep in touch.
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281.5/272.5/195

Height: 5'8"

Smile Started 3/5/10

I just started the program on 3/5/10. I was told if I followed program I would lose 2 - 5 lbs a week. On 3/12/10 when I weighted in I did lose 5 lbs. and was very pleased. I am excited to watch the progress!
FabulousFitFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #10  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thank you so much Harlow that is so inspiring.. whew i was beginning to think i was invisible you are the first to respond to me since i joined this site.. i am really ready this time... really ready.. i can feel it...scar
I'm sorry no one welcomed you. I am always delighted to see new faces on this great site. Welcome Scarlette and have a wonderful journey. We are here to cheer you on, support you, and hug you when you need hugs. As MEEZOOGIRL said: Just take it one day, one meal at a time. You'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousFitFifty
I just started the program on 3/5/10. I was told if I followed program I would lose 2 - 5 lbs a week. On 3/12/10 when I weighted in I did lose 5 lbs. and was very pleased. I am excited to watch the progress!
Just so you don't feel neglected, Welcome Fabulous Fit Fifty. You are on your way to a new you!

jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Don't worry, after you get into the program and sort it out you will do fine! It really is a great program and is the best way to learn to live with a new way of eating. It seems kind of daunting at first but when you see the pounds roll off you will be amazed.. You will get out of it what you put into it.. Welcome.. We are glad to have you with us!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #12  
a unique snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
I'm sorry no one welcomed you. I am always delighted to see new faces on this great site. Welcome Scarlette and have a wonderful journey. We are here to cheer you on, support you, and hug you when you need hugs. As MEEZOOGIRL said: Just take it one day, one meal at a time. You'll do great!

Just so you don't feel neglected, Welcome Fabulous Fit Fifty. You are on your way to a new you!

jeanette
Thank you so much for the welcome..... i went in 4 days after i started as instructed... i lost 4.5 pounds! I hope this is a sign of things to come...
Old 03-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #13  
a unique snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousFitFifty View Post
Great start Fab!! i am so happy for you
Old 03-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #14  

Kimmy good luck on your journey. Its a great plan!
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote