South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Wednesday Cluckings

Ok, so I know this is like, 2 hours ahead of when FoodO usually posts (so forgive me my friend for interjecting) but I thought I might get things started here for Wednesday!

Things will be busy for me at work today and while, if I make it in early, I can check in, I may not so I thought, why the heck not start something right around midnight!? It's just me and the owls (which will be either my next or 2nd next tattoo BTW) at this time anyway!

Happy Hump [OP] Day!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Jenn. I didn't realize you were one of the "owls". Depending on the night, I'm up and down. Last night I was pretty tired after skiing, and really wanted to munch, so I just went to bed early....imagine my suprise when I logged on. BTW-you're always welcome to come visit me for skiing. I'm in the heart of ski country.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-10-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good MORNING!!! I am having a FANTABULOUS day and I hope it keeps up because it's only 7:50 a.m.!

My workout was AWESOME this morning. It's my favorite one of the series and today was the last day I am doing it. I can't believe I'm almost at the end of the thirteen week program!

My scale was back at 134! Yay!

I tried on my favorite jeans, just for kicks today. These ones: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000219630449 I got them on and I *could* have worn them, but they will look a lot better in 4-5 pounds so I will wait and wear them when they look fabulous! (Connor took that picture - isn't it funny?!)

I have a tutoring client coming today so I need to get the girls through their homeschool quickly and off to school. Connor's heading out the door right now. It looks like another windy, cold day out there.

We've got the girls' martial arts and then church tonight. I'm making bread right now but it will be for everyone else because I used white flour. I'm just going to pack a veggie burger and rice and skip the soups. I forgot to get broth at the store, so I'll make a soup for next week.

Kadyn's just about done her breakfast so I'm going to start her school with her. Happy Wednesday!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kara

Awesome photo! Especially now that you fit back in the jeans. I AM going back to bed at some point, so see you later.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 AM   #5  

Happy Hump Day to you too! I'm sure there will be no conflict for you gettin' it started a lil early!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Well this is the first time I've seen 5 posts before 5 AM Hope you are all getting some more sleep now.
Good morning all. The coffee is on (the first pot of the day) and there's plenty to share

Jenne - Okay, how many tattoos do you have so far? I never thought about an owl, that could be nice. I was thinking a crane next but I'm not sure if I will get another one. Have a good day. Hope there are a few moments of down time in there.

Debbie - Skiing again? Sounds like you're making the most of it Bet this weather is perfect too.

Kara - Hope the fantabulousness is continuing!

Sunshine - Welcome back! I'll be looking for you every morning now

I'm trying to improve my attitude. The week is already really challenging and I thought today was Thursday. That is not a good sign. It's all state budget stuff and watching some of the things that have been so successful get dismantled. Unfortunately there may be many of these days.

Uh oh, posting before feeding cats. Better get that done NOW! They're staring at me....
Old 03-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a bunch of earlybirds - or night owls! Good idea to get us started up Jenne. I assume you went to bed after posting. Debbie, I'm never sure if you are getting up or going to bed. Kara has half a day's work done of course and Sunshine is getting ready for bed.

Cyndi, does that make us the "normal" ones? Scary thought!

Great book club meeting last night with lots of good discussion and laughter. The book was a Stuart MacLean - Canada's Garrison Keilor. We chose it as a lighter selection after a couple of heavy ones. The next book is "Middlesex" which will be different and possibly very interesting.

Looks like another clear and warmish day and I have absolutely nothing on my schedule. The dogs will be happy. I may even get a chance to work on my baby quilt and tackle some of Jazz's matted fur bits.

I hope your day is springlike. (I guess I should change my avatar.)
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to all you chirpy early birds! You all are up and rearin' to go on this Hump Day morning.

Jen, I do hope you managed to get a few hours sleep before starting your busy day at work.

Debbie, have another fun day of skiing! That's an excellent way to get a great workout, plus have a blast at the same time.

Kara, woohoo on the jeans NSV!!! Isn't that a super way to start your day! I hope the rest of your day is just as uplifting!

Sunshine, long time no see! I hope you're back to join us regularly!

Cyndi, I really appreciate the coffee, thanks! It tastes especially good when I can share it with all of you. I hope your Hump Day Hurdles aren't too hard to conquer and goes by quickly. Tomorrow will be Thursday for sure, then you can celebrate! I hope the kitties have full tummies by now!

We're supposed to have one more day of sunny weather before a rain spell, and you can bet I'll be outside enjoying as much of it as I can manage. I sat out on Cindy's porch and had my lunch yesterday, and it felt so good! The girls had a riding lesson after school yesterday, and instead of using that time to have my tea and read, I went up to the paddock to watch them, instead. Afterwards, we set up an obstacle course in the yard and stayed out there playing until it got too dark and hunger brought us inside for supper. I think it's been a long winter for all of us, and it just felt so good to be outside again.

Well, I'd better go look in the freezer and decide what to make for Jake's supper and get it started. I made a big pan of roasted vegetables and chick peas for myself yesterday, so that's what I'll be having again today.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Debbie, LOL I don't know why I was doing the thumbs up. Connor probably told me to. Ha!

Sunshine, keep on posting. You'll stay on track better!

Cyndi, I've got joy to share today. I have no idea why I'm in such a good mood, but I'll take it! Here's some happy dust for you...*'*'*'*'* Does that look happy? I don't know...

Ruth, you're consistent, and that's more important than being "normal" (although you certainly can be both!). Have a good day!

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed your time outside yesterday! Think of me today when you're out there. It's still too cold here to be outside.

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-10-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Kara, amazing about the jeans and the scale! I feel like it was just yesterday you were stuck at 140.

For me, I've been fighting off a cold...we are going to Florida on Saturday and I'm determined not to be sick! This morning I almost feel like it's taken up permanent residence, but I'll continue with the Zicam tablets anyway, just because I actually do think they are working a bit.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmc, I hope you're feeling better before your trip!

Kara, there's a lot of celebration going on in your siggie!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Linda, I know! Ten days!!! Today is the half-way mark. Maybe that's why I'm in such a good mood!

Mmckellen, I finally buckled down and started calorie counting. Actually, I broke open my Extreme Fat Smash book and started following the menus in there. It's very easy to adapt to follow along with the South Beach principles and it always gets my weight moving again. Sometimes I want a very structured plan and sometimes I want to be able to pick and choose whatever I want. It always feels like a big sacrifice to follow the EFS plan so I always procrastinate about it, but there really is a decent variety of food for it being a calorie-restricted plan. I'll do it for another week and a half until Tom gets home and then switch back to full time South Beach to maintain the loss I'm getting now plus continue to lose some more.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

I feel really boring this morning - I go to bed early, sleep like a log, have no tattoos and nothing exciting planned for the next few days. lol I was almost too embarrassed to post.

Cute jeans Kara! Connor is a multi-talented young man, nice photo.

Jenn, I hope you slept well and get through your busy day with no bumps.
Debbie, it's fun to read about your skiing - I'll be referring to you as "my friend the ski bum" before long.
Hi Sunshine, nice to see you. I'd like to be in sunny southern California this morning. It's pretty dreary and cool here right now.
Cyndi, you'd better be careful... if you keep posting before feeding them those cats of yours may figure out how to sabotage your internet connection!
Mmc - I swear by zicam. I hope you'll be feeling really good by Saturday.
Good morning Ruth and Linda and anyone else who comes later.

Enjoy your Wednesday!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

Jenn - Mixing things up can be fun; thanks for getting us off and running today. I need to remember the time difference since per my page you posted yesterday! Tattoos?

Debbie - I am sooo not an owl. Early bird, but not as early as many other chicks! When is the next ski day for you?

Kara - You ARE having a great day! Congrats.

Sunshine - Hello there.

Cyndi - Sorry your week is challenging Tattoos for you too?

Ruth - I have heard great things about Middlesex but admit I started it once and did not finish. I would have it it was for my book club.... sooo many books, so little time.

Cottage - How nice to spend the day outside. Hopefully there will be more of that soon.

Mmc - I was downing Airborne all last week for the same reason! Then I wondered if I am starting to feel spring allergies. Here's to us both being healthy for vacation

Heidi - Me too, except for the log part. I wish I slept better. Have a great day.

Nothing exciting here. Gym and more trip prep. Not sure when I will start packing... but soon. This is the last day of school for DS this week.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone!

Jenn - you were up super early! I am tired just thinking about it, lol.

Debbie - It's 50 degrees here today, and I'm kind of missing winter already, so I'm jealous of your ski-proximity.

Kara - Woo! Congratulations and great job on sticking with it!

Sunshine - I love your avatar; very pretty.

Cyndi - An unfed cat is a scary thing. Mine used to get into bed with me and crawl on my face while I was sleeping.

Ruth - I read Middlesex a couple of years ago, when it first came out. It's really interesting, kind of weird, but amazingly well written.

Linda - Roasted veggies and chickpeas are making me drool, I'll admit it.

Mmc - Zicam is a miracle cure! Good luck and feel better!

Heidi - A healthy night's sleep is always something to give two thumbs up about, hehe.

I'm trying to figure out what to wear to a friend's birthday party in a couple of weeks. It's 20s themed, and I refuse to pay money to rent a costume. I have a couple of dresses from Igigi that might be able to pass, but they're more day dresses than party dresses. But she's turning 30, so I can't skip the party because I don't have a flapper costume hidden in my closet. Any ideas?
Closed Thread