Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #1  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Default WW Leader Issue

I have this issue. The WW meeting that best suits my time is on Wednesday nights. I have been very consistent about going to get weighed in, but here's my problem... My leader is B-O-R-I-N-G.

I have had much better charismatic leaders that inspired me before and there are ones here now but I just can't do the times.

I don't stay for the meetings now, but I'd like to. What should I do?
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #2  

Stay for the meeting and contribute to it. Ask open ended questions that will get the group going. Obviously since there are people attending the meeting, they don't all find her boring.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #3  

Some are better than others, I had a really good one on Wednesday nite and decided Sat. morning would fit my schedule and make it easier on me. Ha, I stopped going, she was so boring it did nothing for me. I didn't go off program but I am struggling. I am going back to Wed. nite. It doesn't fit my schedule, but it fits my weight lost life.!!

Last edited by mpappie; 03-09-2010 at 03:37 PM.
mpappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I ended up changing locations because my whole group was just aweful. Everyone sat around and complained about how bad their lives were, including the leader! She'd always go on about her horrible, mean sister. First I started trying other days and found some leaders I liked but in the end my original day/time really worked best for me, so I switched locations. I have to drive about 20 min farther, but it's so worth it!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

I do WW on my own now for that very reason. Time is in short supply. Between and cummy location a so so leader and a few individuals who used it as their own personal therapy sessions it was killing me. Now I use 3 fat chicks, have a chart in the bathroom and I'm dedicated. For me it was about finally making the desission. Even when I did go to meetings I was not committed or haveing real success. Once you truely decide to do something, all the excuses stop. Good luck and don't let it derail you. If I can do it, anyone can :-)
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #6  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I think I am going to have to go to a different meeting in a different town. It's on Saturday mornings and the leader is GREAT, but it doesn't fit a lot of times with my schedule with my son's activities. But she motivates me. I thought since I'm on the monthly plan and you have unlimited meetings that I could keep my weigh in on Wednesday and just go to the Saturday meeting as much as I could. Thanks for all your input.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 274.5/265/150

Height: 5ft 6

That would work Wizzie - going to get weighed on the Wednesday and then getting to the Saturday meetings when you can - and I think it's a good idea if your leader isn't inspiring you.
missybct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #8  

That's a great plan Wizzie cause it is so important to like your leader. I lived in one town and went to meetings in another for that reason too lol. But then I got tired of driving so I started going to the one in my town and totally regretted it lol. So needless to say I started going back to my normal leader lol.
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote